{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Andy Cook, joins Bradford on loan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Andy Cook, joins Bradford on loan

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:03 pm

chip63 wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Can see him returning...

Rose has scored just 19 goals over the last 3 seasons (19 in 99 games). We can do better I think. I’d also like to have a striker who can actually strike a ball properly, Rose struggles in the kicking a football hard department.

Coventry away?

Don't want him back though, let's move on.

It was MacDonald who scored at Coventry.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:33 am

I was there and always thought it was Rose, a fantastic shot from outside the box.
I've never been good at remembering games I've watched, it amazes me how some can recall nearly every detail.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:38 am

chip63 wrote:I was there and always thought it was Rose, a fantastic shot from outside the box.
I've never been good at remembering games I've watched, it amazes me how some can recall nearly every detail.

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bigalstag1 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:53 am

19 goals in 99 games. That would be fantasy land for Reid.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Tre Cool » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:23 am

I get the feeling Cook will be another Ollie Palmer who'll give the big one when he inevitably scores against us in the future.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:25 am

Tre Cool wrote:I get the feeling Cook will be another Ollie Palmer who'll give the big one when he inevitably scores against us in the future.

Would you blame him?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:52 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
chip63 wrote:I was there and always thought it was Rose, a fantastic shot from outside the box.

Better than I remembered, you don't have one of Rose hitting one like it do you?
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:03 am

Looking at the photo of Cook looking lean and fit from Bradford leaves me feeling highly resentful of the tub of lard I watched at One Call who couldn't be bothered to get fit on high wages.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:05 am

chip63 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Better than I remembered, you don't have one of Rose hitting one like it do you?

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby chip63 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:28 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:

Rose has scored just 19 goals over the last 3 seasons (19 in 99 games). We can do better I think. I’d also like to have a striker who can actually strike a ball properly, Rose struggles in the kicking a football hard department.

Carlisle away :D
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:55 am

chip63 wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:

Carlisle away :D

Doubt you were there that night, there were only 41 of us and ten of them were stewards from my head count.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:10 am

Well its nice to see 8 pages on a striker who is 30 years old and spent most of his career on loan and has had a career in lower league football his list of clubs is a credit to any portfolio
Carlisle, Grimsby, Barrow, Walsall, Workington, Tranmere, Mansfield paid est £150-000 for him in June 2019, while most of his career has been spent going out on loan or a free transfers
his current value est £45-000, with his high scoring record he joined Mansfield in league 2, played, 2019/20 and most of 2020/21, being in and out of the team.
We can say with authority the Championship as eluded him plus any major club, But he gets 8 pages on here, and if he is lucky he will still be in league 2 next year looking for a final pay day
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:28 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Tre Cool wrote:I get the feeling Cook will be another Ollie Palmer who'll give the big one when he inevitably scores against us in the future.

Would you blame him?
I see no reason why he would act like that. The Mansfield crowd have not been hostile to him. Unlike the insults some fans hurled at Ollie Palmer.

He is probably grateful Nigel Clough let him go to Bradford. I'm sure he's much happier there.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:22 pm

bear 73 wrote:Well its nice to see 8 pages on a striker who is 30 years old and spent most of his career on loan and has had a career in lower league football his list of clubs is a credit to any portfolio
Carlisle, Grimsby, Barrow, Walsall, Workington, Tranmere, Mansfield paid est £150-000 for him in June 2019, while most of his career has been spent going out on loan or a free transfers
his current value est £45-000, with his high scoring record he joined Mansfield in league 2, played, 2019/20 and most of 2020/21, being in and out of the team.
We can say with authority the Championship as eluded him plus any major club, But he gets 8 pages on here, and if he is lucky he will still be in league 2 next year looking for a final pay day

Cook will settle at a league side next season, probably end up at Bradford and will score goals.

Hes scored some cracking goals for us out of nothing... few goals come to mind where hes not really had a clear chance and put it in the net, usually off the bench. I liked him.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:33 pm

He nearly scored the goal of the season yesterday, hit the bar from about 40 yards.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:17 pm

Cook is a goalscorer.He is very good in the air but he like most strikers needs the service.I expect Bradford will sign him in the summer.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:39 pm

geoffhill wrote:Cook is a goalscorer.He is very good in the air but he like most strikers needs the service.I expect Bradford will sign him in the summer.
I hope so and that we get a bit of his original fee back. Poor JD signing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:25 pm

Cook was raspberry for us. Get over it
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:38 pm

Cook is a good striker at this level. Sadly while at the Stags he was under 2 awful managers and 1 who clearly doesn't want him.
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:39 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Cook was raspberry for us. Get over it

Agree. He did not want to be here.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:01 pm

The One wrote:

I think the loans of Cook and Maynard were very much driven by the need to constrain the budget. For the same reason of financial propriety, CJ and Rose were sold. Having said that, if Maynard or Cook had shown sufficient desire to play for the Club, I think at least one of them would still have been in Clough's squad.

Clough hasn't had much luck with his January signings as 2 of them have turned out to be at death's door.

In my humble opinion, we will avoid relegation with a few points to spare. Then, its really all down to some business being done in the summer together with a "normal" pre-season and some necessary improvement in performance from those players with a year left on their contracts.

Any speculation about Clough leaving is ridiculous. Keep the faith all you wobblers!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:32 pm

Still upset over Danny are we Jake ?
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:41 am

The One wrote:

Why would he come here if he didn’t want to be here? And don’t say money. He could easily have got a similar contract elsewhere. I’m sure it’s just the terrible management we’ve had. I wouldn’t be so sure he won’t be here next season either unless Bradford pay a decent transfer. It makes no sense to say he didn’t want to be here.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:43 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
The One wrote:

Why would he come here if he didn’t want to be here? And don’t say money. He could easily have got a similar contract elsewhere. I’m sure it’s just the terrible management we’ve had. I wouldn’t be so sure he won’t be here next season either unless Bradford pay a decent transfer. It makes no sense to say he didn’t want to be here.

They won’t need to pay a fee unless we activate the option on his contract.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:27 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
The One wrote:

They won’t need to pay a fee unless we activate the option on his contract.

Well that’s scuppered that then :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum