{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Johnson

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny Johnson

Postby part time pete » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:11 am

AshoverStag wrote:Time to move on and let this thread slide down the threads imo

DJ is a MTFC player, now played and put a decent shift in.

I’m sure we all want goals, and him to aid in that.

If he helps us get promotion then yes it will be a nice ending and that’s it

It will not side down the board if you keep posting on the thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:43 pm

[quote="stag324"]I was surprised as many to see him play today

I thought his attitude was spot on. Applauded the fans and had a little smile on him too.

When he went down to tie his laces I thought it was a dig at the Bradford team for the time wasting antics they were employing which suddenly changed when we scored
Done a lot of gesticulating and waving of arms but always seemed on the periphery for me :coys:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:59 pm

It's pretty much well known that prior to his loan at Walsall he was being made to train on his own.

So I don't know how they've managed to bury the hatchet, but it's also going to be hard for Johnson to forget how he has been treated.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Costastag » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:07 pm

stagmanrob wrote:It's pretty much well known that prior to his loan at Walsall he was being made to train on his own.

So I don't know how they've managed to bury the hatchet, but it's also going to be hard for Johnson to forget how he has been treated.

How exactly has he been treated ,nobody knows :lol:
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:58 pm

stagmanrob wrote:It's pretty much well known that prior to his loan at Walsall he was being made to train on his own.

No it's not, that was never stated by anyone from the club.

Clough did say that he didn't have any issues with DJ and there was never any evidence to the contrary.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:12 pm

I personally thought that he'd started to do his laces to waste a bit of time, as he was still doing them as the players got back to the centre circle, I saw him giving the ref some hammer too in the 2nd half, and he was applauding the fans when he was warming up at half time, for those who need to get off on that kind of thing. Let the team get on with it. If there was any problem he wouldn't be playing.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:02 pm

oldweststander wrote:

No it's not, that was never stated by anyone from the club.

Clough did say that he didn't have any issues with DJ and there was never any evidence to the contrary.

Youth team coaches will tell you if you speak to any of them.

Don't know why, he must have had a bust up at some point. But he was training seperately from the first team.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:11 pm

Marky Mark wrote:I personally thought that he'd started to do his laces to waste a bit of time, as he was still doing them as the players got back to the centre circle, I saw him giving the ref some hammer too in the 2nd half, and he was applauding the fans when he was warming up at half time, for those who need to get off on that kind of thing. Let the team get on with it. If there was any problem he wouldn't be playing.

He untied his laces as the rest of the players were celebrating, I don't buy the time-wasting excuse, why would we do that, we'd just equalised and were on top? Also he could have done that after celebrating. For me it was simply grade A sulking, he clearly has that in him.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:14 pm

Rob wrote:
Marky Mark wrote:I personally thought that he'd started to do his laces to waste a bit of time, as he was still doing them as the players got back to the centre circle, I saw him giving the ref some hammer too in the 2nd half, and he was applauding the fans when he was warming up at half time, for those who need to get off on that kind of thing. Let the team get on with it. If there was any problem he wouldn't be playing.

He untied his laces as the rest of the players were celebrating, I don't buy the time-wasting excuse, why would we do that, we'd just equalised and were on top? Also he could have done that after celebrating. For me it was simply grade A sulking, he clearly has that in him.

100% agree, he goes down the second the other 10 players go to celebrate, which tbh is pathetic , the bloke it’s alleged is one of the highest paid at the club & he reacts like that !!! really ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:27 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Rob wrote:

100% agree, he goes down the second the other 10 players go to celebrate, which tbh is pathetic , the bloke it’s alleged is one of the highest paid at the club & he reacts like that !!! really ?

Massive criticism based on quite a lot of supposition.
Perhaps his boot was coming off or loose but boo him and cast him out.

Booooo! :evil: :twisted:
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:31 pm

I mean it wasn't GFB, this all happened in front of us, nothing wrong with his boot :lol: Also who's casting him out? He quite clearly didn't want to celebrate the goal, that's up to him, but he doesn't deserve the excuses others are making for him.

It's no massive deal, we've had mardarses playing for us before!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:53 pm

Sick of this saga, just loan him out Kings Lynn, Alfreton, anyone
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:16 pm

The One wrote:Sick of this saga, just loan him out Kings Lynn, Alfreton, anyone

with Oates likely to be out for quite a few weeks, that wouldn't be a very good idea in my opinion.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby The One » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:22 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

with Oates likely to be out for quite a few weeks, that wouldn't be a very good idea in my opinion.

Sooner have kid or knowles, at least committed
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:25 pm

The One wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Sooner have kid or knowles, at least committed

there was no questioning Johnson's commitment during play.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Young021 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:01 am

There’s videos of him training in preseason with the team so that’s just not true at all
Young021
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:21 am

We I for one hope he gives his all for us the fans when we play next. He has a chance to change the faltering season if he can begin bagging. It will be most interesting to see his reaction and more importantly the rest of the team's reaction should he score on Saturday.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:55 am

Faltering season in 6th....

Guffaw.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:01 am

Young021 wrote:

There’s videos of him training in preseason with the team so that’s just not true at all

Suppose you just take what the club put out in the media as opposed to what people inside the club say as gospel then...
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:11 am

From what was expected at the start of the season in my opinion the season is at present a faltering one. 8 points away from the autos at present and 6 points seperate us from 15th.
Face it we have hardly set the world alight with any measure of consistency this season. The time is now to do that, for without it we'll be grasping at straws for the playoffs come May.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Young021 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:41 am

stagmanrob wrote:
Young021 wrote:

Suppose you just take what the club put out in the media as opposed to what people inside the club say as gospel then...

You’re right! They just got DJ in the training vids then sent him on his way to train on his own. Pretty sure he went on the scotland trip aswell So why would a man who was training on his own go on the pre season trip? If DJ was made to train on his own walsall would’ve definitely mentioned it.
Young021
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby pemill » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:13 pm

Spiritater wrote:From what was expected at the start of the season in my opinion the season is at present a faltering one. 8 points away from the autos at present and 6 points seperate us from 15th.
Face it we have hardly set the world alight with any measure of consistency this season. The time is now to do that, for without it we'll be grasping at straws for the playoffs come May.

:good_post:

I would question whether it is faltering, it's just remained the same all season.
Too many peeps happy with the play-offs and have settled for the play-offs, a realistic chance of auto-promotion would have been good progress.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:33 pm

That’s the trouble with the world today...Entitlement....
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:07 pm

pemill wrote:
Spiritater wrote:From what was expected at the start of the season in my opinion the season is at present a faltering one. 8 points away from the autos at present and 6 points seperate us from 15th.

:good_post:

I would question whether it is faltering, it's just remained the same all season.
Too many peeps happy with the play-offs and have settled for the play-offs, a realistic chance of auto-promotion would have been good progress.

So I assume you two will be disappointed if we end up in a play off spot?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:26 pm

Opinion DJ needs to be cut some slack and leave it to the management what role he plays.
Being just a fan the dressing room is way out of my league, so no comment.
If he is in the squad then he is a Mansfield player and deserves my support .
I have no issues about player power, it will not be tolerated.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum