{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby chip63 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:41 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Omari Patrick signing for Burton might free up Lucas Akins for a move here?

Akins played the majority of his games on the left hand side after January and that’s mostly where Patrick plays.

It's more likely Akins wil move back to the right and Omari on the left, that's a cracking strike force with Hemmings up front.
Can see Burton doing well this season and playoffs the target at least.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:44 pm

chip63 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Omari Patrick signing for Burton might free up Lucas Akins for a move here?

Akins played the majority of his games on the left hand side after January and that’s mostly where Patrick plays.

It's more likely Akins wil move back to the right and Omari on the left, that's a cracking strike force with Hemmings up front.

Time will tell! I expect he will be a target for us this summer
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:51 pm

I just can't see him coming down a league when he could be pushing for promotion to the championship with Burton.
I suppose it's upto Jimmy first, like you say time will tell.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:55 pm

chip63 wrote:

Play-offs at least!? There’s no way that will be their expectation level.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:01 pm

chip63 wrote:I just can't see him coming down a league when he could be pushing for promotion to the championship with Burton.
I suppose it's upto Jimmy first, like you say time will tell.

I’m not sure about that. I firmly believe he would have signed for us in January if Burton managed to get their replacement on deadline day so not sure being in League 2 would be a dealbreaker.

Granted they had a great second half of the season and will probably be comfortable next season in League 1 which he could be a part of but if they continue to sign a few more players in attacking areas and he starts to feel he’d be used as more of a squad player I wouldn’t be surprised if he was open to a move.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:29 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
chip63 wrote:

Think it's going to be Jimmy floyds ambition, I really rate him and 7th is obtainable I think.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:01 pm

Carlisle are not doing very well with the new deals they have offered.

Offered New Deal: Nick Anderton (Bristol Rovers), Offrande Zanzala (Barrow). Paul Farman (Barrow), Omari Patrick (Burton Albion), Rhys Bennett (Rejected) and Morgan Feeney.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:19 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Carlisle are not doing very well with the new deals they have offered.

Offered New Deal: Nick Anderton (Bristol Rovers), Offrande Zanzala (Barrow). Paul Farman (Barrow), Omari Patrick (Burton Albion), Rhys Bennett (Rejected) and Morgan Feeney.

Didn't see Bennett had rejected them, quality player for who ever he signs for..

Still waiting to see where Mal will turn up
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:42 pm

chip63 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
chip63 wrote:

Think it's going to be Jimmy floyds ambition, I really rate him and 7th is obtainable I think.

7th wouldn’t be any good to them :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:24 pm

Got to love this place sometimes
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:23 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Carlisle are not doing very well with the new deals they have offered.

Didn't see Bennett had rejected them, quality player for who ever he signs for..

Bennett was quite open about it on twitter. He wasn't happy because Carlisle are probably the only football league club who didn't give contracts until July like everybody else, they stopped paying their players in May. If Carlisle made the play offs they would have had to give their squad new short term contracts to play.

He also said that Carlisle offered him a new contact with a huge wage reduction that he simply couldn't accept.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:12 am

Carlisle are a decent bet to go down next season. No shock that Holdsworth is at the helm...
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:19 am

Stoney wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Bennett was quite open about it on twitter. He wasn't happy because Carlisle are probably the only football league club who didn't give contracts until July like everybody else, they stopped paying their players in May. If Carlisle made the play offs they would have had to give their squad new short term contracts to play.

He also said that Carlisle offered him a new contact with a huge wage reduction that he simply couldn't accept.

Ah missed that completely! Their season really did implode, can't see them doing well next year.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:30 am

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:20 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
chip63 wrote:

Akins played centre forward or left wing back, Jonny Smith played on the right a January signing , there are rumours about Akins going, but whether we are willing to pay the fee is another matter. Whether Ben Robinson will retire now his daughter has gone to Wrexham and sell up . For sure if J_F_H has a better offer he will be gone
Akins to play again under Clough, game on est fee £250,000
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:35 am

Don’t think it would be 250k for a 31 year old with one year left on his contract.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:01 am

Where's Broomo when you need him?
Really miss his knowledge and insight into players and Clough.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:17 am

Josh Coulson could be a good signing for Southend. He won promotion back from the National League with Cambridge.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:47 am

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 am

Mark Cooper On Barrow's signings:

Josh Kay
When I came in I looked at the released list and saw Josh Kay’s name. I had seen him play a couple of times and what struck me about him was his pace, his directness and the threat he has to the opposition. Of course, players can make mistakes but his sort of pace and creativity – you can’t have enough of that in the squad. Rather than go and search for another one, it was prudent to get him back because he knows the Club and we know him so there won’t be a settling in period. I had a good conversation with him and once I had spoken to him I think he was really happy to come back, despite having some other options. I am pleased to get that sorted and I know he will cause opposition problems, so I am looking forward to working with him.

Ozzy Zanzala
Offrande Zanzala was a player that the Club had earmarked before I arrived. There was no suggestion that I had to go for him but I had actually seen him play against my son a few years ago back in his Academy days at Derby County and he’d caught my eye. I can remember him causing havoc and he nearly decapitated the goalkeeper in one game – he was just a real handful! Once I saw that the Club had the chance to get him I just said to get on with it. I think he will create, he will upset defenders, he’s a big and powerful lad and I think he will score goals.

Paul Farman
I am really pleased we’ve also managed to get a deal done for Paul Farman. Over the last couple of years at Forest Green I had some problems with the goalkeeping department. We’d had predominantly younger goalkeepers, loan goalkeepers or ones that weren’t quite ready and it had cost us a lot of points, so I had made a decision that I wanted a goalkeeper who was steady – that’s a word I like for goalkeepers; they are not rash and they will save you points during a season. Paul Farman is definitely in that category. He’s got good experience, he’s a great age for a goalkeeper, he can kick the ball a long way when you’re under pressure, he’s good with his feet and he’s an imposing figure. When I got the chance to get that one done, it was high on my list because he will give us the calmness we need.

Tom White
Tom White was the third player to arrive and, similarly to Offrande, he was one the Club had on their list. Without a Manager, it’s responsible to keep a focus on recruitment and make sure you don’t miss out on players and they had mentioned they had an option to sign Tom. I had seen him play and I watched a lot of footage of him and you can see he’s technically a very good footballer so he will fit perfectly into what I want to do. It’s another exciting signing, in my opinion, and I think he will definitely make a big contribution this season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:30 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:57 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

that's at least one of our targets gone then. I heard this one a while back, but didn't want to say and get abused :lol:
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:22 pm

Crawley have signed Jack Payne from Eastleigh on a one year deal.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:24 pm

Port Vale have signed former Coventry and Exeter centre half, Aaron Martin, from Hamilton.

Port Vale
Signed: Brad Walker (Shrewsbury Town), Ben Garrity (Blackpool), James Wilson (Salford City), Aaron Martin (Hamilton Academicals)
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:20 pm

Wilson is a punt could be a star or a sick note
daddycool
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum