{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:10 pm

i have never been comfortable with Logan since he arrived
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:17 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:i have never been comfortable with Logan since he arrived

He’s a cracking shot stopper.

As I said earlier though, when he made a great save from a header - which came about as he didn’t come out and collect the ball like any normal keeper would do - was that I hoped and expected the not coming off the line and his dreadful distribution would have been ironed out in the summer.

As it is, it’s exactly the same as last year, and I don’t understand it. Why hasn’t it been addressed?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:24 pm

thosstag wrote:I won't slate Conrad though I have never been a big fan I do think however that Bobby should be given an extended run to give him a reasonable chance to claim the keeper role for himself. It would also give Conrad the possibility of seeing that he has real competition.
On another point, though he was a fault for the goal, why is it that when we have gone a goal up with ten minutes to go do we fall back and encourage the opposition to press. We should be looking for the second goal. When we had a corner none of the defenders went up.

The last point is the one that hits the nail on the head. Why oh why do the defence drop back 15 yards too deep dragging the midfield five back with them. Thats what lead up to to Mandron making Logan save a late shot but we still did not learn. Lets get all 11 behind the ball and run about like headless raspberrying chickens trying to defend a one goal lead or waste time from a corner when were still attacking from a corner or kick the ball away all to try to waste time. Then we put Mcdonald on front post to defend a throw because guess what hes 9ft 7" tall and can jump even higher. Yes Logan has his faults and was clearly at fault for not punching the ball away BUT we get what we deserve when the defense as a whole don't do their raspberrying job. Listen to the managers interview he didnt just blame Logan did he!!! Lots of positives to take forward to tranmere but we have to stop defending too deep, it exposes our weaknesses.
:coys:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkstag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:31 pm

A typical Yorkshire Stag comment

Conrad made a mistake today and in my view Booby now deserves his chance

Wait for ooh Darren don’t you agree and Marty ban him he’s a bully

Conrad has at times been excellent but no one can make mistakes and keep getting picked

Time for Bobby
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:50 pm

Yorkshire stag said same thing as you and your having a go at him just because he is Yorkshire stag.
Give our number two goalkeeper a chance because our number one league two keeper is disgusting and useless.
Hello have a look at the Ipswich championship number two flapping at air and forests number one championship keeper doing even worse. Logan on the whole stops goals from shots at him but has his faults but he is no worse than your average championship keeper at crosses. That's what you pay your center halves to do
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:10 am

Perhaps give Bobby a go , but I don't think he will be any better.

Is the ex Wednesday keeper Keane still training with us ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:20 am

I don’t think anybody has mentioned. Walker giving away the needless foul .that resulted 30secs later in a goal
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:32 am

What is a little confusing as after his initial wobbly patch last season, the praise for him on here was pretty fulsome. There were even people voting for him as player of the season. Now, I don’t see many games so I’m not commenting on his performances, and yesterday was a massive ricket but I’m just amused at the lynch mob mentality on here. He appears to have overnight turned from Gordon Banks to Paddy Gamble.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:41 am

daddycool wrote:I don’t think anybody has mentioned. Walker giving away the needless foul .that resulted 30secs later in a goal

It's been mentioned a few times actually including in Martin's match report. It was a needless freekick, but it was cleared.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:50 am

bellwhiff wrote:What is a little confusing as after his initial wobbly patch last season, the praise for him on here was pretty fulsome. There were even people voting for him as player of the season. Now, I don’t see many games so I’m not commenting on his performances, and yesterday was a massive ricket but I’m just amused at the lynch mob mentality on here. He appears to have overnight turned from Gordon Banks to Paddy Gamble.

I think he divided opinion on here from day one. There are those who love a character that has bants with the fans (like that Swiss joker we had a couple of years back) and there are those who prefer their keepers to be dull as ditchwater with no drama attatched.

I expect a keeper to make the odd error that ends in a goal, they all do it even the great ones, it goes with the job. It's how consistant they are with the bread and butter stuff that makes a good keeper.

CL is good for a heart in mouth moment, or a . was that moment, once a game. It's not always punished like yesterday, but they are always there.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:35 am

Unless you have 50 million to spend , you will always have a goalie who has heart in mouth moments. Logan has taken stick for yesterday, but what about the rest? Their goalie could have been sitting on a deckchair smoking a cigar all game, I'm struggling to remember a save
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:49 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:I do worry every time a cross comes near the six yard line. Some say he doesn’t cover his penalty area........he doesn’t even command his six yard box. Also why go to catch it, it was an easier punch. Over to Bobby!!!

He should have punched it. He should have made it his, but to hang him out to dry for it is unfair.

I’m not hanging him out to dry just stating the obvious. I’m not saying he’s bad, Bobby deserves his chance now, and keep Logan in his toes!!!

I'm with you pal, costly error and two points down the drain. Bob'll be pretty miffed if Conrad stays between t'sticks. It's time Conrad upped his game in certain aspects of 'keeping'.

Ok all stoppers make errors and Bob will too, but it was basic stuff Conrad and is your 'Achilles Heel' and raises it's head in too many occasions in a season.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:50 am

The one thing what got me watching was when Logan realised he got the flight of the ball wrong our quickly he hit the deck then quickly jumping back up trying to get the foal . So he can jump ;)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Waggy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:06 am

adamstag wrote:

As I said earlier though, when he made a great save from a header - which came about as he didn’t come out and collect the ball like any normal keeper would do - was that I hoped and expected the not coming off the line and his dreadful distribution would have been ironed out in the summer.

As it is, it’s exactly the same as last year, and I don’t understand it. Why hasn’t it been addressed?

He's no better than average Adam. You can list a dozen keepers we've had that are easily as good but don't make the howlers by flapping at crosses that he does - wouldn't get in my top 20 Stags keepers
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:10 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Crikey Charlie, you orrible lot. At least it took two weeks to find a scapegoat.

Connie has dropped a horrendous goolie. No argument. The defence was solid as a solid thing in solidsville on 'solid day' and didn't deserve that, but c'mon, Logan was excellent last season and saved us loads of times. He drops a howler and every man and his pet squirrel is queuing up to batter him.

Personally I'm willing to accept that he's made a mistake that's cost us, like all lower league outfield players do. It's highlighted because it's the 95th minute last attack of the game.

Might actually be beneficial to get off of your collective fitness high horse and get behind one of our players who is probably devastated tonight.

He cost us as many points as he gained us last season. People seem to trot out the ‘oh well he’s a league two keeper what do you expect’. Well as I expect a defender to defend and a strike to score goals, I expect a keeper to save shots I would expect him to save and catch balls that any of us in the crowd could have.

Of course everyone’s allowed a mistake but this is not an isolated incident.

I could not disagree more with you. I thought he was excellent last season. Everyone I sit with thought the same. Perhaps we sit at a favourable angle.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:13 am

Really Yorkie? You've never mentioned it,.........from when the ink was still wet on his contract.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:16 am

adamstag wrote:

Have you actually had another look at this "ball that any normal keeper would have come for"?

Good grief.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:19 am

Waggy wrote:
adamstag wrote:

He's no better than average Adam. You can list a dozen keepers we've had that are easily as good but don't make the howlers by flapping at crosses that he does - wouldn't get in my top 20 Stags keepers

You have 24 hours to name 19 better keepers please.

Expect to have your selections judged mind.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:22 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Crikey Charlie, you orrible lot. At least it took two weeks to find a scapegoat.

Connie has dropped a horrendous goolie. No argument. The defence was solid as a solid thing in solidsville on 'solid day' and didn't deserve that, but c'mon, Logan was excellent last season and saved us loads of times. He drops a howler and every man and his pet squirrel is queuing up to batter him.

Personally I'm willing to accept that he's made a mistake that's cost us, like all lower league outfield players do. It's highlighted because it's the 95th minute last attack of the game.

Might actually be beneficial to get off of your collective fitness high horse and get behind one of our players who is probably devastated tonight.

He cost us as many points as he gained us last season. People seem to trot out the ‘oh well he’s a league two keeper what do you expect’. Well as I expect a defender to defend and a strike to score goals, I expect a keeper to save shots I would expect him to save and catch balls that any of us in the crowd could have.

I could not disagree more with you. I thought he was excellent last season. Everyone I sit with thought the same. Perhaps we sit at a favourable angle.

Funnily enough, I sit in line with, but a few rows back from you and the general consensus around us is that he's gash. That's football for you! :lol:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:27 am

This thread is a disgrace

He made a mistske fgs
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Waggy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:33 am

DogsDoDahs wrote:Yorkshire stag said same thing as you and your having a go at him just because he is Yorkshire stag.
Give our number two goalkeeper a chance because our number one league two keeper is disgusting and useless.
Hello have a look at the Ipswich championship number two flapping at air and forests number one championship keeper doing even worse. Logan on the whole stops goals from shots at him but has his faults but he is no worse than your average championship keeper at crosses. That's what you pay your center halves to do

Nonsense! The keeper has a massive advantage over the other players in being able to use his hands. Anything in and around the 6 yard box should be his every time. If its not. there is uncertainty created amongst the defence which causes problems. In my opinion, its why we have seen more than enough late goals conceded from long punts into the box!

Also another Logan makes saves statement - well whoopy do! Isn't that what he supposed to do? He's no better shop stopper than most other keepers at this level and certainly not good enough to justify his flapping at crosses or rooting to his line
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:47 am

Sneag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Funnily enough, I sit in line with, but a few rows back from you and the general consensus around us is that he's gash. That's football for you! :lol:

I genuinely wasn't aware of that - you must come and say hello.
You also must have a bit of cloud cover obscuring your line of sight from up there too. ;)
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:53 am

yorkstag wrote:

A typical Yorkshire Stag comment

Conrad made a mistake today and in my view Booby now deserves his chance

Wait for ooh Darren don’t you agree and Marty ban him he’s a bully

Conrad has at times been excellent but no one can make mistakes and keep getting picked

Time for Bobby

Yorkie please stop trolling my posts chuck, Darren agree, Marty ban him lol grow up flower
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Waggy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:59 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Waggy wrote:
adamstag wrote:

You have 24 hours to name 19 better keepers please.

Expect to have your selections judged mind.

I know you think you're Stagsnet royalty, but who are you to judge my top 20?
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:10 am

I think enough said everybody .

The guy made a mistake, made two excelkent saves earlier, give him a break, he will know what he did but unless it becones a regular thing he's our No1.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum