{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Johnson

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny Johnson

Postby adsstag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:10 am

Johnson is definitely on the way out!

He didn’t acknowledge the fans when his name was chanted
When Oates was injured only swan and Bowery were instructed to warm up
Johnson doesn’t celebrate the win with the players at the end

He was never going to come on today!
adsstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:27 am

Stoney wrote:Has Swan not got a better goals per minute ratio than Danny Johnson this season?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/le ... op-scorers

Yes he does.

Both players have featured in 22 games.

DJ has scored 13 and assisted 2, minutes per goal of 145

Swan has scored 9 and assisted 0, minutes per goal of 125

If Swan maintained that mins per goal and actually played 90 minutes a game he'd be on 15.84 goals.

DJ has, pretty much, played 90 minutes every game for Walsall. I think, not 100% certain on that, but his works out at 13.68 goals based on playing 90 mins of the 22 games so it's close.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:49 am

Young021 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:We don’t need him. Swan is a better goalscorer IMO. If he doesn’t want to be here then get rid.

On what basis is swan a better goalscorer,that’s a silly comment. Swans a good player of the bench and been impactful of the bench. But Dj is evidently the better player Ie why he’s scored more this season. What a stupid comment.

A few others have pointed out the basis for me. Also none of Swan’s goal were penalties.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:04 am

Baffles me how our fans are obsessed with DJ, he’s never looked interested, never played that well for us and only scored about 4 leagues goals for us. Hopefully Radford backs down abit and we can sell him as we’re desperate for a left back and another attacking player.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:15 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:Baffles me how our fans are obsessed with DJ, he’s never looked interested, never played that well for us and only scored about 4 leagues goals for us. Hopefully Radford backs down abit and we can sell him as we’re desperate for a left back and another attacking player.

Baffles me too. I thought his behaviour yesterday was infantile, he was clearly snubbing the fans yet none of this has anything to do with us. The sooner he goes the better. I'd much rather have Swan, a great lad, hard worker and with a betting scoring record.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:41 am

Rob wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:Baffles me how our fans are obsessed with DJ, he’s never looked interested, never played that well for us and only scored about 4 leagues goals for us. Hopefully Radford backs down abit and we can sell him as we’re desperate for a left back and another attacking player.

Baffles me too. I thought his behaviour yesterday was infantile, he was clearly snubbing the fans yet none of this has anything to do with us. The sooner he goes the better. I'd much rather have Swan, a great lad, hard worker and with a betting scoring record.

When we sign a player, I always like to have a gander at the forum/twitter of the club we are signing from. Considering his scoring record at Orient the large majority of their fans seemed glad to be rid of him.

Swan is already a better player than Johnson IMO
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:50 am

Young021 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:We don’t need him. Swan is a better goalscorer IMO. If he doesn’t want to be here then get rid.

On what basis is swan a better goalscorer,that’s a silly comment. Swans a good player of the bench and been impactful of the bench. But Dj is evidently the better player Ie why he’s scored more this season. What a stupid comment.

DJ doesn’t score Swan’s opportunity today, don’t think he has the pace and the agility to run through and drop the shoulder to create that opportunity
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:51 am

For all
parties let’s hope he is gone this week & we replace him with quality

massive week for Cloughie
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:58 am

adsstag wrote:Johnson is definitely on the way out!

He didn’t acknowledge the fans when his name was chanted
When Oates was injured only swan and Bowery were instructed to warm up
Johnson doesn’t celebrate the win with the players at the end

He was never going to come on today!
Should not have been in the squad as Clough had no intention of bringing him on. A bit demoralising for DJ having to sit on the bench in them circumstances. I would have put a youngster on the bench instead. Could have given them 5 minutes at the end as it turned out.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:00 am

Walsall boss Michael Flynn on Danny Johnson:

“We thought we had an agreement, then it all changed.
It’s all down to one man, their chairman. At the minute, he’s put an extortionate price on his head…which no one will pay”
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Smax2 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:08 am

It's still all mind games! If DJ wants to go so be it! JR has simply asked a proce for a goal scorer.
Allegedly £100k was agreed before it turned to a loan. £100k for a goal scoring striker? Peanuts.
Smax2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:19 am

Smax2 wrote:It's still all mind games! If DJ wants to go so be it! JR has simply asked a proce for a goal scorer.
Allegedly £100k was agreed before it turned to a loan. £100k for a goal scoring striker? Peanuts.

Yes on the face of it that’s not a huge fee unless you look a bit deeper.

The first thing is, where the buying club is at and what are your ambitions for this season?. If you are not likely to make the playoffs or get relegated, that is a lot of money to spend for a few more goals.

How long does the player have on his contract?. In this case about 19 games worth. If the player wants to come then he will wait until the summer and get a bigger signing on bonus.

Do you want to make the player an integral part of an improved team for a promotion push next year? I think this is the only reason which may be in our favour. Walsall may want to secure Johnson for next year. The downside though is that the pool of available players will be much bigger in the summer and cheaper alternatives will be available.

My heart says, keep him here and deny an asset to a playoff rival. My head says reduce the fee and use the money to take us up.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:40 am

wayno cordiniho wrote:Walsall boss Michael Flynn on Danny Johnson:

It’s all down to one man, their chairman. At the minute, he’s put an extortionate price on his head…which no one will pay”
Did he forget to say, we are trying to get him on the cheap ?

As for the idea NC had no intention of playing him, that's pure speculation. He put Swan on who scored so maybe he got the substitution right.

Will be interesting to see if Johnson does go to Walsall in this transfer window, where he is at the start of next season. My guess is Walsall. Talk about "smoke and mirrors".

Time for all involved in this ludicrous state of affairs to be adult and find a compromise.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby AshoverStag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:04 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:Walsall boss Michael Flynn on Danny Johnson:

Well surely that’s incorrect. As DJ turned down a move for the asking price to another Club didn’t he ?

I heard Saturday there is a forward we have been after for a while, but I’m guessing we need the fee JR is asking for DJ to facilitate buying the new player

Maybe JR will still need to throw more money into the deal but won’t do it without DJ going for the asking price
When you think you know the answers, I change the questions
AshoverStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby london amber stag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:09 pm

Time to move Johnson on and spend the money on a new player.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:14 pm

london amber stag wrote:Time to move Johnson on and spend the money on a new player.

Depends on how little the money is and whether DJ is more motivated by a move in the summer.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:27 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
london amber stag wrote:Time to move Johnson on and spend the money on a new player.

Depends on how little the money is and whether DJ is more motivated by a move in the summer.

It’s looking like we will lose JJ and Gordon so that should free up some wages , didn’t JJ sign a new improved deal when Donny allegedly came in for him end of last season???
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby St Hilary Stag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:31 pm

whats Johnson worth ?
... ill guess , 2 bob & a conker ... no more , no less ! :lol:
Far South West's number ONE fan
'
St Hilary Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Costastag » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:05 pm

Johnson was never coming on today soon as we went 2 up that was it for him interesting few days ahead
Costastag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby broomo » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:23 pm

Walsall'a next 3 fixtures are against Salford, Northampton and Orient.

If I was JR I'd pull the trigger tomorrow.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Stagsfan11 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:26 pm

JR has asked what he should do with Danny Johnson on Facebook
Stagsfan11
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby broomo » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:30 pm

Stagsfan11 wrote:JR has asked what he should do with Danny Johnson on Facebook

Can you copy and paste that post please?

I may be wrong but I'd have thought it better to ask his CEO and Manager instead of the fans.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:35 pm

Where ? I can’t see that
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:44 pm

You chat that much excrement on there too he's blocked you
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:45 pm

broomo wrote:

Can you copy and paste that post please?

I may be wrong but I'd have thought it better to ask his CEO and Manager instead of the fans.

It's what the red wine does to him. Stevo should change his password on Saturday nights
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum