{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Crikey Charlie, you orrible lot. At least it took two weeks to find a scapegoat.

Connie has dropped a horrendous goolie. No argument. The defence was solid as a solid thing in solidsville on 'solid day' and didn't deserve that, but c'mon, Logan was excellent last season and saved us loads of times. He drops a howler and every man and his pet squirrel is queuing up to batter him.

Personally I'm willing to accept that he's made a mistake that's cost us, like all lower league outfield players do. It's highlighted because it's the 95th minute last attack of the game.

Might actually be beneficial to get off of your collective fitness high horse and get behind one of our players who is probably devastated tonight.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:59 pm

This thread is totally wrong. It felt like a loss today, even if you think it was a Logan mistake, he is still a great keeper at this level.

Some people believe Marriott was a 'great keeper', but i remember him walking the ball over his line at Southend.

Today just feels worse because of the effort it took get into the winning position and the late late nature of the equaliser. Today we could have gone top with a win!

Its a shame what happened, but to call Logan a disgrace is disgraceful in its self.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:59 pm

You don't have to be a fitness coachh where Conrad is concerned.

A Kwic Fit fitter would be more appropriate.

My view is that he is allowed the occasional mistake, just like any other player.
Last edited by oldweststander on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:00 pm

What’s more baffling is that when bobby has came on, he’s been more or less faultless.

He’s also in shape and can catch a ball.

Logan’s made enough mistakes, and whereas he’s a likeable lad and a good shot stopper maybe it’s time to give someone else a go
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:02 pm

dont be daft doomy.
today will forever be known as conradgate.
the day when a keeper disgraced himself in front of 4000 fans.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:06 pm

I do worry every time a cross comes near the six yard line. Some say he doesn’t cover his penalty area........he doesn’t even command his six yard box. Also why go to catch it, it was an easier punch. Over to Bobby!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:09 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:I do worry every time a cross comes near the six yard line. Some say he doesn’t cover his penalty area........he doesn’t even command his six yard box. Also why go to catch it, it was an easier punch. Over to Bobby!!!

He should have punched it. He should have made it his, but to hang him out to dry for it is unfair.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:13 pm

die hirsche wrote:Good for you 007 that you can laugh it all off.
I didnt see so much laughing in stanley harbour.

I’m really not sure of your point ?

What’s Stanley Harbour got to do with this ? Completely lost me.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Kyleaston » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:20 pm

Think we could have been top of the table today on goals for us/scored if we had cleared the ball away and won, but to think we are not in the automatic places or playoffs is a travesty, hope we will do better next time and keep the spirits up as we're only 3 games into the league campaign.
Every goalkeeper makes a mistake and maybe nerves got to him as it was the 94th minute but maybe Bobby deserves another chance for Tuesday. Please hope we win and keep the belief as it's start of the season and still unbeaten.
Last edited by Kyleaston on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kyleaston
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:22 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Crikey Charlie, you orrible lot. At least it took two weeks to find a scapegoat.

Connie has dropped a horrendous goolie. No argument. The defence was solid as a solid thing in solidsville on 'solid day' and didn't deserve that, but c'mon, Logan was excellent last season and saved us loads of times. He drops a howler and every man and his pet squirrel is queuing up to batter him.

Personally I'm willing to accept that he's made a mistake that's cost us, like all lower league outfield players do. It's highlighted because it's the 95th minute last attack of the game.

Might actually be beneficial to get off of your collective fitness high horse and get behind one of our players who is probably devastated tonight.

Of course, a goalie makes a mistake and it's highlighted.

Stags have a history of tubby keepers, Colin " the flying pig" Treharne, who I idolised in the 60s, was a barrel of lard but made great saves and made some howlers too, Logan is but a shadow of the flying pig.

It's a team game and we live or die together, let's not crucify one of our own
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:24 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
die hirsche wrote:Good for you 007 that you can laugh it all off.
I didnt see so much laughing in stanley harbour.

I’m really not sure of your point ?

What’s Stanley Harbour got to do with this ? Completely lost me.

it's got nothing to do with it.
just your signature is quite annoying.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Kyleaston » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:36 pm

Sorry, I made a mistake, we would have been 3rd and in automatic places.
Kyleaston
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Waggy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:41 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Crikey Charlie, you orrible lot. At least it took two weeks to find a scapegoat.

No he wasn't - he was adequate at best. He makes a few saves but that's his job. When was the last goal that we got that was such a howler from an opposition keeper? We have to work for our goals - I'm sick of gifting opposition points

Logan isn't in the same class as some of our past Keepers - he'll cost us success this year
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:01 pm

I'm pretty sure the same conversation was being had this time last year!! Dejavu!!
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Why’s his weight suddenly become an issue, he’s always been big. I’m sure he’s been beasted along with the rest of the squad in pre season. He’s made some crucial saves in games this season
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:16 pm

I don't think the weight is an issue really, there have been plenty of good heafty keepers. For me the problem is his inability to command his box, there is no point having the ability to pull off a worldie save (and TBH some of the saves people rave about really ain't that special) if you can't catch a ball under your chuffin crossbar.

I don't like a slate a player after an individual error because I'm sure they feel bad enough, but people seem to have a blind spot with this lad. He is not a good keeper, week in week out I see opposition keepers just come out against us & do the basics of the job, very tidily and very competently. While Conrad seems to be the goal keeping equivalent of Boris Johnson, it's all bluff an bluster, rollocking defenders every time he lets a goal in.

He's been doing my nut in since the first time I ever saw him play.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:31 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:I do worry every time a cross comes near the six yard line. Some say he doesn’t cover his penalty area........he doesn’t even command his six yard box. Also why go to catch it, it was an easier punch. Over to Bobby!!!

He should have punched it. He should have made it his, but to hang him out to dry for it is unfair.

I’m not hanging him out to dry just stating the obvious. I’m not saying he’s bad, Bobby deserves his chance now, and keep Logan in his toes!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Waggy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Sneag wrote:I don't think the weight is an issue really, there have been plenty of good heafty keepers. For me the problem is his inability to command his box, there is no point having the ability to pull off a worldie save (and TBH some of the saves people rave about really ain't that special) if you can't catch a ball under your chuffin crossbar.

I don't like a slate a player after an individual error because I'm sure they feel bad enough, but people seem to have a blind spot with this lad. He is not a good keeper, week in week out I see opposition keepers just come out against us & do the basics of the job, very tidily and very competently. While Conrad seems to be the goal keeping equivalent of Boris Johnson, it's all bluff an bluster, rollocking defenders every time he lets a goal in.

Well said sir!

I think a lot of goals against us are down to his poor command of his area. It creates uncertainty in defence which leads to errors

But he does make the odd save - who'd have thought that of a goalkeeper?
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Minky123 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:05 pm

Sneag wrote:I don't think the weight is an issue really, there have been plenty of good heafty keepers. For me the problem is his inability to command his box, there is no point having the ability to pull off a worldie save (and TBH some of the saves people rave about really ain't that special) if you can't catch a ball under your chuffin crossbar.

Spot on !!!!
Minky123
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:13 pm

A player makes a mistake and suddenly he's regarded as useless by some on here.

Oh how they love to chastise a player.

Looks like it's Logan's turn this season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:33 pm

He cost us as many points as he gained us last season. People seem to trot out the ‘oh well he’s a league two keeper what do you expect’. Well as I expect a defender to defend and a strike to score goals, I expect a keeper to save shots I would expect him to save and catch balls that any of us in the crowd could have.

Of course everyone’s allowed a mistake but this is not an isolated incident.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:49 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

He cost us as many points as he gained us last season. People seem to trot out the ‘oh well he’s a league two keeper what do you expect’. Well as I expect a defender to defend and a strike to score goals, I expect a keeper to save shots I would expect him to save and catch balls that any of us in the crowd could have.

"Catch balls that any of us in the crowd could have". Your joking half of us would struggle to catch a cold. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby thosstag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:57 pm

I won't slate Conrad though I have never been a big fan I do think however that Bobby should be given an extended run to give him a reasonable chance to claim the keeper role for himself. It would also give Conrad the possibility of seeing that he has real competition.
On another point, though he was a fault for the goal, why is it that when we have gone a goal up with ten minutes to go do we fall back and encourage the opposition to press. We should be looking for the second goal. When we had a corner none of the defenders went up.
thosstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stags4eva » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:00 pm

Excellent post! I'm in shock someone else see's what i see!

P.s don't put anything like that in the facebook group, if your not 100% positive about every player all of the time you're not a proper supporter apparently...
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Waggy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:01 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

"Catch balls that any of us in the crowd could have". Your joking half of us would struggle to catch a cold. :)

Give over making excuses for highly paid flops! I can't remember a side that gives away so many late points. Most of the goals stem from long launches into the box, which is bound to happen since the opposition are entering desperation. Logan is at the heart of us not dealing with it
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum