{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Paul Cox 10 year anniversary

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Paul Cox 10 year anniversary

Postby gazza1988 » Thu May 20, 2021 1:19 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Field Mill wrote:Love Coxy. He was a gigantic factor in our rise to the stable, solid club that we are today. As for the comments on his playing style, I'd say this: in all my years at the Mill I've seen very, very few teams playing tikka takka. Why can't we just enjoy our success when it comes around so rarely? I'll always associate him with great times, winning football and the rise of the Radfords. Decent bloke too.

Some people will always remember him by his football we saw in the league. But even when we did romp the league on that fantastic run we still played some great football.

Always good to watch when we hardly lost! Will always be a Mansfield legend

I enjoyed the results, I enjoyed that we played that style well. His style, to me, was not too dissimilar to Evans style. The difference being Evans could attract, and afford, a better calibre of players who could play the style better.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 22, 2021 4:54 pm

A Paul Cox Podcast with Notts County fans on "Escaping The National League".

Hopefully County will never find out what this feels like :lol:

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sat May 22, 2021 5:41 pm

Or that we were still trying to whack aimless balls at Ross Dyer and Matt Rhead.

A real re-writing of history about Cox’s time in the Football League.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat May 22, 2021 6:02 pm

part time pete wrote:Again I am someone who thought Coxy was great.

Anyone who can get a team to win three away league games in a week has got to have something about them with a team that really didn’t have star players in it.

I will never forget those three games, all different in some aspects but all same in other aspects.

It started low key with a 1-0 win at Hyde United with a fluke goal from Louise Briscoe and last gasp goal line clearances from Luke Jones. Then on to Luton with a last minute winner from London Meikle and then on to Lincoln with Matt Green getting another last minute winner finishing off with Greeny waving a corner flag above his head in front of the fans. Great times.

As soon as Greeny got that goal, I just knew we were going to go on and get promoted.

We ought to have been at least 3-0 down after about 15 minutes if I remember correctly?
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 22, 2021 6:39 pm

22 wins out of the last 25 games. Absolutely brilliant. We will never do it again. We should have beat Wrexham away as well and we were winning at Braintree. It was great going to and watching those games. I loved every minute of it. Thank you very much Paul Cox.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum