{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

ifollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: ifollow

Postby Steve » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:11 pm

Hooray back again.
User avatar
Steve
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: ifollow

Postby AndyStag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:15 pm

Can't even listen when abroad never mind watch. Terrible service. There was nothing with Stagsplayer. Got to rely on flashscores or sons Twitter now. It's going to be a long afternoon.
AndyStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: ifollow

Postby vicstag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Can anyone make this iFollow actually work!? I missed last week's game and I missing this one. Just go round in circles. Put details in, logs in. go to fixtures, listen live and then it tries to sell me passes. Press the free pass, which it accepts then just start all over again. Abolute rubblish!

My subs run until the end of the month and I won't be bothering to re-subscribe.

I've looked forward to this game all day and then this rubbish. Never had a problem with Stagsplayer.

Written to their online chat thing but no response.

Not happy at all...
vicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:45 pm

Re: ifollow

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:39 pm

vicstag wrote:Can anyone make this iFollow actually work!? I missed last week's game and I missing this one. Just go round in circles. Put details in, logs in. go to fixtures, listen live and then it tries to sell me passes. Press the free pass, which it accepts then just start all over again. Abolute rubblish!

My subs run until the end of the month and I won't be bothering to re-subscribe.

I've looked forward to this game all day and then this rubbish. Never had a problem with Stagsplayer.

Written to their online chat thing but no response.

Not happy at all...


Hi Vic

Try either the mobile app on your 'phone or the Chrome browser on your computer. Either seem to work for most people.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: ifollow

Postby AndyStag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:16 pm

Son Of Sherwood wrote:
vicstag wrote:Can anyone make this iFollow actually work!? I missed last week's game and I missing this one. Just go round in circles. Put details in, logs in. go to fixtures, listen live and then it tries to sell me passes. Press the free pass, which it accepts then just start all over again. Abolute rubblish!

My subs run until the end of the month and I won't be bothering to re-subscribe.

I've looked forward to this game all day and then this rubbish. Never had a problem with Stagsplayer.

Written to their online chat thing but no response.

Not happy at all...


Hi Vic

Try either the mobile app on your 'phone or the Chrome browser on your computer. Either seem to work for most people.


Doesn't solve the problem of not being able to listen when away on holiday though SOS. Not a problem before with Stagsplayer.
AndyStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: ifollow

Postby spanishstag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:20 pm

Mines not too bad get a bit of buffering ,but thats my internet ,but fibre optic will be here in a month
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: ifollow

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:20 pm

AndyStag wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:
vicstag wrote:Can anyone make this iFollow actually work!? I missed last week's game and I missing this one. Just go round in circles. Put details in, logs in. go to fixtures, listen live and then it tries to sell me passes. Press the free pass, which it accepts then just start all over again. Abolute rubblish!

My subs run until the end of the month and I won't be bothering to re-subscribe.

I've looked forward to this game all day and then this rubbish. Never had a problem with Stagsplayer.

Written to their online chat thing but no response.

Not happy at all...


Hi Vic

Try either the mobile app on your 'phone or the Chrome browser on your computer. Either seem to work for most people.


Doesn't solve the problem of not being able to listen when away on holiday though SOS. Not a problem before with Stagsplayer.


Agreed. I thought I was going to be ok listening whilst on holiday next month in Greece. Doesn't sound promising at all Andy
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: ifollow

Postby AndyStag » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:29 pm

It's not SOS. In Portugal now and no luck. Need a billing address for payment in the country you are in. Annoyed to say the least. EFL( another bloody stupid marketing idea what was wrong with the football league?) Just looking at more commercial angles rather than looking after the fans again. Now back to the pool bar!!!
AndyStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: ifollow

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:32 pm

AndyStag wrote:It's not SOS. In Portugal now and no luck. Need a billing address for payment in the country you are in. Annoyed to say the least. EFL( another bloody stupid marketing idea what was wrong with the football league?) Just looking at more commercial angles rather than looking after the fans again. Now back to the pool bar!!!



DON'T GO ANDY......................................... IT'S 2 - 0


Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: ifollow

Postby bex » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:03 pm

I still say...IFollow aint a patch on last years (And previous) years efforts

1- You cant log into other clubs sites
2-It does'nt give much pre-match build up
3-The times i've listened to it,it cuts in late to the 2nd half(Fact)
4- Back to 1 'cos its a major Shift to Capitalism,pls ,if was acceptable last year(and worthwhile)why make it so Centric now.....Gonna cancel soon as value for money has really gone down with this new concept and ethos
"Played a 1 2 with the 'keeper and got an easy slot in" Paul Anderson 12/08/2017
User avatar
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: The right side o the M1

Re: ifollow

Postby AndyStag » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:59 am

Son Of Sherwood wrote:
AndyStag wrote:It's not SOS. In Portugal now and no luck. Need a billing address for payment in the country you are in. Annoyed to say the least. EFL( another bloody stupid marketing idea what was wrong with the football league?) Just looking at more commercial angles rather than looking after the fans again. Now back to the pool bar!!!



DON'T GO ANDY......................................... IT'S 2 - 0




Wish I had stayed at the bar. Ended up getting info via son's Twitter and texts from friends/family at the match. Absolute agony. Text 95 mins "we've got a penalty" 96 mins "missed". Gutted.
Anyway, in my frustration I have emailed the EFL about their "service". Don't expect anything other than a standard wishy washy reply.
AndyStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: ifollow

Postby spanishstag » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:13 am

You do not need a billing adress in the country you are watching in i gave my lloyds uk bank details when i subscribed ,and i had no problems
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: ifollow

Postby spanishstag » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:18 am

Dont know if its any help to anyone but when i contacted them it replied to go to the match centre to watch or listen ,not through the fixtures
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: ifollow

Postby AndyStag » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:27 am

spanishstag wrote:Dont know if its any help to anyone but when i contacted them it replied to go to the match centre to watch or listen ,not through the fixtures

I tried all ways yesterday with no joy. Are you resident in Spain? If so your package will be different to a UK resident. Payment looked like it may have been ok on UK credit card but needed foreign home address.
AndyStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: ifollow

Postby spanishstag » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:04 pm

Yes i am a resident in spain ,mind you mine started buffering badly for the last 10 minutes so i was as shocked as most when it finished 2 all and that we had missed a penalty
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: ifollow

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:57 pm

if you are an iFollow subscriber and are out of the country and unable to access iFollow, and you want to see my extended highlights of yesterday's game, or indeed the Accrington game if you've been away for a couple of weeks, drop me a note and I will send them to you. Meanwhile Mark will be contacting iFollow about the issue of struggling to log in properly when you are outside the UK.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14707
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: ifollow

Postby OllertonStag » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:16 pm

In case anybody has this particular problem.....
I had many problems with iFollow, the main one being logging in on my computer (i have a full season pass) to listen to a live game and being asked to subscribe again!!!!
Now iFollow's FAQ state..........Question....I am logged in elsewhere, but want to follow the audio commentary on another device. Is this possible?

Answer.....Yes. The system will automatically stop playback on any other devices and the most recent log in will take precedent.

This is not true (at present anyway)......I had to go into the settings on my android app and logout to allow me to listen on my computer.
The advice from iFollow themselves is to logout of all devices, login on your chosen device to listen etc, then logout after you have finished.
Not had a problem since on either Chrome, Firefox or IE.

Hope this helps.
OllertonStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Ollerton

Re: ifollow

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:16 pm

It's very bamboozling to those who haven't a degree in computer technology.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16086
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: ifollow

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:18 pm

Got the EFL 'phone number today from MTFC (02078 264577 for the record) as in two weeks time I shall be in Greece for two weeks holiday and, with what Andy and others have said, I wanted some clarity.

Major points raised....

1. Nothing you have paid for in the UK will qualify you for anything outside UK waters.

2. Whilst abroad, a match pass and season pass will be able to be purchased (6 euro's per game / 130 euro's for the season) but ONLY IF YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT CARD (AND AN ACCOUNT ADDRESS FOR THE CARD) REGISTERED IN THE COUNTRY YOU ARE CURRENTLY WISHING TO WATCH THE GAME FROM!

I asked if they realized how ridiculous it was to expect a holidaymaker to have a residential address, let alone a registered bank account, in the resort they were staying in, to which I received the reply "It's something we are looking into". I made a point of saying that the time for looking into it might well have been better done prior to launching this half baked service. Not to mention paying money for a service you are not getting just because you're outside the UK.

So, as there is no option to use PayPal to pay, outside the UK, I'm left to see if the hotel will let me use their card and residential address to pay for a couple of match passes during my stay which will probably be ok as I go to the same place every year but, really, should I have to? Then he tells me I can't do this purchase on the 'phone or iPad as there's no subscription screen, it has to be done via a web browser. Oh and then, apparently, I have to remember to reset my home address and bank details when I get back home.

There's no point contacting MTFC as they have no control whatsoever with how iFollow operate.

Am I getting a bit precious here or is it really a proper dog's breakfast?
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: ifollow

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:28 pm

Have you tried using a VPN connection on holiday to connect back to the UK and fool it into thinking your using a UK IP address? Then try to log in?

Can download from Google play or Apple store, some are free.

Hope this helps.

I want to further add that I used stags player whilst in the US earlier this year and that was fantastic, even listening to the game v Donny Rovers whilst at Sea world, I haven't renewed with Ifollow and by the sounds of it the product on offer is a poor replacement which is extremely disappointing given the quality of last season.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: ifollow

Postby wayno cordiniho » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:46 pm

VPN is the way forwards, I used it with a UK payment card via PayPal too. I watched the Crewe game for £5, no commentary on the video but decent quality and no buffering.
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 739
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:55 pm

Re: ifollow

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:04 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Have you tried using a VPN connection on holiday to connect back to the UK and fool it into thinking your using a UK IP address? Then try to log in?

Can download from Google play or Apple store, some are free.

Hope this helps.

I want to further add that I used stags player whilst in the US earlier this year and that was fantastic, even listening to the game v Donny Rovers whilst at Sea world, I haven't renewed with Ifollow and by the sounds of it the product on offer is a poor replacement which is extremely disappointing given the quality of last season.



wayno cordiniho wrote:VPN is the way forwards, I used it with a UK payment card via PayPal too. I watched the Crewe game for £5, no commentary on the video but decent quality and no buffering.


Thanks for the advice guys. Will give it a try when I get to Greece :D
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: ifollow

Postby Foxy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:44 pm

it still doesnt work with Mozilla

thats my whinge for the day
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4491
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: ifollow

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:54 pm

When can you watch the full games again? Sunday afternoon?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3054
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: ifollow

Postby Forever Optimistic » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:16 pm

Seriously thinking of cancelling it. Got a monthly pass since the player days. Use the app on mobile, chrome on mobile, app on tablet, chrome on tablet, chrome on macbook (obviously logging out of each first). Not one device got me more than 2 mins of commo Saturday before I was booted off saying logged into another device, when I know I wasn't. Checked devices on account, removed all of them, tried again, same. Absolutely shocking for a paid for service. Bring back Player
Something tells me we're into something good
User avatar
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:48 am

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1951stagsfan, Admiral Sook, avacta, gazza1988, HitchcocksShins, James, Sandy Pate Best Stag and 16 guests