{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tranny Scorefred sponsored by closer to 50

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tranny Scorefred sponsored by closer to 50

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:17 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:54 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

I’m not so sure what they base their choices on. They have Otis Khan in the team despite being totally skinned by Mal Benning twice and losing his man on a number of occasions. We got right in behind them and a decent cross would probably have resulted in a goal. Maybe they only look at highlights or goals and take it from there.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:32 pm

Otis khan ,ive burned more grass than him ,and im a lazy retiree
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:20 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

I’m not so sure what they base their choices on. They have Otis Khan in the team despite being totally skinned by Mal Benning twice and losing his man on a number of occasions. We got right in behind them and a decent cross would probably have resulted in a goal. Maybe they only look at highlights or goals and take it from there.

Stats based. Looking at WhoScored’s numbers nothing stands out, but InStat use more in depths metrics.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:57 am

yellowstagsfan wrote:Stone is one of our most improved players. His kicking yesterday was poor but the pitch didn’t help, neither did the defence with awkward back passes under pressure on a difficult surface.
Some people have short memories. He was the ‘best thing since sliced bread’ the other night after a wonder save rescued a point. Leave the lad alone, he’ll be here next season either as No.1 or a very good No.2

He made a very good save v FGR . That's actually what he is there for though . He's also let a few in that more experienced top end league 2 keepers wouldn't see going past them . His kicking is poor and I've seen Conrad come for more crosses .
I agree we should retain him , but as a no 2 for another year . He could possibly end up our no 1 . But not yet . It's not the managers job to develop him above everything else . I'm pretty sure that would have been Cloughs plan anyway if Stech hadn't been so poor .
We don't want to be spending another season muddling around mid to lower table just to give him more experience .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:32 am

Aidan Stone has made fewer errors than Marek Stech this season so he is my No 1 choice at the moment.

I don't know how easy it will be to replace Marek Stech if he is on good money on a 2 year contract. There is always the possibility that he comes back to form next season.

Most League 2 keepers have dropped clangers this season including James McKeown, Scott Brown, Matty Gilks, Josh Griffiths (called up for England U21s), Shamal George, James Belshaw, Liam Roberts, Joel Dixon, Billy Crellin etc

Hladky at Salford City has probably been the best shot stopper.

I watched Exeter on Saturday and Jokull Andresson's kicking was awful. He is on loan from Reading.

Aidan Stone normally gets good distance on his kicks and they are more accurate than Stech's kicks. He has just started to miskick back passes in recent games but the pitches are probably to blame.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:31 pm

Tranmere Rovers captain Scott Davies will miss the rest of the season after rupturing his Achilles in their 1-1 draw with Mansfield Town on Saturday.

Rovers could also be without the 34-year-old goalkeeper for the beginning of next season.

Davies was stretchered off 13 minutes into the draw with Mansfield after he fell awkwardly collecting a cross.

"Our worst fears were realised. It's going to be a long recovery," boss Keith Hill told BBC Radio Merseyside.

"He needs surgery. He gets all of our support for a speedy recovery."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56589631
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum