{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Macclesfield Players Strike.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby Kernow » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:51 pm

First teamers went on strike Sunday. Youth teamers and loanees lost 0-4 to Kingstonian. Next week should be interesting.
Kernow
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3976
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:05 pm
Location: Forest Town

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby The One » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Keep up
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10544
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby Kernow » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:56 pm

??
Kernow
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3976
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:05 pm
Location: Forest Town

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Kernow wrote:??



Already being discussed on booed off at half time thread. Sympathies that wasn't explained well.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby ST4GS » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:52 pm

Kernow wrote:First teamers went on strike Sunday. Youth teamers and loanees lost 0-4 to Kingstonian. Next week should be interesting.

It will be easiest game of the season if Macc play the same team. Expect another 6 as per Olfham game assuming Dempster does not get frightened off.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
User avatar
ST4GS
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby sunray » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:34 pm

If Macclesfield youth team play as well as Corby we could easily loss 1 - 0.

If we go one up JD will go 100% defence because his job will be on the line if he losses or draws to a youth team. Bet if it's the youth team he will put CJ and Mellis in the starting team so he can make a meaningless point.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't brought my away ticket already. Win and it's a hollow victory. Draw or loss and our club will have a month(s) of uncertainity.

Whatever the youth team will get the biggest cheer at the end of the game if they come over.
sunray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:45 pm

sunray wrote:If Macclesfield youth team play as well as Corby we could easily loss 1 - 0.

If we go one up JD will go 100% defence because his job will be on the line if he losses or draws to a youth team. Bet if it's the youth team he will put CJ and Mellis in the starting team so he can make a meaningless point.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't brought my away ticket already. Win and it's a hollow victory. Draw or loss and our club will have a month(s) of uncertainity.

Whatever the youth team will get the biggest cheer at the end of the game if they come over.


Corby?
true fans don’t abandon their club when things don’t go well
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7657
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby sunray » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Try Chorley. I've no idea who we were playing.

Unfortuneately it would probably have been the same result had we have been playing Corby Town Football Club from the Southern League Division
sunray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:08 pm

sunray wrote:If Macclesfield youth team play as well as Corby we could easily loss 1 - 0.

If we go one up JD will go 100% defence because his job will be on the line if he losses or draws to a youth team. Bet if it's the youth team he will put CJ and Mellis in the starting team so he can make a meaningless point.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't brought my away ticket already. Win and it's a hollow victory. Draw or loss and our club will have a month(s) of uncertainity.

Whatever the youth team will get the biggest cheer at the end of the game if they come over.


As matters stand I would take the youth team, an easy win and three points. They could be very valuable at the end of the season. At which end of the table it’s difficult to predict
NorthLondonStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 8:46 pm

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby NG17_stag » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:15 pm

Can’t wait to beat their youth team 1-0 and for Dempster to rave about the clean sheet and what they can do away from home without the fans on their back.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:58 pm

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:22 am

Do they have any decent players we could poach?

Is Jay Harris there or Morcambe? I always thought he was a battler in the Jamie McGuire/Bishop mould.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:27 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Do they have any decent players we could poach?

Is Jay Harris there or Morcambe? I always thought he was a battler in the Jamie McGuire/Bishop mould.

What, not another defensive midfielder shirley.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20065
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:29 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Do they have any decent players we could poach?

Is Jay Harris there or Morcambe? I always thought he was a battler in the Jamie McGuire/Bishop mould.

What, not another defensive midfielder shirley.


I was thinking about taking some of the load off Bish and letting the old man rest up on the odd occasion. Half a game each would be just about right.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:37 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Do they have any decent players we could poach?

Is Jay Harris there or Morcambe? I always thought he was a battler in the Jamie McGuire/Bishop mould.

What, not another defensive midfielder shirley.


I was thinking about taking some of the load off Bish and letting the old man rest up on the odd occasion. Half a game each would be just about right.


Like your thinking but Baby Bish can do that. We have a greater need for a creative attacking midfielder.
Chrisuknottm
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 pm

Source: BBC Sport

Macclesfield Town: 'Uninsured' striking players advised not to play or train

Macclesfield Town players have been advised not to play or train because they are currently not insured.
The advisory follows the first-team players' decision to strike and withhold their services for Sunday's FA Cup defeat by Kingstonian.
That game, which the club covered by fielding youth team players and loanees, was lost 4-0 at Moss Rose.
Players have refused to play as they wait to receive unpaid wages from the League Two club.
Shrewsbury Town are the Silkmen's scheduled hosts in a North Group D EFL Trophy game on Wednesday.
Wages were paid two weeks late in September, after employees throughout the club were forced to appeal to the English Football League for help.
October's wages were also delayed, prompting the playing staff to withdraw from training and fixtures.
There has been interest in buying the club from businessman Joe Sealey, the son of the late former Manchester United goalkeeper Les.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby west country stag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:15 am

Son Of Sherwood wrote:Source: BBC Sport

Macclesfield Town: 'Uninsured' striking players advised not to play or train

Macclesfield Town players have been advised not to play or train because they are currently not insured.
The advisory follows the first-team players' decision to strike and withhold their services for Sunday's FA Cup defeat by Kingstonian.
That game, which the club covered by fielding youth team players and loanees, was lost 4-0 at Moss Rose.
Players have refused to play as they wait to receive unpaid wages from the League Two club.
Shrewsbury Town are the Silkmen's scheduled hosts in a North Group D EFL Trophy game on Wednesday.
Wages were paid two weeks late in September, after employees throughout the club were forced to appeal to the English Football League for help.
October's wages were also delayed, prompting the playing staff to withdraw from training and fixtures.
There has been interest in buying the club from businessman Joe Sealey, the son of the late former Manchester United goalkeeper Les.


Does this mean our match on Saturday would be in doubt ?
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
User avatar
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1122
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:32 am
Location: Penzance , Cornwall

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:47 am

west country stag wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:Source: BBC Sport

Macclesfield Town: 'Uninsured' striking players advised not to play or train

Macclesfield Town players have been advised not to play or train because they are currently not insured.
The advisory follows the first-team players' decision to strike and withhold their services for Sunday's FA Cup defeat by Kingstonian.
That game, which the club covered by fielding youth team players and loanees, was lost 4-0 at Moss Rose.
Players have refused to play as they wait to receive unpaid wages from the League Two club.
Shrewsbury Town are the Silkmen's scheduled hosts in a North Group D EFL Trophy game on Wednesday.
Wages were paid two weeks late in September, after employees throughout the club were forced to appeal to the English Football League for help.
October's wages were also delayed, prompting the playing staff to withdraw from training and fixtures.
There has been interest in buying the club from businessman Joe Sealey, the son of the late former Manchester United goalkeeper Les.


Does this mean our match on Saturday would be in doubt ?


Don’t think so, they’ll play the YT I would imagine
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3377
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby DazMondo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:54 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
west country stag wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:Source: BBC Sport

Macclesfield Town: 'Uninsured' striking players advised not to play or train

Macclesfield Town players have been advised not to play or train because they are currently not insured.
The advisory follows the first-team players' decision to strike and withhold their services for Sunday's FA Cup defeat by Kingstonian.
That game, which the club covered by fielding youth team players and loanees, was lost 4-0 at Moss Rose.
Players have refused to play as they wait to receive unpaid wages from the League Two club.
Shrewsbury Town are the Silkmen's scheduled hosts in a North Group D EFL Trophy game on Wednesday.
Wages were paid two weeks late in September, after employees throughout the club were forced to appeal to the English Football League for help.
October's wages were also delayed, prompting the playing staff to withdraw from training and fixtures.
There has been interest in buying the club from businessman Joe Sealey, the son of the late former Manchester United goalkeeper Les.


Does this mean our match on Saturday would be in doubt ?


Don’t think so, they’ll play the YT I would imagine


If they are uninsured, surely that means none of Macclesfields players can play, first, reserve and youth team players.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:09 pm

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby part time pete » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:23 am

Surely, Macclesfield have just got to say they have three international call offs and get the game postponed.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5997
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby wardy12345 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:26 pm

On the bbc it says their striking players are uninsured and can not train or play any idea why that is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50383149
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 8:27 am

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby The One » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:04 pm

wardy12345 wrote:On the bbc it says their striking players are uninsured and can not train or play any idea why that is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50383149


Read the thread. They are not insured.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10544
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Dam it Bet365 have taken our Mac game off the site, perhaps a blessing lol
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:16 pm

Just watch. We will tonk Macclesfield. Their club will collapse. All results will be expunged.
true fans don’t abandon their club when things don’t go well
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7657
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:06 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Just watch. We will tonk Macclesfield. Their club will collapse. All results will be expunged.


To"tonk" them you have to venture forward :roll:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6176
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: Macclesfield Players Strike.

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:09 pm

with our crab like midfield passing more likely give them a crick neck
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cleveland_Stag, derbstag, jacob, Minky123, MTFCMusings, richardstag and 15 guests