{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster post match & BBC highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Dempster post match & BBC highlights

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:51 pm

That's all she wrote...

Last edited by Son Of Sherwood on Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: Dempster post match

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:54 pm

not even interested when drab words comes out his mouth tonight, heard it all so so many times before i’m sorry John i’m not bothered
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Dempster post match

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Said Chorley were only in it for about 60mins
They were in it for 94 and if it wasn’t for Logan again would have at least have got a well deserved replay
yellowstagsfan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:01 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Dempster post match

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:00 pm

Pretty short interview full of nothing.

Wasn't Stevo even allowed to ask his usual banal sycophantic questions?

"Why was there no penetration"

"Why did you leave Macca on for so long?"

"When things were clearly awful for the first 60 minutes why did you take so long to make any substitutions
?"

"When the game was crying out for Mellis why was he the third of three subs"

"Chorley didnt come to absolutely defend. ...why did we make such hard work of getting through them? "
Chrisuknottm
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Re: Dempster post match

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:05 pm

I could kinda understand Mellis, he had a recent injury. Having said that Danny had a worse one and came back early and got more minutes.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5785
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Dempster post match

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:06 pm

I’m in the “keep changing the manager is dumb” corner.

However Mr Dempster has completely lost the fans (and possibly some of the squad).

Regrettably, he should be replaced.
true fans don’t abandon their club when things don’t go well
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7657
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Dempster post match

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:08 pm

gazza1988 wrote:I could kinda understand Mellis, he had a recent injury. Having said that Danny had a worse one and came back early and got more minutes.


Agree to some extent Gazza but Mellis could have stood still in a five metre spot in the middle of the field and sprayed it around better than the other 10 put together
Chrisuknottm
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Re: Dempster post match

Postby WVStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:10 pm

gazza1988 wrote:I could kinda understand Mellis, he had a recent injury. Having said that Danny had a worse one and came back early and got more minutes.


He doesn’t like Mellis. There’s no other explanation. He explained Mellis had been ill so he only trained Thursday & Friday, so he ‘had to take that into account’ when choosing who would replace Shaughnessy. At all levels of professional football, the best players are played when fit.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:27 pm

Re: Dempster post match

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:15 pm

He’s out of his depth.

I feel for him. He was put in the position and couldn’t really say no. It’s not working and everyone knows it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7137
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: Dempster post match

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:22 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’m in the “keep changing the manager is dumb” corner.

However Mr Dempster has completely lost the fans (and possibly some of the squad).

Regrettably, he should be replaced.

The comfort blanket of only one going down may extend the experiment until the end of the season.

I suppose JR needs to figure out the equation of money lost in gate receipts v paying off two management teams ( the current and previous one ).
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:38 am

Re: Dempster post match

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:23 pm

adamstag wrote:He’s out of his depth.

I feel for him. He was put in the position and couldn’t really say no. It’s not working and everyone knows it.

Why couldn't he say no ? The tragedy was that there was a vacancy in the first place.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:38 am

Re: Dempster post match

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:29 pm

Personally I'd be having Shaughnessy and Mellis as starters and that'd be my preferred duo, until January. Just don't get them to sit back and defend every time.

Also start CJ on the right wing, he's miles better than MacDonald who is supposedly a winger.

Please Demps stop parking the bus from the 1st kick of the game. We are clearly working on not conceding we can't shoot for toffee, we barely create anything. Yes, if we don't concede we can't lose. Equally we don't attack we can't score and can't win either.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5785
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Dempster post match

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:32 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’m in the “keep changing the manager is dumb” corner.

However Mr Dempster has completely lost the fans (and possibly some of the squad).

Regrettably, he should be replaced.


The ‘can’t keep changing the manager’ argument shouldn’t even be part of the equation, it’s nonsense.

Evans left on his own accord, we sacked Flitcroft (rightly or wrongly) after we blew it big style twice. Both of them had plenty of time in their roles, it’s not like we’ve been getting rid every 3 months. But most importantly the only thing that should matter is whether the Manager is actually any good. You can’t keep somebody who clearly isn’t good enough in a job because ‘we can’t keep changing manager’. As you say, he’s lost the majority of the fans and 99% of the time when this happens the manager never goes on to be successful at that club.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:21 am

Re: Dempster post match

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:57 pm

Can we not move Dempster back to the youth team and bring in a manager it might be a few years to soon for him to be a manager
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 8:27 am

Re: Dempster post match

Postby WVStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:03 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’m in the “keep changing the manager is dumb” corner.

However Mr Dempster has completely lost the fans (and possibly some of the squad).

Regrettably, he should be replaced.


The ‘can’t keep changing the manager’ argument shouldn’t even be part of the equation, it’s nonsense.

Evans left on his own accord, we sacked Flitcroft (rightly or wrongly) after we blew it big style twice. Both of them had plenty of time in their roles, it’s not like we’ve been getting rid every 3 months. But most importantly the only thing that should matter is whether the Manager is actually any good. You can’t keep somebody who clearly isn’t good enough in a job because ‘we can’t keep changing manager’. As you say, he’s lost the majority of the fans and 99% of the time when this happens the manager never goes on to be successful at that club.


Spot on.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:27 pm

Re: Dempster post match & BBC highlights

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:41 pm

Enjoy...

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: Dempster post match & BBC highlights

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:11 pm

God, we look laborious. The midfield is below average. It supports neither the attack or defence.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2993
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Re: Dempster post match & BBC highlights

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:12 pm

Son Of Sherwood wrote:Enjoy...



Enjoy? I didn’t really first time round and nothing changed when watching the highlights.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:56 am

Re: Dempster post match

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:52 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’m in the “keep changing the manager is dumb” corner.

However Mr Dempster has completely lost the fans (and possibly some of the squad).

Regrettably, he should be replaced.


The ‘can’t keep changing the manager’ argument shouldn’t even be part of the equation, it’s nonsense.

Evans left on his own accord, we sacked Flitcroft (rightly or wrongly) after we blew it big style twice. Both of them had plenty of time in their roles, it’s not like we’ve been getting rid every 3 months. But most importantly the only thing that should matter is whether the Manager is actually any good. You can’t keep somebody who clearly isn’t good enough in a job because ‘we can’t keep changing manager’. As you say, he’s lost the majority of the fans and 99% of the time when this happens the manager never goes on to be successful at that club.


Totally agree with these comments! Keeping someone in a position because we can’t keep changing managers is also irresponsible. Last weeks game sealed it for me. The guys out of his depth, listening to him on Mansfield radio last night just confirmed it even more. The Radfords are delusional if they if think he’s going to get us promoted.
No Breaks Allowed
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: Dempster post match & BBC highlights

Postby Sneag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:54 pm

Can't believe they managed to wring 2.20 of highlights out of that.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8114
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Dempster post match

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:18 pm

WVStag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I could kinda understand Mellis, he had a recent injury. Having said that Danny had a worse one and came back early and got more minutes.


He doesn’t like Mellis. There’s no other explanation. He explained Mellis had been ill so he only trained Thursday & Friday, so he ‘had to take that into account’ when choosing who would replace Shaughnessy. At all levels of professional football, the best players are played when fit.


During the phone in yesterday I believe he said that the Donahue and Mellis incident still makes his blood boil every time he thinks about it. That is still the reason he's not involved IMO.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5241
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Dempster post match & BBC highlights

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:21 pm

What was their keeper doing for the goal :lol: talk about gift wrapped and it's not even December. Did he have a bet on 1-0 Mansfield?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5241
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Dempster post match

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:45 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
adamstag wrote:He’s out of his depth.

I feel for him. He was put in the position and couldn’t really say no. It’s not working and everyone knows it.

Why couldn't he say no ? The tragedy was that there was a vacancy in the first place.


Come on Andy, I think we all know if we were in JD’s position in the YT you’d give it a go.

A team/squad that came so close to promotion, best back line in the division etc. You’d 100% give it a go, there wouldn’t be a better chance for him.
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3377
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Dempster post match

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:51 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
WVStag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I could kinda understand Mellis, he had a recent injury. Having said that Danny had a worse one and came back early and got more minutes.


He doesn’t like Mellis. There’s no other explanation. He explained Mellis had been ill so he only trained Thursday & Friday, so he ‘had to take that into account’ when choosing who would replace Shaughnessy. At all levels of professional football, the best players are played when fit.


During the phone in yesterday I believe he said that the Donahue and Mellis incident still makes his blood boil every time he thinks about it. That is still the reason he's not involved IMO.


Makes sense... JD probably knew the lad that was attacked from the youth team so perhaps has stronger lingering feelings about it. Doesn't make his treatment of Mellis right. This should be delt with and move on. If he cant then thats his problem to sort out. Hes letting his emotions effect things too much. Sack him or back him. Simple.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4849
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Dempster post match & BBC highlights

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:55 am

Option A ) play them off the park with your skills
Option B) try and pinch a goal when they’re tired .
Option C) if you succeed in option B park the bus , my jobs at risk here .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
User avatar
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:51 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cleveland_Stag, derbstag, jacob, Minky123, richardstag and 15 guests