{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Darren Drysdale

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Darren Drysdale

Postby victor A block » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:28 am

Actually after a string of games that he was in charge of with us that incensed all Stags fans with his decision making, in more recent games he has come down more on our side. Maybe hes developing a soft spot for us.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:43 am

The last two times he ref’d us at home he controlled the games well and was very unbiased.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:09 pm

He’s been given a four match retrospective ban which he has already served.

Apparently Alan Judge called him a cheating bald c***. He went on to repeat the phrase several times.

Drysdale claimed there was no physical contact and moved his head close to Judge in order to assert his authority over him as he is physically taller than Judge.

Judge is not going to receive any punishment for the incident which I believe is totally wrong. Referees have to be protected from this type of aggressive verbal assault by players or we may as well pack up now.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:28 pm

No excuse for Drysdale but there’s absolutely no excuse tor the actions of the player and as his comments are in evidence, he should be charged. Swearing at and calling the ref a cheat are out of order.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:28 pm

Why didn't he just show him a red?
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:47 pm

Darren, and he will have regretted not doing this for every waking moment since the final whistle, should have dismissed the gobby foul mouthed player. And all decent right minded football fan will agree. The big question is now, what are the FA going to do at this watershed moment to stop it being repeated?

If the Officials on the Premier League and EFL started dismissing players for behaving so abhorrently what would the upshot of reclaiming the game be? Media uproar is what would happen. Sky TV would be up in arms that their flagship channel would be missing its stars for 3 weeks at a time, ruining and skewing the competition. Talking head pundits, mostly journey rewarded by the same tv channel would suddenly try and find ways of justifying what was said or embarrassingly having to say don’t do what I did in my playing days.

It starts with the management of football clubs, when the managers and coaches tell the players to calm down, shut up, don’t go down etc then the game will start to change for the better. Till then we just have to put up with the ‘Evanism’ of this once beautiful game.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:28 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Darren, and he will have regretted not doing this for every waking moment since the final whistle, should have dismissed the gobby foul mouthed player. And all decent right minded football fan will agree. The big question is now, what are the FA going to do at this watershed moment to stop it being repeated?

If the Officials on the Premier League and EFL started dismissing players for behaving so abhorrently what would the upshot of reclaiming the game be? Media uproar is what would happen. Sky TV would be up in arms that their flagship channel would be missing its stars for 3 weeks at a time, ruining and skewing the competition. Talking head pundits, mostly journey rewarded by the same tv channel would suddenly try and find ways of justifying what was said or embarrassingly having to say don’t do what I did in my playing days.

It starts with the management of football clubs, when the managers and coaches tell the players to calm down, shut up, don’t go down etc then the game will start to change for the better. Till then we just have to put up with the ‘Evanism’ of this once beautiful game.

Agree completely. Start sending them off. It’s going to be emotional for a couple of weeks but they will learn. The treatment of referees embarrasses me.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:58 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Darren, and he will have regretted not doing this for every waking moment since the final whistle, should have dismissed the gobby foul mouthed player. And all decent right minded football fan will agree. The big question is now, what are the FA going to do at this watershed moment to stop it being repeated?

Agree completely. Start sending them off. It’s going to be emotional for a couple of weeks but they will learn. The treatment of referees embarrasses me.

Agreed . And it really shouldn't be something that's that hard to sort . And whilst they are at it there should be some retrospective punishment for players simulating to get another sent off , as in the case of Clarke's rescinded red at Bradford .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:29 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:45 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

Judge, a more inaptly named player I never heard of, had ample opportunity to appear and give evidence though did not, citing that he did not want to get Darren into bother. More along the lines of ‘I will keep quiet, hope it goes away and in doing so not incriminate myself and get a three match ban’.

In short, add deceiving to save his own skin to this personal qualities. A pity for him that when the truth was out it wasn’t to his liking.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:39 am

So he says he didn’t call him a c but admits to f ing and jeffing at him several times. What a nice pleasant man Mr Judge is.

If he did have a good reputation it is now quite rightly shot. It’s amazing that he obviously thinks it ok to f and Jeff at a referee and thinks he shouldn’t be punished.

I am sorry about the loss of his mum and should maybe acknowledge that although the incident occurred before that event, she could have been ill and the situation may have been causing him stress and this was not his normal standard of behaviour.

F ing and jeffing at officials should not be accepted at any level of the game and that includes by any player or coaching staff as well as the officials themselves. The sooner sanctions are applied the better the game will be for it.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:42 am

There is talk that next season in the Prem recordings of the ref's mic can be used after the matches in, for example, Match of the Day. That would be interesting. We can already listen to the Ref's mic in Rugby Interntionals as the game goes on.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby pemill » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:57 pm

So frustrated with this, players are untouchable and managers just back them regardless.
I can quite believe that this Judge fella (who is he excatly?) said what has been alleged, I dread to think what else is said to refs during the course of a game, anyway let the player walk away unscathed, it really does speak volumes regards to the state of the game.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:19 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:So he says he didn’t call him a c but admits to f ing and jeffing at him several times. What a nice pleasant man Mr Judge is.

If he did have a good reputation it is now quite rightly shot. It’s amazing that he obviously thinks it ok to f and Jeff at a referee and thinks he shouldn’t be punished.

I am sorry about the loss of his mum and should maybe acknowledge that although the incident occurred before that event, she could have been ill and the situation may have been causing him stress and this was not his normal standard of behaviour.

F ing and jeffing at officials should not be accepted at any level of the game and that includes by any player or coaching staff as well as the officials themselves. The sooner sanctions are applied the better the game will be for it.

To even mention the death of his mother in an attempt to garner sympathy and deflect is absolutely pathetic and shameful.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:09 pm

As others have said, if Judge called Darren a "cheating bald swear word" then at any level of the game that is a red card. The problem referee's have at the lower levels is that those at higher levels seem incapable of implementing the laws on dissent and the use of offensive, insulting and abusive language.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:14 pm

Rob wrote:As others have said, if Judge called Darren a "cheating bald swear word" then at any level of the game that is a red card. The problem referee's have at the lower levels is that those at higher levels seem incapable of implementing the laws on dissent and the use of offensive, insulting and abusive language.

I think what you’ve said there mate just confirms that DD has probably garnered the truth to get a lesser punishment. Had he called him those things he would simply of showed him a red card instead of a yellow.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:15 pm

Dan wrote:
Rob wrote:As others have said, if Judge called Darren a "cheating bald swear word" then at any level of the game that is a red card. The problem referee's have at the lower levels is that those at higher levels seem incapable of implementing the laws on dissent and the use of offensive, insulting and abusive language.

I think what you’ve said there mate just confirms that DD has probably garnered the truth to get a lesser punishment. Had he called him those things he would simply of showed him a red card instead of a yellow.

I’m not sure about that Dan. He gave him the yellow card for the dive not the abuse. Having physically crossed the line himself, it would then have been very difficult to show a red for the swearing. The player would argue the red card was part of Drysdale’s loss of temper and nothing more. I think a red would probably have followed if Drysdale had been able to control his own temper.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:47 pm

Dan wrote:

You'd like to think so but how many players have been red carded for dissent (offinabus)? Abuse of referees happens in almost every game and could/should result in numerous red cards. However, referees at the top level have been really poor at implementing this part of the law for many years, so for the most part it either goes unpunished or only cautioned. This has quite an impact at other levels, including junior football. The last player I sent off was an u15 academy player, for abusive language to an assistant.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:26 pm

Tyler Walker got sent off for us towards the end of his time here for flipping the bird at the linesman. I have no arguments with that it was the right call. However it needs to be a regular occurrence and refs need to be tougher and just give players a red if they receive abuse. Without them we don't play it's as simple as that, they don't deserve to gets abused week in week out.

I don't fall out with what Drysdale did. Would Judge have gone off like that at Drysdale in the street and expect anything different? I very much doubt it.

Slightly off topic but I thought the ref we had against Cheltenham was the best we have had for a long time. He didn't stop the game for niggly fouls which let the game flow and allow it to be a fantastic watch!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum