{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quinn signs new contract

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Quinn signs new contract

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:04 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Quinn signs new contract

Postby lancer » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:05 pm

Great news
Must be protected and played sparingly though
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby natfromboza » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:11 pm

Vital signing. Really happy he is giving it another year.
natfromboza
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:25 pm

Great to have him but can his legs last out for one more season
Agree can only be used sparingly
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:26 pm

look after him this season & this could prove one of the signings of the season
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:29 pm

Never in doubt. Viva Quinniesta!
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:31 pm

Great news. Will be good to have around the camp in any capacity and can play a vital role. He looks after himself and always gives 100%.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:38 pm

Not learned anything from the Wembley embarrassment have we , too slow all over the pitch which was exploited for all to see . Quinn’s a good player for 40-60mins then add Perch and Otoole and the liability of Hawkins . We can’t afford another slow start to the season or we may well find the season a long old struggle.
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:05 pm

Billy the fish wrote:Not learned anything from the Wembley embarrassment have we , too slow all over the pitch which was exploited for all to see . Quinn’s a good player for 40-60mins then add Perch and Otoole and the liability of Hawkins . We can’t afford another slow start to the season or we may well find the season a long old struggle.

How did we get to Wembley in the first place? Quinn wasn't the reason we lost at Wembley but he was one of the reasons we won so many games.
Clough and Quinn know he may not last a full 90 minutes but even if he plays 60 minutes, he will contribute more than players who play the full game.
And we know the main reason we had a slow start was due to injuries.
You don't know who Clough has lined up. He could bring in 4 younger players to balance the team up.
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:27 pm

Billy the fish wrote:Not learned anything from the Wembley embarrassment have we , too slow all over the pitch which was exploited for all to see . Quinn’s a good player for 40-60mins then add Perch and Otoole and the liability of Hawkins . We can’t afford another slow start to the season or we may well find the season a long old struggle.

Can’t beat positivity
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:31 pm

Spireites were very keen on signing Quinn apparently, even offered more money.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:47 pm

jpstags wrote:Spireites were very keen on signing Quinn apparently, even offered more money.

how do you know this please ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby YellaFella 75 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:40 pm

Great news, Quinn is a vital cog in the machine, with his barnstorming team talks before the game at H/T etc and his constant motivating and organising on the pitch. He leads the celebrations too! Oh yeah and he's still a bloody good player even at 36.
YellaFella 75
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:05 pm

yorkstag wrote:

Can’t beat positivity

He’s anti Mansfield
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:18 pm

How do you keep getting away with it?

Also on another note, did Sedgwick announce this early?

Not seen the lad around for a few days.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:42 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Great to have him but can his legs last out for one more season
Agree can only be used sparingly

I mean my legs have gone, but they hadn't when I was 36 :lol: In fact, I was doing my A Levels when Quinn was born. 36 really, really isn't old, in fact, players are still playing at the very top level at 38/39. He easily has the energy and fitness needed at this level, all he needs is to stay injury free as much as possible. Best signing of the summer so far, he is a fantastic footballer and injury free is, with Maris, the first name on my team sheet.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Staghammer » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:11 am

That's one place on the bench reserved for the season, injury permitting. Just bring him on as and when the game being played requires it.
Staghammer
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Conker » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:19 am

Quinn will start plenty.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:53 am

yorkstag wrote:

Can’t beat positivity

Not only that but can't beat ignorance of the new substitution rules which make this signing such good news.
As Lancer says, keep him in the squad but use him sparingly. This is great news
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:59 am

We've just had one of the best seasons for ages, so so close at promotion yet the usual wrist slitters would make you think we'd just scraped third bottom.

As someone else said, the 5 sub rule changes alot and we won't be relying on Quinn to start every game next season. A good bit of business.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:31 am

The new sub rules make the Quinn signing a no brainier, he said many times last year that games were getting harder and harder so he must be delighted to be able to continue for another season.

Will be interesting to see if Clough starts with Quinn or uses him as a last 30 “super sub”
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:40 am

I don’t see Quinn as a super sub as it’s not easy to get into the pace of a game from the bench. I see him more of a starter who will get subbed as he fades.

That said, Quinn could be most effective when his legs are fresh and defenders are tiring but it’s a big ask expecting him to change games we are chasing and teams only have to sit deep and defend.

I suppose we are just guessing and Nigel will call the shots as to when the mighty Quinn is released.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:35 am

A sound squad player on and off the pitch, sometimes his passion like so many good players gets him and the club into trouble.
But thats Quinny a lovable rogue, glad he is with us
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:23 am

I think Quinn will be a kind of "play until you can't play no more" deal.

With 5 subs and 4 opportunities to do so (3 during a game and an additional 1 at half time) there is plenty of scope to bring him off if needed.

I can see him being a half time sub most games. Especially if we have Sat-Tue-Sat.

Neal Bishop signed for us at age 36. He did alright. His 2nd season was iffy at best but I maintain that that was due to the incredibly poor pre season we had under Dempster which affected everybody.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:14 pm

I like Quinny. Couple of 6 match bans and he will see the season out. :D
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench