{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Tickets - early bird extended until Fri 16 July

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Season Tickets - early bird extended until Fri 16 July

Postby geoffhill » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:04 am

As we had around 1500 season tickets this season how many does anyone think we will get for next season.We have a decent squad now but with 4-6 additions we should be looking at automatic promotion play offs at least.Nigel is one of the best managers in the EFL I would expect 2500-3000 season ticket holders next season at least.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby smulls » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:11 am

I will get a new season ticket for the first time in my life!
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:49 am

geoffhill wrote:As we had around 1500 season tickets this season how many does anyone think we will get for next season.We have a decent squad now but with 4-6 additions we should be looking at automatic promotion play offs at least.Nigel is one of the best managers in the EFL I would expect 2500-3000 season ticket holders next season at least.

Will depend on the covid restriction situation also... Potentially capacity could be massively cut meaning that season tickets could be restricted to a certain amount of people only.... Unless they make it so you can only attend if you have a season ticket AND a vaccine certificate!.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:35 am

geoffhill wrote:As we had around 1500 season tickets this season how many does anyone think we will get for next season.We have a decent squad now but with 4-6 additions we should be looking at automatic promotion play offs at least.Nigel is one of the best managers in the EFL I would expect 2500-3000 season ticket holders next season at least.

"Should be looking at automatic promotion, play offs at least"

This blind expectation that we will keep going from avoiding relegation with three games to spare to being outright champions is hilarious and part of the problem some will never be satisfied.

This time may be an exception as we have a great manager, but I'd be saying there will be a small increase in season tickets and a steady improvement on the pitch with a much improved state come the end of the season for sure.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:49 pm

I see nothing to fear in this league, we are up there with our fan base, and Mansfield expects next year , we will be a scalp and will have to dig out results in very competitive, and congested pitch, Like Scunthorpe they will play containing football and rely on set pieces, in many games patience will be needed.
Clougjh will know with his budget, and will not put the club at risk, it might take next season, or the season after, this is the easiest league to get out off
Looking at least top 10 sprinkled with a good cup run, We will move forward as a club, not to fail and have over spent.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:04 pm

I am a glass half full person unlike sedgwick.I have watched every game this season and we have, apart from a very few games been in with a good chance of victory.There was no outstanding team in this league and if as I expect Nigel brings in 4-6 good signings that will be better than the ones he lets go then I see no reason why we will not be at least a top seven side next season.Although we have not been able to watch live games I have looked forward to the televised matches.Hopefully we will be able to attend live games next season.If we cannot then as a season ticket holder I will watch all the home games and pay £10 for the away games.I normally go to the majority of away games anyway.Looking forward very much to next season.COYS.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:06 am

bear 73 wrote:I see nothing to fear in this league, we are up there with our fan base, and Mansfield expects next year , we will be a scalp and will have to dig out results in very competitive, and congested pitch, Like Scunthorpe they will play containing football and rely on set pieces, in many games patience will be needed.
Clougjh will know with his budget, and will not put the club at risk, it might take next season, or the season after, this is the easiest league to get out off
Looking at least top 10 sprinkled with a good cup run, We will move forward as a club, not to fail and have over spent.

:lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:13 am

I'm expecting top at least and a Wembley trip in the FA Cup semis
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:35 am

They can now start selling season tickets with a refund option if Covid kicks off again

Hopefully back to our original seats.

I would still prefer the option of watching away games on TV even at the full gate price. Safer, greener and cheaper.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue May 04, 2021 11:28 am

Not Stags or L2 related, but thought it interesting to see what announcements have been made in L1 so far summarised in one place.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Tue May 04, 2021 11:42 am

Burton...wow.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue May 04, 2021 5:02 pm

Clearly it would be ridiculous to increase prices right now.

Sadly, season tickets and pricing (especially for kids) is the one area where the radfords have really failed.

Hopefully they’ll be some common sense this time round
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue May 04, 2021 6:13 pm

I’m not so sure there will be an increase in sales.

A couple of fans I know who have had season tickets and hospitality for a number of years have decided they haven’t missed it much and won’t be renewing. I think this could be the same for a number of fans who have found other things to do with their families on a Saturday.

Football is a habit for many and once a fan loses the habit it’s hard to get them back.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue May 04, 2021 7:03 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I’m not so sure there will be an increase in sales.

A couple of fans I know who have had season tickets and hospitality for a number of years have decided they haven’t missed it much and won’t be renewing. I think this could be the same for a number of fans who have found other things to do with their families on a Saturday.

Football is a habit for many and once a fan loses the habit it’s hard to get them back.

We’ve been in lockdown for most of the time we haven’t been allowed in grounds. What possible could they have found to do?!
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue May 04, 2021 7:42 pm

I'm sure season ticket sales will do very well this year, you have the Clough impact, the fact that I think most of us can see the squad is getting there and of course we have all been starved of live football this season. I hope the club finally listen on junior pricing, something they have had wrong for years.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue May 04, 2021 7:57 pm

James wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I’m not so sure there will be an increase in sales.

We’ve been in lockdown for most of the time we haven’t been allowed in grounds. What possible could they have found to do?!

Spend time together,, walk the dog, get on their bike, taken up dominoes or maybe just talked.

Whatever it is those two have said they won’t be coming back. If we have a good season they may well buy tickets on a regular basis for all I know but they won’t be buying season tickets this year.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Tue May 04, 2021 8:06 pm

The iFollow experience has been a lifeline. If this had happened 10 years ago it would have been enormously frustrating, but being able to watch every match live on TV has been fantastic.

Having said that, it puts into perspective why a football fan like me actually goes to live matches. The TV experience is like an academic exercise; you get a good (if flat) view of the match play, but there's no "matchday experience". I know that many people call themselves fans of various clubs even though they rarely turn a stile on match day.
The buzz of a stadium is sorely missed. The build up includes finding somewhere to park, perhaps, seeing the stream of people heading towards the distant floodlights, the smell of frying sausage and onions, meeting up at the pub, the green of the pitch, the hubbub of fans building up in the stands, the PA system, the struggle to a cold, cramped and uncomfortable seat...often the actual game is the least memorable part. The experience is what you get addicted to, and if there are memorable matches you can say that you were there.

If we had nothing but televised matches to look forward to I'm sure that season tickets would eventually nosedive, so I'm pleased that, fingers crossed, we'll be using them next season for the whole experience. I'll be grabbing mine as soon as it's available.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue May 04, 2021 8:13 pm

Bradders wrote:The iFollow experience has been a lifeline. If this had happened 10 years ago it would have been enormously frustrating, but being able to watch every match live on TV has been fantastic.

Having said that, it puts into perspective why a football fan like me actually goes to live matches. The TV experience is like an academic exercise; you get a good (if flat) view of the match play, but there's no "matchday experience". I know that many people call themselves fans of various clubs even though they rarely turn a stile on match day.
The buzz of a stadium is sorely missed. The build up includes finding somewhere to park, perhaps, seeing the stream of people heading towards the distant floodlights, the smell of frying sausage and onions, meeting up at the pub, the green of the pitch, the hubbub of fans building up in the stands, the PA system, the struggle to a cold, cramped and uncomfortable seat...often the actual game is the least memorable part. The experience is what you get addicted to, and if there are memorable matches you can say that you were there.

If we had nothing but televised matches to look forward to I'm sure that season tickets would eventually nosedive, so I'm pleased that, fingers crossed, we'll be using them next season for the whole experience. I'll be grabbing mine as soon as it's available.

I think I've most missed the feeling of desperation and loss at 5pm on a Saturday. As you say, it is the experience rather than the match, the catch up with people you only ever see at the match, the quip from the stands and, rarely, the joy of a goal! Like you first chance we get my son and I will be getting our tickets, we've not bothered the last couple of seasons as we've enjoyed sitting in different positions around the ground, but we've decided to have tickets next season, lets hope we don't get sat next to one or two of the board members on here!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 pm

Rob wrote:
Bradders wrote:The iFollow experience has been a lifeline. If this had happened 10 years ago it would have been enormously frustrating, but being able to watch every match live on TV has been fantastic.

I think I've most missed the feeling of desperation and loss at 5pm on a Saturday. As you say, it is the experience rather than the match, the catch up with people you only ever see at the match, the quip from the stands and, rarely, the joy of a goal! Like you first chance we get my son and I will be getting our tickets, we've not bothered the last couple of seasons as we've enjoyed sitting in different positions around the ground, but we've decided to have tickets next season, lets hope we don't get sat next to one or two of the board members on here!

‘So Rob, if you look at the xG table we’re the best team in the league.....’ :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue May 04, 2021 10:41 pm

It’s more about seeing your ‘football family’ that you wouldn’t get to see for the rest of the week. That’s what always did it for me. I really miss that while sitting pitch side as it can be a very lonely place at times.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue May 04, 2021 10:49 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:

‘So Rob, if you look at the xG table we’re the best team in the league.....’ :lol:

:lol: More irritating would be those who get joy from slagging off our own players. We've all sat next to them, sadly.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed May 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:

:lol: More irritating would be those who get joy from slagging off our own players. We've all sat next to them, sadly.

i think that’s the benefit of this though, if you’re going to slag off players or disagree with different fans don’t do it to the players there, though alex macdonald usually sorely tested me :lol:

One thing we do agree on though is tickets, especially for children - sadly the radfords have been really poor on this and this could be real opportunity to get fans in the ground.

We could have a really decent season next term and the appetite for live football across the board will be ripe, they should be doing all they can harness this.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed May 05, 2021 8:36 pm

Dan wrote:It’s more about seeing your ‘football family’ that you wouldn’t get to see for the rest of the week. That’s what always did it for me. I really miss that while sitting pitch side as it can be a very lonely place at times.

This is so true Dan. There are folks at the game whose name you might not know, but have more conversations with them in a month than you do some family members in a year.

In what other setting do your share an emotional connection with so many people, who you know nothing more about?
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed May 05, 2021 8:42 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:
Dan wrote:It’s more about seeing your ‘football family’ that you wouldn’t get to see for the rest of the week. That’s what always did it for me. I really miss that while sitting pitch side as it can be a very lonely place at times.

This is so true Dan. There are folks at the game whose name you might not know, but have more conversations with them in a month than you do some family members in a year.

In what other setting do your share an emotional connection with so many people, who you know nothing more about?

Nothing compares to the feeling of being sat in that ground watching the team you love, surrounded by folk who feel the same. I can’t wait for next season.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed May 05, 2021 10:17 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:

And hugging complete strangers as you share in that moment of ecstasy.

Spot on about not knowing names. When I was club photographer at Field Mill I knew everyone’s face especially at away games when usually we took one coach! But I hardly knew any names. The sad thing was that I only found out their name when they passed away because people put things on here or social media. Although I love my job I’ll never forget things like jumping on the fence at Scunny to celebrate with Stanty as we thrashed them 4-1.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum