{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bury FC Courtcase

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bury FC Courtcase

Postby adamstag » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:11 pm

Wouldn't freely admit to reading the Daily Mail :shock: :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:18 pm

spanishstag wrote:Just seen in todays daily mail ,that middlesborough are going to sue the efl ,over their failure to take action over derby,s selling of pride park to get around ffp rules ,they say that if proper actions had been taken ,they would have made the play offs ,they finished a point behind derby

I don't think they will get anywhere.

We have a better case. We would have got automatic promotion if Bury had been sanctioned, no guarantee Middlesbrough would have won the playoffs.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:23 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Just seen in todays daily mail ,that middlesborough are going to sue the efl ,over their failure to take action over derby,s selling of pride park to get around ffp rules ,they say that if proper actions had been taken ,they would have made the play offs ,they finished a point behind derby

We have a better case. We would have got automatic promotion if Bury had been sanctioned, no guarantee Middlesbrough would have won the playoffs.

Would we? I heard we wouldn’t due to losing the 4 points we took of Bury being expunged!!! It’s over now anyway and we move on but it does pee me off too how clubs get away with big overspending!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:13 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Would we? I heard we wouldn’t due to losing the 4 points we took of Bury being expunged!!! It’s over now anyway and we move on but it does pee me off too how clubs get away with big overspending!!!

Me too.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:16 pm

What do we do though Andy? In lots of sports there’s a salary cap. Would it work in football?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:40 pm

What we need is total transparency so clubs or the EFL report each month on what the clubs have spent in total on players' wages (including the estimated total cost for the season with or without promotion). They should also report their monthly income.

Fans may be a bit more patient with their manager if they can see that their manager has had less to spend.

I like this from Clapton Community FC

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:16 am

could be knee trembing reading for some fans.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:31 am

Spiritater wrote:could be knee trembing reading for some fans.

Would that knee trembling involve Carolyn?
I am Spartacus
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum