{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

U's Scorefred sponsored by we go again

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: U's Scorefred sponsored by we go again

Postby Dan » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:45 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:59 pm

Some good pics in there Dan.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:18 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Some good pics in there Dan.

yep agreed, actually liked seeing the old bishop street stand... not seen if for a long time and weirdly missed it :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:27 pm

Good pics dan.

The ground looks so tired though and in the need of a major facelift.

Something about seeing soo much horrible grey metal makes it feel horrible and tinpot.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:41 pm

Very kind chaps thank you. Just tried to do something a bit different with the ground pics.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:44 pm

There is always a lot of over reaction on social media after a Stags defeat and today is no different. It was generally a tight scrappy game. The difference was a couple of bits of sloppy defending by the Stags and clinical finishing by Paul Mullin who is having the best season of his career. Wes Hoolahan was also still twinkling around in midfield and I thought Harrison Dunk had a good game at left back.

The Stags got caught out on the counter attack for the first goal and this came just after Jamie Reid could have put Jordan Bowery through on goal after making a good run but his final ball was poor. I partly blame Harry Charsley, Ryan Sweeney Stephen McLaughlin and James Perch for the first two goals. For the first goal, Farrend Rawson gets involved with a wrestling match on the halfway line and James Perch gets caught coming inside to help him out. Harrison Dunk runs into the space and Harry Charsley fails to track him as he failed to track Declan John on Tuesday night. Ryan Sweeney and Stephen McLaughlin then leave Paul Mullin completely unmarked who scores with an excellent first time finish. Lethal. The goal came completely out of the blue.

For the second goal, Stephen McLaughlin should have done better with the defensive header from Paul Mullin's cross. He made two good defensive headers in the first half along with a good penalty area interception. However, Ryan Sweeney and Harry Charsley then make the fatal mistake of leaving League 2's top scorer completely unmarked as they wander back across the area. To be fair to James Perch, Ryan Sweeney is the closest to Paul Mullin near the touchline when Paul Mullin crosses the ball so James Perch gets back into the middle of the area to cover for him. Liam O'Neil then just chips the ball back to the far post where Mullin is completely unmarked. Ryan Sweeney then stops running and sticks his hand in the air to claim offside instead of running back to the goal line to try and make a clearance or a block. I also partly blame Aidan Stone for the goal as there is no way that Mullin from that tight angle should be able to easily side foot the ball into the far corner. Ryan Sweeney and Farrend Rawson should also have done better and blocked Knibbs' shot for the third goal.

I thought our two best players were George Maris and Ollie Clarke. Stephen Quinn and Jordan Bowery also played reasonably well and Stephen McLaughlin played well in the first half. He has become our main source of crosses in Kellan Gordon's absence. He then made the errors for the goals outlined above. However we are mainly leaking goals down our right hand side with six of the last eight goals conceded coming down the right. James Perch and Harry Charsley together on the right are a defensive weak link. James Perch did make one good defensive header at the back post in the 2nd half.

Jamie Reid had a poor game up front and struggled to keep the ball. He and Charsley seemed to be the main culprits for losing possession. Jamie Reid also missed a sitter in the 2nd half with the header from James Perch's cross after a nice little dribble by Tyrese Sinclair. Tyrese had a good little cameo appearance and deserved to score with his free kick. Jason Law played the one nice through ball where Bowery went down.

The pitch does not help us at all and does not suit our footballing game. That was particularly demonstrated when George Maris and Stephen McLaughlin were trying to pass their way out of the mud in the corner at the end. It resulted in George Maris conceding the free kick which resulted in the spell of pressure for the third goal.

I was hoping for a tilt at the play offs but injuries to Kellan Gordon, George Lapslie and Oliver Sarkic have exposed the lack of depth in our squad. We just need to aim to get to 50 points as soon as possible and then reassess the situation.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:02 pm

Just had a quick look at the stats on whoscored

Touches
Stephen McLaughlin 100
Wes Hoolahan 81
George Maris 70
Harrison Dunk 69
James Perch 68
Ollie Clarke 64
Adam May 51

Pass Success Rate
Liam O'Neil 84%
George Maris 83%
Jordan Bowery 80%
Stephen Quinn 79%
Ollie Clarke 79%
James Perch 72%
Adam May 70%
Wes Hoolahan 72%
Stephen McLoughlin 64%
Harry Charsley 48%

Key Passes
Stephen McLoughlin 2
James Perch 2

Tackles
Liam O'Neil 8
James Perch 6
Wes Hoolahan 5
Ollie Clarke 4
Greg Taylor 4
George Maris 3

Aerials Won
Farrend Rawson 9
Greg Taylor 5
Ryan Sweeney 4
Jamie Reid 4
Harrison Dunk 4

Dispossessed
Jamie Reid 11
Wes Hoolahan 3
Joe Ironside 3
Ollie Clarke 3
Jordan Bowery 2
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:52 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Just had a quick look at the stats on whoscored

Touches
Stephen McLaughlin 100
Wes Hoolahan 81
George Maris 70
Harrison Dunk 69
James Perch 68
Ollie Clarke 64
Adam May 51

Pass Success Rate
Liam O'Neil 84%
George Maris 83%
Jordan Bowery 80%
Stephen Quinn 79%
Ollie Clarke 79%
James Perch 72%
Adam May 70%
Wes Hoolahan 72%

Tackles
Liam O'Neil 8
James Perch 6
Wes Hoolahan 5
Ollie Clarke 4
Greg Taylor 4
George Maris 3

Aerials Won
Farrend Rawson 9
Greg Taylor 5
Ryan Sweeney 4
Jamie Reid 4
Harrison Dunk 4

Dispossessed
Jamie Reid 11
Wes Hoolahan 3
Joe Ironside 3
Ollie Clarke 3
Jordan Bowery 2

We lost 3 0 at home. Only stat that matters
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:58 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:There is always a lot of over reaction on social media after a Stags defeat and today is no different. It was generally a tight scrappy game. The difference was a couple of bits of sloppy defending by the Stags and clinical finishing by Paul Mullin who is having the best season of his career. Wes Hoolahan was also still twinkling around in midfield and I thought Harrison Dunk had a good game at left back.

The Stags got caught out on the counter attack for the first goal and this came just after Jamie Reid could have put Jordan Bowery through on goal after making a good run but his final ball was poor. I partly blame Harry Charsley, Ryan Sweeney Stephen McLaughlin and James Perch for the first two goals. For the first goal, Farrend Rawson gets involved with a wrestling match on the halfway line and James Perch gets caught coming inside to help him out. Harrison Dunk runs into the space and Harry Charsley fails to track him as he failed to track Declan John on Tuesday night. Ryan Sweeney and Stephen McLaughlin then leave Paul Mullin completely unmarked who scores with an excellent first time finish. Lethal. The goal came completely out of the blue.

For the second goal, Stephen McLaughlin should have done better with the defensive header from Paul Mullin's cross. He made two good defensive headers in the first half along with a good penalty area interception. However, Ryan Sweeney and Harry Charsley then make the fatal mistake of leaving League 2's top scorer completely unmarked as they wander back across the area. To be fair to James Perch, Ryan Sweeney is the closest to Paul Mullin near the touchline when Paul Mullin crosses the ball so James Perch gets back into the middle of the area to cover for him. Liam O'Neil then just chips the ball back to the far post where Mullin is completely unmarked. Ryan Sweeney then stops running and sticks his hand in the air to claim offside instead of running back to the goal line to try and make a clearance or a block. I also partly blame Aidan Stone for the goal as there is no way that Mullin from that tight angle should be able to easily side foot the ball into the far corner. Ryan Sweeney and Farrend Rawson should also have done better and blocked Knibbs' shot for the third goal.

I thought our two best players were George Maris and Ollie Clarke. Stephen Quinn and Jordan Bowery also played reasonably well and Stephen McLaughlin played well in the first half. He has become our main source of crosses in Kellan Gordon's absence. He then made the errors for the goals outlined above. However we are mainly leaking goals down our right hand side with six of the last eight goals conceded coming down the right. James Perch and Harry Charsley together on the right are a defensive weak link. James Perch did make one good defensive header at the back post in the 2nd half.

Jamie Reid had a poor game up front and struggled to keep the ball. He and Charsley seemed to be the main culprits for losing possession. Jamie Reid also missed a sitter in the 2nd half with the header from James Perch's cross after a nice little dribble by Tyrese Sinclair. Tyrese had a good little cameo appearance and deserved to score with his free kick. Jason Law played the one nice through ball where Bowery went down.

The pitch does not help us at all and does not suit our footballing game. That was particularly demonstrated when George Maris and Stephen McLaughlin were trying to pass their way out of the mud in the corner at the end. It resulted in George Maris conceding the free kick which resulted in the spell of pressure for the third goal.

I was hoping for a tilt at the play offs but injuries to Kellan Gordon, George Lapslie and Oliver Sarkic have exposed the lack of depth in our squad. We just need to aim to get to 50 points as soon as possible and then reassess the situation.

Really good summary Tippy. Pretty much agree with it all.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:18 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:There is always a lot of over reaction on social media after a Stags defeat and today is no different. It was generally a tight scrappy game. The difference was a couple of bits of sloppy defending by the Stags and clinical finishing by Paul Mullin who is having the best season of his career. Wes Hoolahan was also still twinkling around in midfield and I thought Harrison Dunk had a good game at left back.

Really good summary Tippy. Pretty much agree with it all.

Yep me too. Always enjoy Darren’s reports as he watches the game properly and knows what he’s on about.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:35 pm

pretty much summed it up tippy, i was disappointed with our final ball, and Hoolahan was a joy to watch, We could have scored with better finishing, but we huffed and puffed at one end
where they were clinical in our area, certainly some poor defending from us and Stone must have a bad back shipping in 6 from 2 games.
After cringing at Stech, i just shake my head at stone, The first was like slow motion, the second came from his near post again. and the third was straight at him
But i must say their final ball was much better than ours
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:54 pm

The criticism of stone totally baffles me ,his defenders were awol ,the fella is 21 years old ,some on here would destroy him just think of the likes of de gea ,its a hard life
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:41 pm

Torrystag wrote:The criticism of stone totally baffles me ,his defenders were awol ,the fella is 21 years old ,some on here would destroy him just think of the likes of de gea ,its a hard life

Aidan Stone did make two good saves yesterday. Fans are complementary about a little cameo role from Jason Law as a sub but Aidan Stone is younger than him and has done well for us. He is an asset that can be developed. He could have done better with Paul Mullin's second goal but he could rightly point out that someone should have been marking him (Ryan Sweeney). The same for the first goal. I didn't blame him for the any of the Bolton goals. Declan John's first goal was a complete fluke.

I'm sure Nigel Clough will rest him if necessary but he has said that he likes to give players a chance and will not drop them for one bad game.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:46 pm

Neither GK has impressed me.

A number one will be on Clough’s shopping list in the summer I would’ve thought.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:56 pm

I'm sure Nigel Clough and his backroom staff with the assistance of David Sharp are identifying possible targets to be signed in the summer.

He already seems to have Lucas Akins lined up.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:58 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'm sure Nigel Clough and his backroom staff with the assistance of David Sharp are identifying possible targets to be signed in the summer.

He already seems to have Lucas Akins lined up.

Brayford and Tanser also possibles. Quinn and Sarkic too possibly?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum