{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tranny Scorefred sponsored by closer to 50

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tranny Scorefred sponsored by closer to 50

Postby Torrystag » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:15 pm

Says it all really ,when the nutts clownty lose ,post is higher than todays thread
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby northern stag » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:19 pm

That post match interview was as downbeat as I can remember from Nigel, he is very clearly frustrated by the repeated failings at both ends of the pitch
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:26 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:37 pm

Clough looks fed up, tired or both on that
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:43 pm

northern stag wrote:That post match interview was as downbeat as I can remember from Nigel, he is very clearly frustrated by the repeated failings at both ends of the pitch

Clough was fuming after the defeats at Harrogate, Barrow and Crawley. Absolutely steaming. He was very calm today by comparison, and much happier. When I chatted with him briefly afterwards, he was very happy to have Lapslie and Ollie Clarke back.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:44 pm

:D Got a look of a man who cannot wait for next season .

Bring is own players in to put right what is going wrong now .
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:53 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::D Got a look of a man who cannot wait for next season .

Bring is own players in to put right what is going wrong now .

To be fair to Nigel, most of us have the look of someone that can’t wait for next season and this to be over.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:50 pm

Oak Tree Stag wrote:We need a Keeper as much as priority as a Striker, that said, another encouraging performance, Clough showing that overall, he can get a tune out of team.

Correct . Neither are up to it . Confidence spreads from the back . First 3 signings . Goalkeeper and 2 strikers.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:59 pm

ParisStag wrote:That is filth from Nugent. He backed into Rawson, had a little look and then put an elbow into him. Old school lol

The Tranmere co-commentator and former player, Dave Higgins (mad as a box of frogs), said that Nugent "chalked up his elbow before swinging it at Rawson" and that he knew exactly what he was doing.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:00 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Brilliant strike by Quinn. He's had a few chances today. I really like him as a player.

He was my MOM today even before he scored. He played really well.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:03 am

daddycool wrote:I would take Harry Pell from Colchester ,decent all rounder

I don't think he runs enough for Nigel Clough.

I'm amazed Keith Curle has never tried to sign him.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:24 am

A well deserved bonus point for the Stags on their slow crawl to safety although it could have been three points if Jamie Reid had not missed his open goal in the 2nd half. On the other hand, Tranmere Rovers could also have won the game and they had the better chances to score particularly from Liam Feeney’s set pieces.

The game seemed to sum up Mansfield’s season with the Stags playing neat and tidy football but looking toothless up front and then being punished for some sloppy defending. Mansfield’s main threat in the 1st half seemed to come from Stephen Quinn, Mal “Banning”, Jordan Bowery and Jason Law combining down the left with Mal Benning ghosting past Otis Khan at right back on two occasions but not making the lost of the great positions he had got into. Jamie Reid seemed to have a decent penalty shout when he was barged over by George Ray and Farrend Rawson headed wide from a Mal Benning free kick. Good play from Quinn also created a good chance for Jason Law and a chance for himself but he fired a weak right foot shot at Murphy. The Stags then shot themselves in the foot in true Stags style by conceding a sloppy goal in the third minute of extra time. Kellan Gordon had already let Liam Feeney get in behind him on two occasions and this time he and George Maris should have blocked Kayne Woollery’s shot and Aidan Stone should not have been beaten on his near post.

I would have subbed Harry Charsley at half time as he was not in the game but Nigel Clough surprisingly subbed George Maris and Jordan Bowery instead with George Lapslie and Stephen McLaughlin coming on. A quick free kick allowed Jamie Reid to set up Kellan Gordon but he blasted wide and Quinn fired in a shot from a Mal Benning throw in. Charsley was eventually replaced by Ollie Clarke and he and Lapslie added some much needed drive and energy. Ollie Clarke’s shot after cutting inside fell nicely to Jamie Reid but he amazingly missed. Jason Law had another shot blocked and shot straight at the keeper after another good pass by Stephen Quinn and then Quinn’s shot from a Gordon cross hit Otis Khan on the arm but the ref waved away the penalty shouts. Tranmere had been given a similar penalty at Col U on Tuesday. I decided at this stage that it was not going to be our day and started wondering about whether we will be able to find a clinical striker for next season. Kellan Gordon was doing his best to make up for earlier errors and he was rewarded when his attack and cross from the right resulted in Stephen Quinn’s header bouncing back to Quinn off Spearing and Quinn volleying in a superb equaliser. I had already decided Quinn was MOM before this but his goal was the cherry on top. Ryan Sweeney came on as a sub and thankfully stayed clear of our area but did deliver a great cross from the left but there was only Reid in the area.

A great performance from Stephen Quinn. I also thought Mal Benning, Farrend Rawson and Jason Law played well and Ollie Clarke added some much needed energy when he came on in the 2nd half.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:34 am

Page 6 classic stagsnet bipolar :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:12 am

The One wrote:Play Sinclair forward can be no worse than non league Reid

And to think I was ridiculed for saying early season, 'he's non League for a reason'. ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:19 am

robbingdog wrote:That scouse commentator in the background is annoying

Hey, hey, hey, calm down lads, calm down. :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:40 am

The One wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
The One wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) Another good display and result , building something good for next season :clap:

Good fredding. Four on bounce :)

That is why we call you the Master :thumbup: :clap: :-D

Spiro thinks my surname is Bater silly man :D

Well done bud, let's see if you can magic some actual wins now like me and t'young apprentice have eh! ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:16 am

Spiritater wrote:
robbingdog wrote:That scouse commentator in the background is annoying

Hey, hey, hey, calm down lads, calm down. :lol:

I listen to away commentary when possible.The ex Tranmere Legend ( I missed his name ) co commentating was probably the most neutral I have heard in a long time.

Have to say that the scouse accent is terrible though mi duck
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:27 am

1.4 vs 1.3 on the xG. Spot on.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Paulstag » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:34 am

Spiritater wrote:
The One wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
The One wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::) Another good display and result , building something good for next season :clap:

Good fredding. Four on bounce :)

That is why we call you the Master :thumbup: :clap: :-D

Spiro thinks my surname is Bater silly man :D

Well done bud, let's see if you can magic some actual wins now like me and t'young apprentice have eh! ;)

Yes, we need to start seeing some wins from you.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby victor A block » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:41 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
ParisStag wrote:That is filth from Nugent. He backed into Rawson, had a little look and then put an elbow into him. Old school lol

The Tranmere co-commentator and former player, Dave Higgins (mad as a box of frogs), said that Nugent "chalked up his elbow before swinging it at Rawson" and that he knew exactly what he was doing.

I enjoyed his commentary . Heart on sleeve stuff but fair . The only bit he got wrong was when he made some reference to our lethal strike force . Do they have absinthe in their tea up there .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:49 am

I reckon Hill would have said to him "right get stripped, you're going on. I want you to nobble that big centre half who keeps winning everything. Let him know you're there."

Tbf I did chuckle because it's classic old fashioned football. You don't see it as much these days in the pro game. I used to do it as a centre forward in the Paris Sunday leagues :D Straight out the Vinnie Jones guide to sportsmanlike conduct, along with stepping on their toes as they jump for a corner and pulling their armpit hair when they raise their arms.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:08 am

MTFCMusings wrote:1.4 vs 1.3 on the xG. Spot on.

Slightly lower than I thought. I was thinking around 2-2.

Jamie Reid's chance rated at 0.35. I'd put it higher than that.

Stephen Quinn's goal rated at 0.25 which is probably too high.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:56 pm

Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:58 pm

A good away point most of us would have took that, i thought we were playing in a full stadium and the ref certainly a homer, Certainly reflects the fans mood changes, from being poor
we ended up with played well and it was a good point, i thought Reids boots reflected his game, pink you have to have quality to justify such a striking colour,
Black would be better it reflects the mood after his dismal attempts on goal, We have 5 days off now and we need to explain in detail to our strikers, that they dont have to be clever to beat a goalkeeper as ours show, if you shoot between the goalposts a mistake is imminent and often.
So we have 24 points to play for with 8 games left, and require 6 points, still in a relegation position and a solid midfield to see us through this season.
We can see we have a solid base and quality not quantity needed in both penalty areas, the pleasing thing is yesterday we had 3 academy players in the squad and 2 played in a tense game were points are vital, and Sweeney getting used to his new role.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:58 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:1.4 vs 1.3 on the xG. Spot on.

Slightly lower than I thought. I was thinking around 2-2.

Jamie Reid's chance rated at 0.35. I'd put it higher than that.

Stephen Quinn's goal rated at 0.25 which is probably too high.

My educated guess is 1-1
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum