{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:12 pm



Wow!
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8295
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:12 pm

I felt the contents of this interview deserved its own thread.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8295
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:16 pm

A lot to digest there, very informative.

Is Jake Speight Tom Naylor's agent?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9481
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby The One » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:22 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:A lot to digest there, very informative.

Is Jake Speight Tom Naylor's agent?


He did say ex Mansfield player
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12894
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:22 pm

Wow indeed. Shameful behaviour by both Naylor and his agent. Who is the agent by the way ?

And before anyone drips about money, I am the sort of person that when they give their word then that is it. To get to the stage of a medical and renege, to me, is ungentlemanly.

Call me old fashioned.

Shows the intent of the club, which is positive.

WAFC eh. Ginger Judas.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16745
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby georgefostersbeard » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:25 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Wow indeed. Shameful behaviour by both Naylor and his agent. Who is the agent by the way ?

And before anyone drips about money, I am the sort of person that when they give their word then that is it. To get to the stage of a medical and renege, to me, is ungentlemanly.

Call me old fashioned.

Shows the intent of the club, which is positive.

WAFC eh. Ginger Judas.


The agent is Jake Speight who is accused of not wanting his player to come to Stags. It will be interesting to hear if he denies that his first query was about his cut
Tainted Soul says I am great!
User avatar
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3370
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby yorkstag » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:26 pm

No mention of Keaton Ward
yorkstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:27 pm

yorkstag wrote:No mention of Keaton Ward


He's been on holiday.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9481
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby lifestags » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:29 pm

Brilliant interview,

lets face it, Speight has always been a strawberry and from what I have heard about Naylor recently is that he has become very arrogant over the years.

Least we know were looking to get rid of Rolin now,

How many players did he say are due in?

A striker?
2 on loan gk's?
A cb and a young defender?
lifestags
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2598
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:35 pm

lifestags wrote:Brilliant interview,

lets face it, Speight has always been a strawberry and from what I have heard about Naylor recently is that he has become very arrogant over the years.

Least we know were looking to get rid of Rolin now,

How many players did he say are due in?

A striker?
2 on loan gk's?
A cb and a young defender?


Quinn, a young GK on loan, 1st choice GK on loan, a young defender plus "maybe just one" more but didn't specify what position.

But then said we have 3 we are looking at getting rid of which unless at least one goes the we will "stick with what we've got"
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8295
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:39 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Wow indeed. Shameful behaviour by both Naylor and his agent. Who is the agent by the way ?

And before anyone drips about money, I am the sort of person that when they give their word then that is it. To get to the stage of a medical and renege, to me, is ungentlemanly.

Call me old fashioned.

Shows the intent of the club, which is positive.

WAFC eh. Ginger Judas.


It is poor form. I agree. Really poor from Jake speight to continue the negotiations when it's already agreed,Tom could have said no to. he didn't have a gun to his head.

He is above us no doubt and would have been a hell of a signing but don't let it get into that position Tom, you're 29 and old enough to know how to conduct yourself.

Shows they are all mercenaries really.
Last edited by arsene wengers coat on Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5645
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:41 pm

On a separate note I think we need another striker. Another commander of a CB is also needed.

If we're going for a season long loan GK, they better be from much higher up and decent.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5645
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby Hjeldefan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:44 pm

Shocking from Naylor and his agent especially. Long term will be beneficial, if that is his agents attitude he was probably going to cause issues further down the line anyway.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby Wilfred » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:44 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Wow indeed. Shameful behaviour by both Naylor and his agent. Who is the agent by the way ?

And before anyone drips about money, I am the sort of person that when they give their word then that is it. To get to the stage of a medical and renege, to me, is ungentlemanly.

Call me old fashioned.

Shows the intent of the club, which is positive.

WAFC eh. Ginger Judas.


The agent is Jake Speight who is accused of not wanting his player to come to Stags. It will be interesting to hear if he denies that his first query was about his cut

The alleged behaviour of Speight and Naylor is the sort of thing that makes my urine boil!

I'm with you Belly. To have a medical at the club, agree to join and then renege on that agreement is shameful and unforgiveable. And I don't give a monkey's chuff that more money made Naylor change his mind. If he can be bought so easily then he's not fit to be a Stag.

Mr Naylor and Mr Speight. You are both a disgrace to your professions.
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:45 pm

As unsavoury as this Naylor situation is we also need to acknowledge the fact that yet again JR has backed our manager with the requisite funds to sign a major player....
This time it turns out Naylor is not the one but shows the clout is there for another big big signing should NC wish.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3910
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:46 pm

Wilfred wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Wow indeed. Shameful behaviour by both Naylor and his agent. Who is the agent by the way ?

And before anyone drips about money, I am the sort of person that when they give their word then that is it. To get to the stage of a medical and renege, to me, is ungentlemanly.

Call me old fashioned.

Shows the intent of the club, which is positive.

WAFC eh. Ginger Judas.


The agent is Jake Speight who is accused of not wanting his player to come to Stags. It will be interesting to hear if he denies that his first query was about his cut

The alleged behaviour of Speight and Naylor is the sort of thing that makes my urine boil!

I'm with you Belly. To have a medical at the club, agree to join and then renege on that agreement is shameful and unforgiveable. And I don't give a monkey's chuff that more money made Naylor change his mind. If he can be bought so easily then he's not fit to be a Stag.

Mr Naylor and Mr Speight. You are both a disgrace to your professions.

Well said chaps!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4269
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby Johan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:47 pm

That is certainly a very honest interview.

We all now these things go on in football, but it’s very rare we get such a peak behind the curtain.
Johan
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 813
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:43 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby natfromboza » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:50 pm

Glad the Naylor deal fell through. Says a lot about him as a person. Not someone I would want at my club. Onwards and upwards.
User avatar
natfromboza
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:51 pm

Poor from Naylor, he could have overruled his agent if he felt genuinely embarrassed by the situation.

But yes, as Cunno says, means there is money in the pot for an alternative 'highest paid player'. The only problem is that any agent who watches that interview will know that :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9481
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby lifestags » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:53 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
lifestags wrote:Brilliant interview,

lets face it, Speight has always been a strawberry and from what I have heard about Naylor recently is that he has become very arrogant over the years.

Least we know were looking to get rid of Rolin now,

How many players did he say are due in?

A striker?
2 on loan gk's?
A cb and a young defender?


Quinn, a young GK on loan, 1st choice GK on loan, a young defender plus "maybe just one" more but didn't specify what position.

But then said we have 3 we are looking at getting rid of which unless at least one goes the we will "stick with what we've got"



but he also said at the start we need another goalscorer? and if he had a choice between a CB and ST he would pick a Striker.

I would assume its

2 young GK's.
1 young left back
1 CB (Naylor replacement)
1 Striker.
Quinn
2 we have already signed=8 that he wanted?
lifestags
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2598
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:56 pm

So glad the ‘Bad Apple’ hasn’t come here and disrupted things!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4269
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby Jimstag » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:56 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:A lot to digest there, very informative.

Is Jake Speight Tom Naylor's agent?


I believe so, a quick Google search said his agency was 1511 and speight works there so putting 2 & 2 together from the clues.

A shame but if that’s what motivates the lad then I don’t want him, you want people committed to the cause and wanting to push on not just for cash and an easy ride like a few players Evan’s brought in during his spell.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:58 pm

Really frustrated at the Naylor situation and clear to see that Clough is fuming, and rightly so.

Speight is a complete mercenary but we’ve always known when it comes to morality he’s left wanting.

Plenty of new faces still to come though by the sounds of it, correct me if I’m wrong but by the sounds of it we are still hoping to sign on the dotted line a...

- Striker
- Central defender to replace Naylor
- Young defender (to replace Meneyese?)
- First choice keeper on loan
- Young goalkeeper on loan
- Stephen Quinn
- Possibly one other

That sounds about right for me, but the absolute priorities are to secure another striker and lead centre back in my opinion.

That would be 9 incomings so one above his original 8 but now we know Meneyese is to move on it tallies up.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2873
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:05 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Really frustrated at the Naylor situation and clear to see that Clough is fuming, and rightly so.

Speight is a complete mercenary but we’ve always known when it comes to morality he’s left wanting.

Plenty of new faces still to come though by the sounds of it, correct me if I’m wrong but by the sounds of it we are still hoping to sign on the dotted line a...

- Striker
- Central defender to replace Naylor
- Young defender (to replace Meneyese?)
- First choice keeper on loan
- Young goalkeeper on loan
- Stephen Quinn
- Possibly one other

That sounds about right for me, but the absolute priorities are to secure another striker and lead centre back in my opinion.

That would be 9 incomings so one above his original 8 but now we know Meneyese is to move on it tallies up.


Think you've got one too many there, so take off the one other. I assume the young defender he is talking about is McMann
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9481
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:07 pm

Can’t fault Naylor or Speight one bit , it’s Jakes job to get the best deal for his client and keeping him as high up the divisions as possible. If Naylor can stay fit he’s time to drop down the divisions later in his career .
User avatar
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests