{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Racist Abuse Aimed at Pearce Reported to Police and FA

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Racist Abuse Aimed at Pearce Reported to Police and FA

Postby ParisStag » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:41 pm

Beano wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:Let’s just wait and see what transpires, shall we?

Fancy a pint down the Winchester?

If we don't they'll tear us to pieces, and that is really going to exacerbate things for all of us.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:55 pm

Foxy wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Foxy wrote:I can't say whether I believe or disbelieve Pearce.

What makes you believe he is telling the truth? Because he had an amber shirt on at the time or something else?

Because of his reaction.

And you don't think St Krystian of Pearce has ever heard that before, and nor as a 6ft centre half has ever said anything off-hand to an opponent?

Being honest my guess - and that's all it can be unless you are either KP or FF- is that Forresteri has called him the N word- but there's more to it than something mumbled in Spanish.

Big Yella when you join the words "you" and "are" together it's spelt "you're" not "your". As in "your opinion isn't worth jack".

Oh by the way you've declined to answer about the Twitter message 3 times now. I think it's clear to anyone reading this who's the avoider.

And it isn't me cupcake.

What twitter message ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:12 pm

The one KP sent to his brother that was reposted to the mandem saying if you ever see Forresteri to visit violence upon his being.

The reply came in the affirmative that they would indeed "dump him on site"

The one that the club asked to be taken down from Twitter and was removed from here where it was posted up also.

That one.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:38 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Foxy wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

What makes you believe he is telling the truth? Because he had an amber shirt on at the time or something else?

Because of his reaction.

And you don't think St Krystian of Pearce has ever heard that before, and nor as a 6ft centre half has ever said anything off-hand to an opponent?

Being honest my guess - and that's all it can be unless you are either KP or FF- is that Forresteri has called him the N word- but there's more to it than something mumbled in Spanish.

Big Yella when you join the words "you" and "are" together it's spelt "you're" not "your". As in "your opinion isn't worth jack".

Oh by the way you've declined to answer about the Twitter message 3 times now. I think it's clear to anyone reading this who's the avoider.

And it isn't me cupcake.

What twitter message ?

Off hand?? This is one of the most foul abusive degrading words anyone can say to anyone, it wasn't "off-hand" it was racist and disgusting. Theres no excuse for it. What is it with folk taking this so lightly..

KP flipped out and was visibly incredibly upset... Yeah he's probably heard it before, but why does that matter? It doesn't mean its ok now, because he's heard it before.

We stand up with Pearce and back him. Theres no reason to question what he has said and if you do then you've got a problem of your own.

KICK IT OUT FOR GOOD.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:43 pm

Anyone who sees anything acceptable or tolerable in what KP is alleged to have been subjected to, is a moron.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:44 pm

Good post Sedgwick, well said.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:03 pm

How you've concoctoted me saying that "Krystian Pearce has never said anything off-hand" to where where you ended up is great.
Also actually hilarious how you're saying you could say anything as evil, nasty, or vindictive to another player but anyone mentions colour (if they did) and you're triggered beyond belief going full on Diane Abbot.

It must be the social engineering.

"No reason to question anything Pearce said". And whys that then Sedgewick?

Why are the FA bothering to investigate it at all then?

To think some of you are eligible for jury service.
Last edited by Foxy on Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:05 pm

Foxy wrote:How youv concoctoted me saying that "Krystian Pearce has never said anything off-hand" to where where you end d up is great.
Also actually hilarious how you're saying you could say anything as evil, nasty, or vindictive to another player but you anyone mentions colour and you're triggered beyond belief going full on Diane Abbot.

But tgen she's a moron as well.

"No reason to question anything Pearce said". And whys that then Sedgewick?

Why are the FA bothering to investigate it at all then?

To think some of you are eligible for jury service.

Christ youre a raspberry, support Pearce or get out.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:08 pm

Pahaha allrate duck if you say so. Get the kettle on.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Foxy wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Because of his reaction.

And it isn't me cupcake.

Maybe on this occasion the alleged abuse was far worse than Pearce had ever experienced.

Hopefully the FA will get to the bottom of it and those who (on either side ) acted inappropriately are punished accordingly.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:15 pm

You could be right Amber Andy, certainly a possibility.

The point is nobody knows do they?

if it was the other way around and it was an opposing player saying a Stags player had racially abused them then as if by magic some of the people on here would magically be changing their tunes I think. So let's try to have some balance.

All we can do is let the relevant people investigate it.

Fwiw I think both clubs will get a fine for failing to keep their players under control.

Then SAG will pile in and say any future games against teams from Yorkshire will have to be played at 9 o'clock Tuesday morning .
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:41 pm

Ref the tweet. Forestieri opened the violence door when he gubbed Butcher.

Want me to condemn the tweet for the threat ? Nope. I come from a violent culture. I’ve seen plenty of violence dished out that was deserved.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:54 pm

I have no doubt something was said or Kp thinks it was.

I think everyone will close ranks depending on the colour or their shirt and unless the ref or linesman or other independent heard anything this will be difficult to prove

As a minimum I think both clubs will face a charge with possible action against individuals depending in what the investigators have

Refs report will be critical me thinks!
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:45 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Ref the tweet. Forestieri opened the violence door when he gubbed Butcher.

Want me to condemn the tweet for the threat ? Nope. I come from a violent culture. I’ve seen plenty of violence dished out that was deserved.

That's fine if you believe that violence on the field in front of children is okay, that's your prerogative, however re: "Forresteri opened the door" your chronography is well out because Pearce wasn't even on the pitch when Forresteri hit Butcher.

Also it's stated that Butcher was offering FF his hand when was lamped in the mush starting the brawl.

Why would Butcher be offering him his hand to shake? Forresteri obviously knew what had happened between him and Pearce, but had Callum Butcher ?

CB's attempted handshake at the end of the game to me suggests not- and if so the KP incident and his are two seperate matters?
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:55 pm

As a side note it's doubtful that Forresteri used the N word that you're thinking of as Pearce said that he was gobbing off in Spanish. Pearce said it was like the "Suarez & Evra thing" (though Suarez was alleged to have used the diminutive version "negrito" )

He's much more likely to have said Negro.

Just a technicality like.. :roll:

(Off topic but interesting that Suarez was allowed to carry on playing for his country whereas John Terry was forced to retire after his long drawn out legal episode with Anton Ferdinand)
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:13 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/article ... YKC/racism

According to this link, if you think it is racism, it is.

That’s if you believe the BBC.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:21 am

That came as a result of the MacPherson report into the murder of Stephen Lawrence and was one of their recommendations.
It removes the excuse of not meaning a racist epithet to be taken as racist i.e. It was only banter

The definition of a "racist incident" will now include incidents categorised in policing terms both as crimes and non-crimes. It will now encompass "any incident which is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person". A new Code of Practice will record all such crimes.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:47 am

If Pearce hit/pushed Forresteri and there is no proof that the N word was used, Pearce could have a problem.

The clubs have more of a problem with the brawl
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foxy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:14 am

Another thing is Pearce said the Police were urging him to press charges- if he was so hurt and aggrieved why didn't he?

No instead he was urging vengeance on twitter ( itselff a criminal offence?)

Doesn't that seem a little bizarre?
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:46 am

Foxy wrote:Another thing is Pearce said the Police were urging him to press charges- if he was so hurt and aggrieved why didn't he?

The only bizarre thing is you trying to deflect the issue away from the alleged vile comments.

The actions of any of the parties post incident are irrelevant.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:33 am

Beano wrote:
Foxy wrote:Another thing is Pearce said the Police were urging him to press charges- if he was so hurt and aggrieved why didn't he?

The only bizarre thing is you trying to deflect the issue away from the alleged vile comments.

The actions of any of the parties post incident are irrelevant.

That’s because he’s a racist apologist. Tries to tie it all up in clever words but we all know he’s a nasty racist.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:14 am

Bore off Foxy. You’re a bellraspberry

Pearce sent that WhatsApp message within 60mins of full time, I presume you were there to see his reaction on the pitch and how angry his reaction was. Like he’d be calm down by then.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:27 am

I find it bizarre that a fan of our club wouldn't back a player of ours who is usually so calm and unassuming and hasn't given the club a minutes trouble in 3 years. Clearly something aggravated Pearce more than we've ever seen before. He might have heard racism before, but like most things in life, there's differing levels - who knows how bad it could have been?

Personally I trust the reactions of a lad we've seen over a hundred times.

I guess apologists for racism hold only loyalties to their 'own kind'.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:34 am

DoomMerchant wrote:I find it bizarre that a fan of our club wouldn't back a player of ours who is usually so calm and unassuming and hasn't given the club a minutes trouble in 3 years. Clearly something aggravated Pearce more than we've ever seen before. He might have heard racism before, but like most things in life, there's differing levels - who knows how bad it could have been?

That’s my view. From what I’ve heard, his reaction was as a result of an unusual trigger. Wolfie hasn’t changed his spots.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Stafford » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:35 am

DoomMerchant wrote:I find it bizarre that a fan of our club wouldn't back a player of ours who is usually so calm and unassuming and hasn't given the club a minutes trouble in 3 years. Clearly something aggravated Pearce more than we've ever seen before. He might have heard racism before, but like most things in life, there's differing levels - who knows how bad it could have been?

To be fair, you've only got to go back a year or two since this bigot said he wasn't going to follow Stags any more because of the number of black players that have played/are playing for us, so it's not entirely surprising he's once again outing himself as a racist.
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum