{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: iFollow customer service or lack of

Postby fromestag » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:53 pm

Had a similar experience myself when I complained after the FGR away game as there was no picture at the start of the match for 20 mins or so. It was o.k. for the rest of the match; the highlight being the chap wiping the rain from the camera with his hanky.!. However, submitted a complaint to ifollow, expecting a refund, or a voucher for a free game, because of the poor service, but just got a one line apology along the lines of ‘O.K then. Bye. See Ya.’ I haven’t used the video pass service since.
fromestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:41 pm

Chadman wrote:I have insisted I was not the only one on a reply and said the club know there was an issue..

"I get back . . .Unfortunately, as explained previously we did not encounter any issues during the live game and there has been no reports including the issue mentioned in your email.

If the game froze or was out of sync it can be due to the internet connection or the device."

So it was all our internet connections and devices that were to blame.

Hi Chadman
My response email was from 'Gemma'
who said and I quote
We are now aware of the cause of the issue and preventative measures and fixes have been implemented to stop this from happening again.
If you have any issues like this during the next live game please contact us via the live chat option on the club's website and we will endeavour to resolve this as soon as possible
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:13 pm

Chadman wrote:Interesting - I emailed iFollow after Saturday's shambles when the commentary was out of sync with the picture and I knew everything that was about to happen on screen and have essentially been told I am a liar and there were no issues. No - 'none we were aware of' or 'we will investigate further' that I would expect - just the below.

Instead they said: "We are able to confirm that you accessed the entire live game without any issues via your Windows pc/laptop. We can confirm as well that we did not have any issues during the live game."

Bloody disgraceful.

The 2 times I had dealings with them they were very helpful.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:58 am

Chadman wrote:I have insisted I was not the only one on a reply and said the club know there was an issue..

"I get back . . .Unfortunately, as explained previously we did not encounter any issues during the live game and there has been no reports including the issue mentioned in your email.

If the game froze or was out of sync it can be due to the internet connection or the device."

So it was all our internet connections and devices that were to blame.

Big yella has been telling us this for months ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:27 pm

Chadman... surely you could have worked from home putting articles together? Am I missing something or has the world gone totally mad?
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby chip63 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:24 pm

FarnieStag wrote:Chadman... surely you could have worked from home putting articles together? Am I missing something or has the world gone totally mad?

They only have one typewriter and it's too heavy to move around. :D
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:43 pm

Simples... get youself some IPTV chadman.

Every football game in the world for free... Movies... PPV events... Netflix series all for £62 a year.

services like sky, ifollow etc do not care about you...Hit these soul less, money grabbing companies were it hurts!

IN THE POCKET
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby part time pete » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:44 pm

Chadman wrote:Interesting - I emailed iFollow after Saturday's shambles when the commentary was out of sync with the picture and I knew everything that was about to happen on screen and have essentially been told I am a liar and there were no issues. No - 'none we were aware of' or 'we will investigate further' that I would expect - just the below.

Instead they said: "We are able to confirm that you accessed the entire live game without any issues via your Windows pc/laptop. We can confirm as well that we did not have any issues during the live game."

Bloody disgraceful.

Interestingly tonight while watch BT sports (Leicester vs WBA ) on my virgin media TV set up their commentary (John Helm?) was in front of the video. I couldn’t believe it.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:00 pm

It was Darren Fletcher and I thought the same thing. You knew Leicester had scored before it hit the back of the net. Very off putting.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:10 pm

part time pete wrote:

Bloody disgraceful.

Interestingly tonight while watch BT sports (Leicester vs WBA ) on my virgin media TV set up their commentary (John Helm?) was in front of the video. I couldn’t believe it.

Same here Pete.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:21 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:Simples... get youself some IPTV chadman.

Every football game in the world for free... Movies... PPV events... Netflix series all for £62 a year.

services like sky, ifollow etc do not care about you...Hit these soul less, money grabbing companies were it hurts!

IN THE POCKET

So now it as gone from you depriving MTFC funds by not paying through ifollow ,telling others to do the same .

You are shameful . :roll: :crazy:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:48 am

yellowstagsfan wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Apologies again, as I said on Saturday in multiple places including on Stagsnet, on social media, and again I apologised on commentary last night.

Too right Martin you did but you shouldn't have to Chadman is right there is a lack of Customer service and support

Your right he shouldn't have to apologise for their crap service. However, he does owe one to those of us he has spent 3 games short of a season that it's been our fault, we logged in wrong, used the wrong server, our broadband is crap blah blah blah. (Any of those excuses seem very similar to the ones ifollow have been giving out.)

Yet now it's a fellow member of the press complaining it suddenly is ifollow's problem, and he's not a liar with a cheap shoddy broadband and too clueless to work it properly.

I suppose it would have nothing to do with him defending the service that has got him and his mate in to see every game live. whilst we all sat at home putting up with the rubbish served up.

The kind of answers chadman got is the kind we have been getting, when your lucky enough to get one, all season and Martin has defended them at every turn. (Awaits the 'don't dare call out St. Martin' replies.)
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:04 am

Big yella wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Apologies again, as I said on Saturday in multiple places including on Stagsnet, on social media, and again I apologised on commentary last night.

Too right Martin you did but you shouldn't have to Chadman is right there is a lack of Customer service and support

Your right he shouldn't have to apologise for their crap service. However, he does owe one to those of us he has spent 3 games short of a season that it's been our fault, we logged in wrong, used the wrong server, our broadband is crap blah blah blah. (Any of those excuses seem very similar to the ones ifollow have been giving out.)

Yet now it's a fellow member of the press complaining it suddenly is ifollow's problem, and he's not a liar with a cheap shoddy broadband and too clueless to work it properly.

I suppose it would have nothing to do with him defending the service that has got him and his mate in to see every game live. whilst we all sat at home putting up with the rubbish served up.

The kind of answers chadman got is the kind we have been getting, when your lucky enough to get one, all season and Martin has defended them at every turn. (Awaits the 'don't dare call out St. Martin' replies.)

Get over yourself, they will or have sorted it.

We will see or hear tomorrow.

There are bigger problems in this World to worry about.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:43 pm

Big yella wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:

Except it wasn't just John's problem, it was an issue across the board on this occasion with the commentary ahead of the picture. Completely different to any individual having connectivity problems.

The customer service of iFollow is a whole other issue, but not one I have had to experience fortunately.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:48 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:

Except it wasn't just John's problem, it was an issue across the board on this occasion with the commentary ahead of the picture. Completely different to any individual having connectivity problems.

The customer service of iFollow is a whole other issue, but not one I have had to experience fortunately.

And all the other times when numerous people complain about the same issue, no picture, wrong commentary, getting kicked out, etc. etc. ?
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:49 pm

I have watched around 145 League 2 games on ifollow this season and the coverage has been very good for all the clubs. I've really enjoyed it.

There was a slight delay on the Stevenage game but it wasn't too bad. You could just turn the sound down if you were bothered by it.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:15 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I have watched around 145 League 2 games on ifollow this season and the coverage has been very good for all the clubs. I've really enjoyed it.

There was a slight delay on the Stevenage game but it wasn't too bad. You could just turn the sound down if you were bothered by it.

Yeah, that's it. Pay for the service and then when you only get half of it, shut up and accept it. Is that the service your clients accept Tippy?
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:34 am

Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:

And all the other times when numerous people complain about the same issue, no picture, wrong commentary, getting kicked out, etc. etc. ?

As I said, those are issues for the individual rather than a problem with the broadcast.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:01 am

You can only describe it as you find it and the ifollow service has been very good for me watching League 2 games on my desktop PC.

It is also completely unfair to blame Martin for anything. Martin does not work for ifollow but he has gone out of his way and done his best to help fans with tech issues.

Most of the money we pay to ifollow to watch games also goes to the club so we have been helping the club financially by watching on ifollow.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:38 am

I to have had problems with ifollow, and Martin took time out to try to help me, The service leaves a lot to be desired, while looking at the whole picture it has enabled me to follow football which has been a life line during the pandemic, and still put much needed cash into Mansfield Town , So its a plus from me until something better comes along.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:57 pm

Having sound problems, anyone elses sound breaking up?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:58 pm

yes I have texted Marty
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:00 pm

Mine went ok ,now gone back to norman collier style commentary ,and just as i type it sounds ok again
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby diablo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:01 pm

There was a sound isue today..totally goobley gook , I just turned off the commentary and watched...no problem..turned it on near the end it was ok..just grateful, but not enjoyable from the football perspective, that we have been able to watch the Stags all Season..probably be the first and last Season I get to watch all 46 League games
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:39 pm

apologies for the sound issues before the game started. Had to re-dial about 5 times, but finally we were fine just in time for kick-off.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum