{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: iFollow, including new App

Postby oldweststander » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:48 am

Sue wrote:Can anyone help, please? I have no problem accessing the match video from the app on my phone, but when I connect it to my tv, I get the commentary on the tv but the picture only on my phone. Very puzzling. My broadband is dodgy and I’m changing the provider. Would that help?

I invested £30 in a Chromecast device.
You plug it into an HDMI input on your tv, follow the very simple instructions and your phone/tablet connects via your house WiFi.

Touch wood, never failed me yet?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:37 am

I’m very grateful for iFollow in all honesty. This will probably be the most games I’ve ever watched in a Stags season.

A couple of times I’ve had an issue with connecting laptop to tv so I’ve had to watch on my phone instead but that’s not really a problem.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:39 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I’m very grateful for iFollow in all honesty. This will probably be the most games I’ve ever watched in a Stags season.

A couple of times I’ve had an issue with connecting laptop to tv so I’ve had to watch on my phone instead but that’s not really a problem.

Me too. When I first used it I was dreading it having seen all the comments on here but it’s been a joy to use. All I do is click on the link the club put on Twitter advertising the game for £10 on my Mac which takes me to the club website. Then I pay my tenner, go to next match, click the play button and boom there we go. I use chrome too if that helps.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:05 pm

i have had my share of problems with ifollow, and Martin was a great help and now all is fine, being a supporter of a football club, means to support.
Money is the key, in professional football, and how the club evolves even the best run clubs the finances are key, gate receipts today are a small proportion of the net spend
but still remain a vital source of income, Climbing over a fence to watch for free, we smile when kids do it, but when adults , to deprive your club of vital income, is low.
Dont watch if you are not prepared to pay, and if you miss the match day experience , we then realize the buzz from supporting YOUR club
We cannot discuss the future of our club if we do not support it, Sorry but this takes cash, watching for free, if we all did it, oh dear no club
On ifollow i can watch 2 games cheaper than one, and for family's this is a cracking deal good luck to them
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Sue » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:15 pm

Thanks for all the helpful advice, guys. I hope your comments are truly tongue-in-cheek, Big Yella!
Sue
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Big yella » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:15 pm

Sue wrote:Thanks for all the helpful advice, guys. I hope your comments are truly tongue-in-cheek, Big Yella!

Not one bit. It’s an awful service as all monopolies turn out to be. You have no other choice so they give you the cheapest scankiest service they can.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:35 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:58 pm

Anyones gone off?
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:04 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:Anyones gone off?

Yes mines off
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby victor A block » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:05 pm

black screen here. Terrible system.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:28 pm

victor A block wrote:black screen here. Terrible system.

Working now.. First 12 mins black screen of death
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:43 pm

Yeh needed a few refreshes
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:48 pm

Mine had us still out warming up when when we we’re already 1-0 up. And yes Martin I had tried refreshing and clicking the go live button. But, no doubt it is everyone else’s fault they’ve had problems, not ifollow’s.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:58 pm

I just use another browser ,not firefox or google ,brilliant not missed a moment,microsoft edge
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

iFollow customer service or lack of

Postby Chadman » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:58 am

Interesting - I emailed iFollow after Saturday's shambles when the commentary was out of sync with the picture and I knew everything that was about to happen on screen and have essentially been told I am a liar and there were no issues. No - 'none we were aware of' or 'we will investigate further' that I would expect - just the below.

Instead they said: "We are able to confirm that you accessed the entire live game without any issues via your Windows pc/laptop. We can confirm as well that we did not have any issues during the live game."

Bloody disgraceful.
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Re: iFollow customer service or lack of

Postby Spiritater » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:05 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: Great service :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:13 pm

It was out of sync for most of us and so bad I had to turn the commentary off.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:26 pm

Rob wrote:It was out of sync for most of us and so bad I had to turn the commentary off.

Same, I think it was up until the goal.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:31 pm

I also emailed them to complain and received a reply acknowledging the issues and telling me to contact them by 'Live chat ' if any further issues
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:31 pm

Apologies about this again, it was very annoying, as I said on Saturday including on Stagsnet, on social media, and again I apologised on commentary last night.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:35 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:Apologies again, as I said on Saturday in multiple places including on Stagsnet, on social media, and again I apologised on commentary last night.

Too right Martin you did but you shouldn't have to Chadman is right there is a lack of Customer service and support
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:07 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Apologies again, as I said on Saturday in multiple places including on Stagsnet, on social media, and again I apologised on commentary last night.

Too right Martin you did but you shouldn't have to Chadman is right there is a lack of Customer service and support

I agree, it isn't Martins fault or his job to apologise, unless of course he can see two seconds into the future!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:20 pm

When I had a problem Ifollow customer Services responded and sorted out my issue.
Not consistent it seems.

Funny that Chadman is complaining about media issues, maybe he should complain more to Johnsons Press about the quality and content of a once good newspaper, the Chad.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Chadman » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:19 pm

Definitely not Martin's fault in anyway, but to tell me there were no issues but acknowledge them to someone else is so annoying!

Oldweststander - hi there. I agree with the drop in quality and resources Chad had suffered. All the years I had worked there I had seen the changes believe me.

But the good news is we now have brand new owners of Johnston Press who want to do things much more locally instead of the way they'd been going - centrally and nationally.

Plus yours truly has just had a year off kicking my heels on furlough and no one to properly concentrate on Stags.

So I hope/know you are seeing an improvement already with much more to come.
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby Chadman » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:52 pm

I have insisted I was not the only one on a reply and said the club know there was an issue..

"I get back . . .Unfortunately, as explained previously we did not encounter any issues during the live game and there has been no reports including the issue mentioned in your email.

If the game froze or was out of sync it can be due to the internet connection or the device."

So it was all our internet connections and devices that were to blame.
Chadman
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum