{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tonight's games (6th April)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tonight's games

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:59 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Emile Acquah is only 20 and a bit of a unit. Still plenty of time for him to come good.

I know he's only 20. I don't see any promise in him though. He might have more of a chance to do better for them in the Conference, in the likely event that they go down.

He's big and strong and can hold the ball up. He's the type of young player who could drop down into the National League and do well and make his way back up again.

£5 says he doesn't play in the EFL again after this season Darren.

OK.....Come on Southend. Beat Col U!
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: Tonight's games (6th April)

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:29 am

Carlisle United 2 Scunthorpe United 0

Carlisle score two more goals from corners via Callum Guy and John Mellish. The second one was second phase.

Callum Guy now has 11 assists for league goals and I think most are from corners or free kicks. Mellish has also scored a fair few of his 10 league goals from set pieces. Not the most skillful of midfield players (converted from a defender) but he knows where the net is.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:03 pm

Another game gone but still hard to feel safe, bottom two keep picking up points and putting pressure on the clubs above them, this is squeaky bum time and the pressure is on.
Not a time to go on a bad run, i can feel the tension.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:10 pm

bear 73 wrote:Another game gone but still hard to feel safe, bottom two keep picking up points and putting pressure on the clubs above them, this is squeaky bum time and the pressure is on.

Worrying thing is thou i just cant see were our next win is coming from!.. A decent run in from southend or Colchester could spell trouble.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:36 pm

It would take an incredible run from either side in the bottom two to catch us now. And we will get at least another 3pts from our last 6
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:39 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Another game gone but still hard to feel safe, bottom two keep picking up points and putting pressure on the clubs above them, this is squeaky bum time and the pressure is on.

Worrying thing is thou i just cant see were our next win is coming from!.. A decent run in from southend or Colchester could spell trouble.

Friday night ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:12 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:It would take an incredible run from either side in the bottom two to catch us now. And we will get at least another 3pts from our last 6

You seem highly confident that we can achieve 3pts :lol:

Grimsby are doomed i agree... However i think southend are capable of a decent run
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby smulls » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:19 pm

Callum Guy is ex-Ram youth player who knows Rawson and Gordon very well and has played during Nigel Clough reign as a Rams manager. Hopefully Nigel is interested on him!
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:28 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:It would take an incredible run from either side in the bottom two to catch us now. And we will get at least another 3pts from our last 6

You seem highly confident that we can achieve 3pts :lol:

Grimsby are doomed i agree... However i think southend are capable of a decent run

That’s based on our worst return from any six game period during the season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby fox in the box » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:34 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:

It would need a decent run from both of them though. And they still have to play each other
fox in the box
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:48 pm

Calm yourself you must.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:53 am

smulls wrote:Callum Guy is ex-Ram youth player who knows Rawson and Gordon very well and has played during Nigel Clough reign as a Rams manager. Hopefully Nigel is interested on him!

That's a good spot Smulls. Wikipedia says Callum Guy comes from Nottingham and as you say he was at Derby under Clough. It looks like his contract at Carlisle expires at the end of the season but Carlisle have an option on him.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:33 am

smulls wrote:Callum Guy is ex-Ram youth player who knows Rawson and Gordon very well and has played during Nigel Clough reign as a Rams manager. Hopefully Nigel is interested on him!

That's a good spot Smulls. Wikipedia says Callum Guy comes from Nottingham and as you say he was at Derby under Clough. It looks like his contract at Carlisle expires at the end of the season but Carlisle have an option on him.
Is he a striker?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:41 am

He's mainly played as centre midfield/holding midfield player for Carlisle. He's a good player.

Described as a box to box midfield player who covers every blade of grass so would fit in with NC's playing style. Very good at set pieces. He's Carlisle's top rated player on whoscored and currently in their team of the season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:33 am

bellwhiff wrote:

Calm yourself you must.

:lol: now that’s funny
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:16 pm

I think with the option the player has to agree to it? Could see him being a great signing.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:43 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

I think with the option the player has to agree to it? Could see him being a great signing.

Is he related to a former Rainworth MW player?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:45 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

I could be wrong but I don’t think they do. If the club have the option, then it is complete their choice. We did it with CJ last season so we could secure a fee for him.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum