{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The U's scorefred sponsored by And the all of US

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The U's scorefred sponsored by And the all of US

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:56 pm

When we had the ball in the corner & I think it was Mal & DR tried to hold it up and managed it for all of 5 seconds, I started getting this familiar sinking feeling. The gifting possession back, a seemingly endless 4 minutes, a daft foul, a parried shot that a Sunday League keeper would have caught out for a throw, then boom. Another 2 points in the bin.

We sort this raspberries out, or we fail again. It's a simple as that.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:11 pm

Agree with that Sneag. Not seeing games out cost us a play off place last season and has hindered Stags sides for the last few years. Teams that get promoted iron out and minimise these ways of shooting lost points in to orbit.

Three games in to the new season and we've chucked 2pts already.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:24 pm

Rose’s body language very good today when he came on. Come on Danny withdraw the transfer request and let’s get on with the promotion push !
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:32 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:Rose’s body language very good today when he came on. Come on Danny withdraw the transfer request and let’s get on with the promotion push !

Why hasn’t he withdrawn it yet? Makes me wonder, maybe he wants more money!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:39 pm

Macca, Khan and Mellis didn’t work today. We looked better when Bish came on. Also Davies was immense. I do like their number 10, he impresses every time I see him play, just can’t spell his surname. Thought he gave Macca the runaround first half. We won’t lose many this season, but we can’t afford to throw silly points away. COYS
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:44 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:Rose’s body language very good today when he came on. Come on Danny withdraw the transfer request and let’s get on with the promotion push !

Why hasn’t he withdrawn it yet? Makes me wonder, maybe he wants more money!!!

Would it really go public if he does. Rose may have had discussed the matter with Flitcroft privately. Wouldn't it be down to the club to announce that he has if they wanted to? I guess there's nothing to stop Danny from tweeting his commitment.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Bradders » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:48 pm

Forgettable match between two sides of similar ability, although different styles. Didn't think we created enough to win the game. Last season we had a reputation for scoring last-minute goals and being the fittest side in the league, but we looked a bit tired and jaded this week, and I was very worried in the added time.
Perhaps the League Cup win has cost us 2 points?
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:21 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Macca, Khan and Mellis didn’t work today. We looked better when Bish came on. Also Davies was immense. I do like their number 10, he impresses every time I see him play, just can’t spell his surname. Thought he gave Macca the runaround first half. We won’t lose many this season, but we can’t afford to throw silly points away. COYS

Your joking, Macca and Khan never stopped running.

I think we were a bit lightweight up front until Davies came on.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:49 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Macca, Khan and Mellis didn’t work today. We looked better when Bish came on. Also Davies was immense. I do like their number 10, he impresses every time I see him play, just can’t spell his surname. Thought he gave Macca the runaround first half. We won’t lose many this season, but we can’t afford to throw silly points away. COYS

I suspect he didn't mean that they didn't work hard. He meant that they didn't play well together. I agree, we weren't creative at all, but credit has to go to Colchester for stifling us.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:10 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

I mean it didn’t work out with them playing together. Can’t fault their commitment mate!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby awalkinthepark » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Bradders wrote:Forgettable match between two sides of similar ability, although different styles. Didn't think we created enough to win the game. Last season we had a reputation for scoring last-minute goals and being the fittest side in the league, but we looked a bit tired and jaded this week, and I was very worried in the added time.

I think if you look at the season as a whole we let as many points slip as gained late on. Before August was up we had conceded 2 late gosls against Luton and a late winner at Accy.
awalkinthepark
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tillydog123 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:50 am

This game was always going my to be tight it’s hard to put together 2 very good performances back to back
League and cup are so somt Mrs poles apart
I don’t think will have an easy season we have now dropped 4 points already which is not a disaster but home games need to be won
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:02 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I mean it didn’t work out with them playing together. Can’t fault their commitment mate!!!

Fair point. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:09 am

Martin Shaw wrote:Just the keeper changed from Tuesday. Sensible decision.
3-4-2-1
Logan;
White, Pearce, Sweeney (left of the three);
Hamilton, MacDonald, Mellis, Benning;
Butcher, Khan;
Walker

:oops:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:12 am

Spiritater wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Just the keeper changed from Tuesday. Sensible decision.
3-4-2-1
Logan;
White, Pearce, Sweeney (left of the three);
Hamilton, MacDonald, Mellis, Benning;
Butcher, Khan;
Walker

:oops:

:lol: Needs to work on his sixth sense a bit more ;)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:16 am

bellwhiff wrote:
die hirsche wrote:it's a decent point. colchester will be top 7.

1-0 up going into added time and drawing is not w decent point.

Flitcroft out.

Plank.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:15 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The reports from the Colchester Gazette

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/165 ... ield-town/

I think that’s the quote of the game:
“We nullified what they were doing“

They came for a draw and unfortunately got it, I agree we lacked a little creativity in the midfield but I felt with their tactics we did a good job of tiring out their team which made made bringing on Davies and Rose more effective.
Personally I thought our injury time tactics invited pressure which invites individual mistakes, other than a couple of errors we would have had the three points.
Overall Colchester did well and I can see them up there towards the end of the season.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:17 am

Agreed it was a very average performance. We created next to nothing. Colchester completely shut down our best outlet so far this season in Mal Benning, who barely touched the ball during the whole game. Khan and morseo Butcher played too high meaning they were unable to come and collect the bell between the lines. Colchester defended the ‘10 zone’ very well. Everything seemed a bit laboured, balls getting caught under foot and passes too slow or behind each other. I think we missed Preston’s distribution, as well as Bishops, as MacDonalds was largely poor. He must’ve played the round the corner channel ball 10 times yesterday and it didn’t come off once.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:21 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Agreed it was a very average performance. We created next to nothing. Colchester completely shut down our best outlet so far this season in Mal Benning, who barely touched the ball during the whole game. Khan and morseo Butcher played too high meaning they were unable to come and collect the bell between the lines. Colchester defended the ‘10 zone’ very well. Everything seemed a bit laboured, balls getting caught under foot and passes too slow or behind each other. I think we missed Preston’s distribution, as well as Bishops, as MacDonalds was largely poor. He must’ve played the round the corner channel ball 10 times yesterday and it didn’t come off once.

Szmodics had Macca in his tiny pocket most of the game. Macca only looked good in the last 10 minutes. Well played Colchester I say. They are a well oiled machine and will be top 7 imo. Not the worst point in hindsight just gut wrenching how it happened!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:25 am

Bradders wrote:Forgettable match between two sides of similar ability, although different styles. Didn't think we created enough to win the game. Last season we had a reputation for scoring last-minute goals and being the fittest side in the league, but we looked a bit tired and jaded this week, and I was very worried in the added time.

Maybe there's a 2nd Mansfield Town side I don't know, but last season we huffed and puffed more than the big bad wolf with asthma ;)

Last years squad did less exercise than Jim Royle by comparison, and goals-wise we still leaked like an overflowing festival toilet.

Perhaps my memory is wrong and I need to stick to swimming round my castle and eating guppy flakes :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:26 am

Spiritater wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
die hirsche wrote:it's a decent point. colchester will be top 7.

1-0 up going into added time and drawing is not w decent point.

Flitcroft out.

Plank.

Oh dear. Is your irony meter broken ? Buffoon.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:28 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Agreed it was a very average performance. We created next to nothing. Colchester completely shut down our best outlet so far this season in Mal Benning, who barely touched the ball during the whole game. Khan and morseo Butcher played too high meaning they were unable to come and collect the bell between the lines. Colchester defended the ‘10 zone’ very well. Everything seemed a bit laboured, balls getting caught under foot and passes too slow or behind each other. I think we missed Preston’s distribution, as well as Bishops, as MacDonalds was largely poor. He must’ve played the round the corner channel ball 10 times yesterday and it didn’t come off once.

I just got a bull bingo full house.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:52 am

bellwhiff wrote:

True. You’re renowned for being full of it, whiffy
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:50 am

bellwhiff wrote:

Have you been reading your own posts again?

Sorry if I used some terms that aren't from the Jurassic age, I'll draw you a diagram if you like.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum