{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning run .

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:54 pm

Spiritater wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:
part time pete wrote:I see we won 0.8 to 0.4 xG at Exeter and are sixth in the xG table.

https://experimental361.com/2021/04/06/ ... -apr-2021/

The XG data this season is providing sound support for what a few on here keep saying.

We are not far off a playoff side already. The main reason we are not already competing for a place is that we don’t score enough. The XG data shows that this is more to do with poor finishing than not creating chances.

We also concede more than we should, which is generally down to silly mistakes as opposed to being out played. In fact I can’t think of
Anyone out playing is since Clough came in?

We could plug a decent goalkeeper and a good striker into current side and be playoff contenders. I fancy Nigel will go beyond this and that’s why I fancy is to be right up there next season.

Talk of a complete overall is silly imo

Silly mistakes are the malaise of our whole defensive line on the whole. A new keeper would be hung out to dry the same as poor Aiden has this season. Sweens, Rawson, Gordon all are accidents waiting to happen. Nigel I think wants better as he knows they have no consistency, alluded as much in his post match. We should be looking for better than Bowery and Reid. Bowery again just does not pose enough poke up front for me, whereas Reid well...

There is something offered by Bowery in his great touch but he would have to be paired with a 20+ goal a season striker. If he was then i think he would add more than Danny Rose in his 7 - 10 goal seasons
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:14 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:
part time pete wrote:I see we won 0.8 to 0.4 xG at Exeter and are sixth in the xG table.

https://experimental361.com/2021/04/06/ ... -apr-2021/

The XG data this season is providing sound support for what a few on here keep saying.

We are not far off a playoff side already. The main reason we are not already competing for a place is that we don’t score enough. The XG data shows that this is more to do with poor finishing than not creating chances.

We also concede more than we should, which is generally down to silly mistakes as opposed to being out played. In fact I can’t think of
Anyone out playing is since Clough came in?

We could plug a decent goalkeeper and a good striker into current side and be playoff contenders. I fancy Nigel will go beyond this and that’s why I fancy is to be right up there next season.

Talk of a complete overall is silly imo

Silly mistakes are the malaise of our whole defensive line on the whole. A new keeper would be hung out to dry the same as poor Aiden has this season. Sweens, Rawson, Gordon all are accidents waiting to happen. Nigel I think wants better as he knows they have no consistency, alluded as much in his post match. We should be looking for better than Bowery and Reid. Bowery again just does not pose enough poke up front for me, whereas Reid well...

There is something offered by Bowery in his great touch but he would have to be paired with a 20+ goal a season striker. If he was then i think he would add more than Danny Rose in his 7 - 10 goal seasons

I agree about Bowery and Rawson has, for the past few months, been excellent. Gordon has continuously been played out of position, but even so some of his mistakes have been awful. I like Sweeney and think he just had a bad patch. Reid has been given ample opportunity and has failed to grasp it.

As the moustache man says, we definitely need two strikers and a more reliable keeper as the absolute priority but massive clear out, probably not.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:01 pm

bear 73 wrote:Spiritater my post is simple , this is hard to read, Move along nothing for us here, Another toothless attacking display, we will gift them goals.
Wrong, wrong, wrong,, rather negative young man, What i can say is the players are giving 100%,, perhaps you could try to be positive

That’s just a big word salad. Spiro is right. You post like Yoda
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:06 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Spiritater my post is simple , this is hard to read, Move along nothing for us here, Another toothless attacking display, we will gift them goals.
Wrong, wrong, wrong,, rather negative young man, What i can say is the players are giving 100%,, perhaps you could try to be positive

I'm absolutely howling at the Yoda comment :lol: :lol: :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:46 pm

Naughty that is :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:28 am

Spiritater wrote:
Walton Stag wrote:I’m going to put my head above the parapet here with tin hat firmly fixed and suggest that Aiden Stone will be our number one choice next year and, in time, will be sold for a large fee. He is an excellent shot stopper (two fantastic saves against Exeter and Forest Green recently) and his catching of high crosses is also very good. His general kicking can be long and accurate but he is let down at the moment by his kicking of pass backs, particularly with his wrong foot. This can be helped by reducing the number of back passes and also by balls being played to his strong foot.

A goalkeeper’s main job is to keep the ball out of the net. I personally think he does OK at this.

I've felt more confident with Stone in goal than Stech, obviously Nige feels the same.

Been saying it for weeks but others know better
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby James » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:19 am

Stone will have to improve his kicking if he's ever to make it at any level.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:04 am

bellwhiff wrote:

You cannot help your self, belly is this about football or personal , why i respect Martin your name calling will not upset me, and retaliation is coming, broomo cannot be bothered with name calling on a football forum, so a intelligent poster is lost,
To call me legendary is going to far, while the force is with me that is true,
being wise and powerful, [ i think is Martin ] and immortality is beyond me. But watching a club evolve i have seen before, have you.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:20 am

We’ve had consistent performances from Rawson under Clough, not fair to Chuck him with Sweeney and Gordon.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:53 pm

bear 73 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

You cannot help your self, belly is this about football or personal , why i respect Martin your name calling will not upset me, and retaliation is coming, broomo cannot be bothered with name calling on a football forum, so a intelligent poster is lost,
being wise and powerful, [ i think is Martin ] and immortality is beyond me. But watching a club evolve i have seen before, have you.

Sorry ? I think you’re asking if I’ve ever seen us play ?
The answer is yes, 1970. First game of the season.

Have you ever stepped foot in FM as a home supporter ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:08 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

If you were a genuine member of this forum, then i would talk football and my experience, but most of your posts are not about football, but the poster, confrontation is your strategy
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:55 pm

bear 73 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

If you were a genuine member of this forum, then i would talk football and my experience, but most of your posts are not about football, but the poster, confrontation is your strategy

So the answer is no. I’m more a genuine member of this forum than you. You aren’t a Stags fan.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:08 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

If you were a genuine member of this forum, then i would talk football and my experience, but most of your posts are not about football, but the poster, confrontation is your strategy[/quote]
So the answer is no. I’m more a genuine member of this forum than you. You aren’t a Stags fan.[/quote]

He offers more than you do tbh... Can you go a day without crying about something?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:34 pm

Hahaha. Nice try.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:35 pm

that's enough please. Can all users post about the Stags or League Two, not about other forum users. Thanks.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:45 am

:( :( just opened a bumper bag of popcorn too :(
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:34 am

Oh a thread hijacked by Belly arguing with someone again. Mad that.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:45 am

Hjeldefan wrote:Oh a thread hijacked by Belly arguing with someone again. Mad that.

Can we create a thread just for him :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:17 am

James wrote:Stone will have to improve his kicking if he's ever to make it at any level.

We will have to improve the pitch to improve stones kicking
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:00 pm

daddycool wrote:
James wrote:Stone will have to improve his kicking if he's ever to make it at any level.

He's been just as bad in the away games.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:13 pm

James wrote:
daddycool wrote:

Fair point
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:07 pm

daddycool wrote:
James wrote:
daddycool wrote:

Fair point

When I asked Murray about Studer who I thought looked a good keeper they said they had done everything with him but his kicking never improved so couldn't go forwards with him, other than that he was good enough.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:45 pm

If you can play football you don't go in goal, can't remember what manager said you have to be crazy to become a goal keeper, they are a bit better protected nowadays though and even wear gloves.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:58 pm

James wrote:
daddycool wrote:

To be fair so have the pitches.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum