{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:29 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
The One wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We also need to watch out for Crawley counter attacks as they top the league for counter attacks ending with a shot on goal

Most counter attacks with a shot in League 2

18 - Crawley
15 - Northampton
15 - Colchester
12 - Swindon
11 - Oldham
10 - Newport
10 - Macclesfield
10 - Salford
10 - Port Vale
10 - Carlisle


Where are we on the list?........oh wait


We’re 3rd in the table of ‘long balls per game’

We’re 3rd bottom in the ‘short passes per game’ table.

Source: Whoscored.com

Think this confirms what our style of play is (if we didn’t already know!)


We will have climbed this 'long ball' league table by the fact that we play 5 defenders camped.out on the edge of the 18yd box, followed by a bank of 4 defensive midfielders 5yds in front of them, and a lonesome Danny Rose 45yds upfield. This happens time and time again under Dempster.

It's not quick, fluid, direct football like it was under Evans at times, and it's not playing the channels and through balls that Coxy thrived on, it's nervous, aimless and thoughtless.

Lincoln were not a 'lump it and see what happens' sort of team they are branded to be, like Cox was at the end (in particular that Nob Reilly). they were a strong quick and direct team, but could also knock it about a bit.

Oh to have an effective plan and some attacking spunk...
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3664
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby bigalstag » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:46 pm

Arsene, this is Dempster's only plan. It was excruciating to watch on Saturday, and will continue to be, until he is asked to leave. It's negative and ugly, far worse than anything Cox put out,because he never had the quality of player we have now.
You watch that on Saturday, and the idea that some fans have, that we will be challenging the top 3, is frankly laughable
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby The One » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:54 pm

bigalstag wrote:Arsene, this is Dempster's only plan. It was excruciating to watch on Saturday, and will continue to be, until he is asked to leave. It's negative and ugly, far worse than anything Cox put out,because he never had the quality of player we have now.
You watch that on Saturday, and the idea that some fans have, that we will be challenging the top 3, is frankly laughable


You can addle my brain with stats etc and previous years form, why have the conversation ? JD is not the man for the job. Rookie ex players do not work out, Murray failed JD will fail. Papering over cracks solves nowt.
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10317
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby chip63 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:51 am

Some stats came out tonight about the England team and more games were won 4-4-2 than 3 at the back.
We are division 4 the lowest league we have, I don't know what some of us are expecting or wanting.
Our squad are with us for a reason, some for money some to improve and move on.
At the moment I only see rose and shaughnesy wanting to move on and do better.
Last year I thought it was walker and CJ..
chip63
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby WVStag » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:37 am

Anyway, tomorrow...

Nothing less than a win will do. I don't care if we're away from home or whatever, we have to win. It was said before last Saturday that JD needs a run of wins if he is to turn this ship around and to keep his job. Anything less and it should be curtains.
WVStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:27 am

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby steiner » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:56 am

The One wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Arsene, this is Dempster's only plan. It was excruciating to watch on Saturday, and will continue to be, until he is asked to leave. It's negative and ugly, far worse than anything Cox put out,because he never had the quality of player we have now.
You watch that on Saturday, and the idea that some fans have, that we will be challenging the top 3, is frankly laughable


You can addle my brain with stats etc and previous years form, why have the conversation ? JD is not the man for the job. Rookie ex players do not work out, Murray failed JD will fail. Papering over cracks solves nowt.

george foster won promotion as stags manager.
User avatar
steiner
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:58 am

The One wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Arsene, this is Dempster's only plan. It was excruciating to watch on Saturday, and will continue to be, until he is asked to leave. It's negative and ugly, far worse than anything Cox put out,because he never had the quality of player we have now.
You watch that on Saturday, and the idea that some fans have, that we will be challenging the top 3, is frankly laughable


You can addle my brain with stats etc and previous years form, why have the conversation ? JD is not the man for the job. Rookie ex players do not work out, Murray failed JD will fail. Papering over cracks solves nowt.


Apart from Ryan Lowe.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4838
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:08 pm

steiner wrote:george foster won promotion as stags manager.


....after getting us relegated first :shock: :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5817
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby NorthLondonStag » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:25 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
The One wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Arsene, this is Dempster's only plan. It was excruciating to watch on Saturday, and will continue to be, until he is asked to leave. It's negative and ugly, far worse than anything Cox put out,because he never had the quality of player we have now.
You watch that on Saturday, and the idea that some fans have, that we will be challenging the top 3, is frankly laughable


You can addle my brain with stats etc and previous years form, why have the conversation ? JD is not the man for the job. Rookie ex players do not work out, Murray failed JD will fail. Papering over cracks solves nowt.


Apart from Ryan Lowe.


Kenny Dalglish (former player, never managed a first team).

On this analysis no former player would ever become a decent manager when in fact the majority of managers are former players.
NorthLondonStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 pm

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby yorkstag » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:33 pm

By definition all Managers are rookies at some stage. It’s worth noting that two of our most successful managers were rookies - peter Morris and Dave Smith.

What I find most disappointing is the willingness to destroy Managers and players with comments they dare not repeat face to face. See Conrad thread.

All Managers at this level who achieve success eventually fail ( or most do)

Give Demps a chance and all will be well - and if it’s not JR will sort and you can then destroy the next man

COYS
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby Jimstag » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:09 pm

On Dempster, it’s not like we rushed him through like we did Murray. He’s had several years with the youth team and time to develop his own reputation and way of playing which I was led to believe was good. Now I’m seeing it first hand it looks a little directionless although I like that he’s been pretty decisive on substitutions. At this he’ll either learn quick or fail, Scunthorpe wasn’t the greatest but it’s 3 points.

Now on to Saturday, Crawley looks a tough place to go this season. My head says 1-1 but my heart says we can nick a 1-2 win.
Jimstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:20 pm

yorkstag wrote:By definition all Managers are rookies at some stage. It’s worth noting that two of our most successful managers were rookies - peter Morris and Dave Smith.

What I find most disappointing is the willingness to destroy Managers and players with comments they dare not repeat face to face. See Conrad thread.

All Managers at this level who achieve success eventually fail ( or most do)

Give Demps a chance and all will be well - and if it’s not JR will sort and you can then destroy the next man

COYS


Missed the point. It's not that he's a rookie. Everyone has to start somewhere, agreed. It's that we've gone backwards very quickly. We've got a weapon grade attack for this league but no flipping ammunition for them.

The manager doesn't seem capable of delivering promotion, one of the reasons for this is his lack of experience in being successful.

successful football isn't esoteric. There is more than one approach to the game that breeds success; being direct, passing game or counter attacking, set pieces etc... The point is Dempster has not demonstrated that he has a plan. The reason for this could be that he is a rookie, but that is secondary.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3664
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby Sneag » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:59 pm

The One wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Arsene, this is Dempster's only plan. It was excruciating to watch on Saturday, and will continue to be, until he is asked to leave. It's negative and ugly, far worse than anything Cox put out,because he never had the quality of player we have now.
You watch that on Saturday, and the idea that some fans have, that we will be challenging the top 3, is frankly laughable


You can addle my brain with stats etc and previous years form, why have the conversation ? JD is not the man for the job. Rookie ex players do not work out, Murray failed JD will fail. Papering over cracks solves nowt.


Peter Morris worked.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7896
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:31 pm

Fgs give Dempster a fair chance. Half a dozen games is ridiculous. How can any newbie manager work miracles in just a few games. I’m prepared to stick with him and see come promotion or not, I’ve been used to it since I started watching the Stags in the 80s. As someone said, if you want entertainment you don’t watch Mansfield, we go because it’s in our blood. I think he might come good and I will never call for his head like some. We’re all in this together. I’d still rather have JD than Evans!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2883
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:55 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Fgs give Dempster a fair chance. Half a dozen games is ridiculous. How can any newbie manager work miracles in just a few games. I’m prepared to stick with him and see come promotion or not, I’ve been used to it since I started watching the Stags in the 80s. As someone said, if you want entertainment you don’t watch Mansfield, we go because it’s in our blood. I think he might come good and I will never call for his head like some. We’re all in this together. I’d still rather have JD than Evans!!!


To say you would ‘never call for his head’ is just completely bizarre.

Also this squad didn’t need a manager to come in and work miracles to try and get results against the likes of Morecambe, Leyton Orient, an Stevenage. It’s a good squad of players that should be delivering more - We have to up it now off the back of 3 points.
BH_Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby The One » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:05 pm

Sneag wrote:
The One wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Arsene, this is Dempster's only plan. It was excruciating to watch on Saturday, and will continue to be, until he is asked to leave. It's negative and ugly, far worse than anything Cox put out,because he never had the quality of player we have now.
You watch that on Saturday, and the idea that some fans have, that we will be challenging the top 3, is frankly laughable


You can addle my brain with stats etc and previous years form, why have the conversation ? JD is not the man for the job. Rookie ex players do not work out, Murray failed JD will fail. Papering over cracks solves nowt.


Peter Morris worked.


With Smths side
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10317
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby Sneag » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:21 pm

The One wrote:
Sneag wrote:
The One wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Arsene, this is Dempster's only plan. It was excruciating to watch on Saturday, and will continue to be, until he is asked to leave. It's negative and ugly, far worse than anything Cox put out,because he never had the quality of player we have now.
You watch that on Saturday, and the idea that some fans have, that we will be challenging the top 3, is frankly laughable


You can addle my brain with stats etc and previous years form, why have the conversation ? JD is not the man for the job. Rookie ex players do not work out, Murray failed JD will fail. Papering over cracks solves nowt.


Peter Morris worked.


With Smths side


Minus Ray Clarke. ;)
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7896
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:25 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Fgs give Dempster a fair chance. Half a dozen games is ridiculous. How can any newbie manager work miracles in just a few games. I’m prepared to stick with him and see come promotion or not, I’ve been used to it since I started watching the Stags in the 80s. As someone said, if you want entertainment you don’t watch Mansfield, we go because it’s in our blood. I think he might come good and I will never call for his head like some. We’re all in this together. I’d still rather have JD than Evans!!!


To say you would ‘never call for his head’ is just completely bizarre.

Also this squad didn’t need a manager to come in and work miracles to try and get results against the likes of Morecambe, Leyton Orient, an Stevenage. It’s a good squad of players that should be delivering more - We have to up it now off the back of 3 points.

Why bizarre? I will stick by him. JR is the owner and whatever decision he makes, he must have a reason and I will stick by that too. I remember the stick George Foster had to endure for all he did for the club. If they’ve served the club well I will stand by them, if they’re money grabbing journeyman managers like Evans I couldn’t care too much either way. Dempster has served us well and I think he deserves a good crack at it, over the course of a full season.
As you say it’s a very good squad of players, probably a top 3 or 4 squad so shouldn’t they take some responsibility too? I think so BH_Stag. Just my opinion of course!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2883
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:46 pm

The One wrote:
Sneag wrote:
The One wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Arsene, this is Dempster's only plan. It was excruciating to watch on Saturday, and will continue to be, until he is asked to leave. It's negative and ugly, far worse than anything Cox put out,because he never had the quality of player we have now.
You watch that on Saturday, and the idea that some fans have, that we will be challenging the top 3, is frankly laughable


You can addle my brain with stats etc and previous years form, why have the conversation ? JD is not the man for the job. Rookie ex players do not work out, Murray failed JD will fail. Papering over cracks solves nowt.


Peter Morris worked.


With Smths side
So maybe JD can with Flitcroft's side. Give him a bit more time.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:50 am

As a creature of habit and having took £90 of my money back from the bookies this season, I am going for two to the Stags.

300 plus hardy souls make the long journey to see Bishop rip the back of the net out and Maynard fizz one into the top corner from just inside the box.
I am Spartacus
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby Amberheart » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:30 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Fgs give Dempster a fair chance. Half a dozen games is ridiculous. How can any newbie manager work miracles in just a few games. I’m prepared to stick with him and see come promotion or not, I’ve been used to it since I started watching the Stags in the 80s. As someone said, if you want entertainment you don’t watch Mansfield, we go because it’s in our blood. I think he might come good and I will never call for his head like some. We’re all in this together. I’d still rather have JD than Evans!!!


To say you would ‘never call for his head’ is just completely bizarre.

Also this squad didn’t need a manager to come in and work miracles to try and get results against the likes of Morecambe, Leyton Orient, an Stevenage. It’s a good squad of players that should be delivering more - We have to up it now off the back of 3 points.

Why bizarre? I will stick by him. JR is the owner and whatever decision he makes, he must have a reason and I will stick by that too. I remember the stick George Foster had to endure for all he did for the club. If they’ve served the club well I will stand by them, if they’re money grabbing journeyman managers like Evans I couldn’t care too much either way. Dempster has served us well and I think he deserves a good crack at it, over the course of a full season.
As you say it’s a very good squad of players, probably a top 3 or 4 squad so shouldn’t they take some responsibility too? I think so BH_Stag. Just my opinion of course!!!

I agree the team should take some responsibility, they are somewhat a settled side .
Skilled players underperforming is unforgivable to me .
We dream the same dream,we want the same thing
User avatar
Amberheart
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2993
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Last gasp Crawley winner in the 89th min as the Stags wilt in the London sunshine ..
User avatar
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:22 pm

1-2 win for the Stags. Simple!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2883
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby chip63 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:36 pm

If we can keep them out for the first 20 mins I can see us winning 2-0.
Labula scored a cracking free kick last week, so no needless fouls outside of the box.
Have no idea about Palmer but who does.
:coys:
chip63
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:57 pm

Billy the fish wrote:Last gasp Crawley winner in the 89th min as the Stags wilt in the London sunshine ..


Crawley is west Sussex mate. A nice part of the world.

I hope that we don't lose. JD wants to win at home and draw away, I'd take a draw there in the heat today.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3664
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alwaysa5tag, BH_Stag, bmthstag, Herts Stag, MTFCMusings, wink68, WVStag and 43 guests