{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FA Cup Rd 1 draw - away to Sunderland (again!)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FA Cup Rd 1 draw - away to Sunderland (again!)

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:51 pm

Train from Newark to Newcastle. 2 hrs.
Metro from Newcastle to Sunderland. 20 mins.
Easeh.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:15 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Train from Newark to Newcastle. 2 hrs.
Metro from Newcastle to Sunderland. 20 mins.
Easeh.

Usually bloody expensive though aint it??
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:48 pm

Only £12.00 for an adult ticket, I'm not sure if that's good for the club or bad.
It's certainly great value for both sets of fans and I hope it makes for a large crowd.
SSA only £15.00 travel or £25.00 non members.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:46 am

I have bought 3 tickets for the grumpy old men, no problem getting through on the phone. Good value for a day out even if we are not playing well. Get you tickets and let's have a bumper following
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:21 am

Bros wrote:I have bought 3 tickets for the grumpy old men, no problem getting through on the phone. Good value for a day out even if we are not playing well. Get you tickets and let's have a bumper following

Spiro said he wasn't going :D
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:16 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Bros wrote:I have bought 3 tickets for the grumpy old men, no problem getting through on the phone. Good value for a day out even if we are not playing well. Get you tickets and let's have a bumper following

He's not old enough to qualify for our gang
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:49 pm

Looking forward to it - can’t beat a good away day.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:12 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Too right, To travel all that way and spend an absolute wad I have to have the tiniest glimmer of hope. At the moment I have none in the bunch of misfits.
The last two away big followings we've had have made this weak willed load of players turn in absolute shockers of no shows from them, as if they can't deal with the expectation of it all and I can see a repeat on FA Cup day too.

If Sunderland put their kids out to face us and we crab a win or draw it will do nothing but fill the fan base with false hope and they'll probably lose the following and more important League game.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:48 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Too right, To travel all that way and spend an absolute wad I have to have the tiniest glimmer of hope. At the moment I have none in the bunch of misfits.
The last two away big followings we've had have made this weak willed load of players turn in absolute shockers of no shows from them, as if they can't deal with the expectation of it all and I can see a repeat on FA Cup day too.

If Sunderland put their kids out to face us and we crab a win or draw it will do nothing but fill the fan base with false hope and they'll probably lose the following and more important League game.

I'm off to see Sarah Millican at the Engine Shed tonight, you should do something like that, cheer yourself up a bit!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

116 123

That's the number for Samaritans if you need to talk mate x
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:33 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

116 123

That's the number for Samaritans if you need to talk mate x

He mans the phone lines for The Samaritans :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:53 am

Rob wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

I'm off to see Sarah Millican at the Engine Shed tonight, you should do something like that, cheer yourself up a bit!

Literally less funny than anyone else on the planet
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:42 am

Her fella is way funnier
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:53 am

Captain Cunno wrote:Her fella is way funnier

Spike?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:56 am

Martin Shaw wrote:There will still be the Sunday games for the BBC final score type programme I expect. Usually about 8 games moved for that. They are usually announced later.

Looking at the TV listings, the BBC has ditched this programme. Hence far fewer matches have been moved to Sunday than previous seasons.

Unless there is a late change and our game is added to the overseas TV live broadcasts, the game will not be available to stream live on any platform.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:46 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby scotsstag » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:13 am

Martin, do you know the difference between "away 1" and "away 2" tickets on sale online ?
Cheers.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:14 am

scotsstag wrote:Martin, do you know the difference between "away 1" and "away 2" tickets on sale online ?
Cheers.

no I don't, sorry.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby ParisStag » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:42 pm

scotsstag wrote:Martin, do you know the difference between "away 1" and "away 2" tickets on sale online ?
Cheers.

I got 1, as there were 1200 left and 2 said pretty much 1000 left. Assumed most people had bought from 1 and it amay have been 2000 originally.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:27 pm

Cheers PS. :thumbup:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:33 pm

scotsstag wrote:Cheers PS. :thumbup:

Or I could be completely wrong and it'll just be me and thee! :lol:
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby NEStag » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:10 am

Tickets selling well, looks like about 800 so far, and a few days to go.
This might be our biggest away following of the season so far.
Looking at the SAFC website and the tickets received it looks like we are high behind the goal in the North Stand.
I wonder how many they will sell. They are playing poorly but the reduced price is decent.
NEStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:20 pm

Sunderland got battered by Rotherham yesterday. McGeady got a red so they'll probably play him vs us, as he'll miss their next league game.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:26 pm

ParisStag wrote:Sunderland got battered by Rotherham yesterday. McGeady got a red so they'll probably play him vs us, as he'll miss their next league game.

I don’t think McGeady will be able to play. Red card suspensions carry over to all competitions apart from the EFL Trophy I think.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:34 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Sunderland got battered by Rotherham yesterday. McGeady got a red so they'll probably play him vs us, as he'll miss their next league game.

I don’t think McGeady will be able to play. Red card suspensions carry over to all competitions apart from the EFL Trophy I think.

Ruben Rodrigues got his 5th booking yesterday so the reporters said he’ll miss the Rochdale game next week. Then Charlie Slater tweeted saying he’s not suspended as it’s competition only bookings.
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum