{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

4,000 capacity by mid May

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: 4,000 capacity by mid May

Postby ST4GS » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:52 am

This season will be a write off as we will run out of time for the restrictions to be lifted sufficiently but very optimistic for next season come August which will be a big bonus. Hopefully back to full capacity and all restrictions lifted when we have immunised at least 75% of the adult population and obtained herd immunity (if news of the vaccine quoshes infection rates). I am looking forward to renewing my season ticket which I have for every season since 1991,apart from last season when I didn't purchase one for obvious reasons.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:52 am

I bet broomo's already booked a table for a pint with whiffy :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:02 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Tamworth away

I loved that away day
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:08 am

smulls wrote:Will you go to Field Mill, Broomo and Bear sometime or regularly? I am sure some (except TorryStag, BobbyStag, Norman and Parkinson's Perm) would Iove to meet you both!

What have I done? :(

Are you saying I have a problem with those two? Because you're very wrong if so.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:53 am

Random Hero wrote:Just reading into the announcement today. 4,000 capacity for outdoor sporting venues (or half full, whichever is greater), under which Stags would come, by 17th May.

Lets hope for a shed load of postponements so the season runs until June! :lol:

Just realised you got this the wrong way round !!
The official guidance says "half capacity or 4,000 - whichever is lower", not whichever is greater, so we would be at 4,000 maximum.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:47 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
smulls wrote:Will you go to Field Mill, Broomo and Bear sometime or regularly? I am sure some (except TorryStag, BobbyStag, Norman and Parkinson's Perm) would Iove to meet you both!

What a sweeping and incorrect statement :roll:

They know everything ,some of them on here
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:14 pm

Will be interesting to see if ifollow will still show live saturday games next season if all crowds are allowed back in... Can see alot of people still staying away if they do.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby pemill » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:37 pm

Couple of local non-leagues away days would be ideal, either Counteh &/or Spirerites

Weren't they both going to bounce back first season :lol: :lol: :lol:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:43 pm

I'll be there regularly. Massively looking forward to it.

Happy to meet ANYONE who thinks they can put up with me for more than 5 minutes.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:05 pm

People need to be vaccinated. They should let anyone in with jab passport, a limit should only be applied if there were no vaccines.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:16 pm

broomo wrote:

Happy to meet ANYONE who thinks they can put up with me for more than 5 minutes.

The real question is will you attend after Clough has gone? ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:27 pm

I do not like to mention this but i am severely disabled and one of my family takes me when possible, please do not stop insulting me i like the banter, i will soon as i can check the disabled facility's , and certainly treat myself to the banqueting suit for a special treat. Got to sort out parking as near to the ground as possible, i wish to thank Martin for thanking all the people who watch on ifollow, it makes me feel we are doing our best for the club in difficult circumstances, I have a lot to learn and looking forward to it, lets hope many more will come to games and support the club, i certainly would like to meet any one of you, please enjoy match day it still gives me a buzz.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:57 pm

I seem to remember when the disabled facilities were in front of the advertising barriers next to the pitch, how nobody got injured on both sides I don't know, over the tannoy they were also referred to as the shiny people in the corner.
How times change, sometimes definitely for the better.
Enjoy your days at the Stags, I'm sure it will be a great day with all the help you need.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:18 pm

chip63 wrote:I seem to remember when the disabled facilities were in front of the advertising barriers next to the pitch, how nobody got injured on both sides I don't know, over the tannoy they were also referred to as the shiny people in the corner.
How times change, sometimes definitely for the better.
Enjoy your days at the Stags, I'm sure it will be a great day with all the help you need.

The stadium announcer at that time was an absolute raspberry. Mr Zeeeero the Smogmonster.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:22 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
broomo wrote:

The real question is will you attend after Clough has gone? ;)

Does it matter. Mansfield will survive you and me, whether you or i attend will not matter a jot, please dont try to be important, Mansfield want to put bums on seats end off
Its a entertainment business
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:40 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:Will be interesting to see if ifollow will still show live saturday games next season if all crowds are allowed back in... Can see alot of people still staying away if they do.

I'd sooner dip my wick in hot tar than miss a matchday live. The build up, the mates, the banter, the atmosphere, the booze, the interaction with the away fans, the hope, the fear, the joy, the despair, the smells. Live is best. Sat on your own with a milky coffee and a bag of nuts doesn't come close.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:57 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
broomo wrote:

The real question is will you attend after Clough has gone? ;)[/quote

Let me just change my last answer.

I'll be happy to meet anyone apart from the arses who use the fact I'm not a proper Mansfield fan to belittle my views.

Whether I attend after he's gone depends on how he goes and what my own relationship is with fans on here.

If either he or me starts getting stupidly insulted it makes it hard for me to hang around.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:26 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Will be interesting to see if ifollow will still show live saturday games next season if all crowds are allowed back in... Can see alot of people still staying away if they do.

I'd sooner dip my wick in hot tar than miss a matchday live. The build up, the mates, the banter, the atmosphere, the booze, the interaction with the away fans, the hope, the fear, the joy, the despair, the smells. Live is best. Sat on your own with a milky coffee and a bag of nuts doesn't come close.

The irony of that question coming from somebody who openly admits he is part of the reason that matches are not aired live at 3pm on a Saturday in normal circumstances. :roll:
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:00 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

The irony of that question coming from somebody who openly admits he is part of the reason that matches are not aired live at 3pm on a Saturday in normal circumstances. :roll:

Gazza please saving £10 when the club needs every penny is nothing short of a insult to fans more than willing to pay a small fee for being able to watch the game live.
Watching on your illegal box, means you can still get the games on lfollow 3pm sat, it just cheats your own club of much needed funds still it appears you can live with it
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:10 pm

broomo wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
broomo wrote:

The real question is will you attend after Clough has gone? ;)[/quote

Let me just change my last answer.

I'll be happy to meet anyone apart from the arses who use the fact I'm not a proper Mansfield fan to belittle my views.

Whether I attend after he's gone depends on how he goes and what my own relationship is with fans on here.

If either he or me starts getting stupidly insulted it makes it hard for me to hang around.

It was a tongue in cheek joke and nothing serious (smulls seems to think we have a problem, but there isn't), the more fans Mansfield have the better. It's not like we have em coming out the wood work!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:11 pm

I dont have any relationship with anyone on the internet its impersonal for a reason :D
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:31 pm

The One wrote:

I loved that away day

Me too. One of the very few highlights from the pit.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:47 pm

Big yella wrote:
The One wrote:

I loved that away day

Me too. One of the very few highlights from the pit.

aye, it was brilliant.

Remember that time they thought we were taking 400 and took over a thousand, they hadn’t got a clue!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:46 pm

Glad we won't be going to get into the stadium to watch this season.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:49 pm

Back on topic - Get the Sandy Pate Bar open from the 12th April!

A bit of good weather, and loads of Stags fans will support it.

Much needed funds for the club in these times.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum