{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Trotters scorefred sponsored by The Moaning Sheep Wanderer

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Trotters scorefred sponsored by The Moaning Sheep Wander

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:31 am

Having slept on the game, I now feel it is just a setback that can be recovered.

We were never going to go to the end of the season undefeated so where is the problem?. Nine times out of ten we would have won that match and it was only a conspiracy of circumstances that took the victory from us. The performance itself was still to a good standard and if we keep that standard up we will get enough victories to scrape the playoffs. Imagine how good it would feel to stuff it up Evatt at that point.

As they say, he who laughs last.........
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:55 am

Think Bolton are fast becoming our new ‘Looton’ as we have no local rivals
We’re too big for this league mentality
Love to hate em !
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:02 am

To be frank they have been and always will be bigger than us.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:33 am

Didn't watch the game I was working but even at 2 nil nothing is certain with Mansfield. How gutting.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:57 am

xG has us 1.9 v 0.5.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:08 am

Spiritater wrote:To be frank they have been and always will be bigger than us.

Morning Frank
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:10 am

MTFCMusings wrote:xG has us 1.9 v 0.5.

Great stuff, up to 11th then. ;)

Last night was a very good example of how stats are meaningless to a match outcome & how meaningless a performance is to the fans if you don't win the game.

As NC said last night, we were far better v Bolton than we were against Warsaw & Col U but lost the game.

On just about any statistical measure we came out on top, except for that pesky goals for and against bit.

It's a funny old game.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:28 am

I have a feeling it will help us against Cambridge.... Im hoping we put the result right and really go at Cambridge.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:30 am

We really had a go at Bolton aswell to be fair.

At 2-0 up I genuinely expected to draw still, you just always feel like we don’t have it in us to hold on to leads against a half decent side.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:46 am

Conker wrote:We really had a go at Bolton aswell to be fair.

At 2-0 up I genuinely expected to draw still, you just always feel like we don’t have it in us to hold on to leads against a half decent side.

throughout the game even when we were well on top it felt like they had a few players with the quality to hurt us which they did... Were a steady side that just needs two or three wow factor players that can win you a game. Were not miles off.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:54 am

Conker wrote:We really had a go at Bolton aswell to be fair.

I’ve won probably 6 match passes worth this season backs the oppositions to draw/win after we’ve taken a lead.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Re: Trotters scorefred (2nd Feb) sponsored by The perfect Si

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:39 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I watched Bolton against Exeter away and Cheltenham at home a few weeks' ago. They were both 1-1 draws. Bolton played well in both games and especially against Cheltenham at home. Lloyd Isgrove had his best game of the season out wide and Sarcevic was really good until Cheltenham took the lead against the run of play and he then went missing for 20 minutes. Eoin Doyle could easily have had a hat-trick before he equalised. I started to fancy Bolton for the play offs. I then checked the league table and noted they were below the Stags. :shock:

The player that made a big difference in both games as a sub was former Macclesfield player and Stags trialist, Arthur Gnahoua. He scored the equaliser against Exeter and provided the assist for Doyle's equaliser against Cheltenham.

Arthur Gnahoua has become Bolton's Super Sub. That's two goals and an assist off the bench against Exeter City, Cheltenham Town and the Stags. He played well against us for Macclesfield last season as well.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:04 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:xG has us 1.9 v 0.5.

We are now up to 6th in the xG league table, 9 points off the automatic promotion places. :lol:

The Stags are the second equal biggest under performers in League 2 based on xG. We ought to have another 10 points.

Barrow +16
Mansfield + 10
Newport + 10
Forest Green Rovers + 9
Grimsby + 8
Walsall + 7

Biggest Over Performers based on xG
Cambridge United - 15 (Paul Mullin)
Leyton Orient - 14 (Danny Johnson)
Tranmere Rovers - 10
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:25 pm

Underperformers v overperformers this weekend.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:21 pm

This is where Clough starts work getting the team to recover from that result, 2 goals that could have been avoided, and a another from 20 yrds out, The team scored 2 goals and the midfield and defence played well , but we conceded 3 goals in eleven minutes, Stone and Benning two names associated with goals to put Bolton in the ascendance.
Like many i cannot believe my eyes, and lived through sheer joy to being dumb struck in just 11 minutes, everyone connected to the club must feel the same.
Moving forward from this will take some doing,, 3 hard games coming up and a real battle not to lose ground in our push for a mid table finish
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:25 pm

grufti wrote:Gethin Jones' foot is over the line every throw in

The lino told Charlsey that as long as any part of his foot is on the line then that’s fine. I didn’t know that either so was a bit shocked to hear him say that.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:54 pm

Dan wrote:

The lino told Charlsey that as long as any part of his foot is on the line then that’s fine. I didn’t know that either so was a bit shocked to hear him say that.

The linesman is correct - Law 15

"At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:

• stand facing the field of play
• have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the
touchline
• throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from
the point where it left the field of play

All opponents must stand at least 2 m (2 yds) from the point on the touchline
where the throw-in is to be taken."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:39 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Torrystag wrote:It was as bad as ive seen ,no
Comment needed

Complete over reaction. I've seen hundreds of games where we have been far worse. We played well to get into a 2-0 lead over big spending Bolton Wanderers and played well until 79 minutes but we could not see the game out due to a bit of bad luck and some good play. We are going in the right direction.

Over reaction of the century! Jeez, we narrowly lost after 8 games unbeatable in the league. Start of December we were 23rd. I'm as gutted as anyone to lose that but some perspective please.

Perspective is no team should lose at home after being two nil up with 20 minutes to go ,we were fine and dictating the game so to concede 3 in 20 minutes is abysmal ,i know nigel said you cant legislate for flukes or unfortunate deflections but the mindset just went as one poster ,think it was spbs said once they equalized it was obvious they would get a third ,but its done now ,we are still in a good position and still hopeful of a play off spot personally
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:55 pm

Dan wrote:

The linesman is correct - Law 15

"At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:

• stand facing the field of play
• have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the
touchline
• throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from
the point where it left the field of play

All opponents must stand at least 2 m (2 yds) from the point on the touchline
where the throw-in is to be taken."

I wonder when that got changed because that chap off the podcast was on Quest the other month & he pointed out a foul throw as the players foot was over the line but still on it.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:21 pm

At least we weren't there to hear the Bolton fans.
I can still hear the Bristol fans now on the same sort of game.
Over rated, over paid, jammy, poxy, wannabe, mother etc...etc....

Feels a little better.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:29 pm

Torrystag wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:
Torrystag wrote:It was as bad as ive seen ,no
Comment needed

Complete over reaction. I've seen hundreds of games where we have been far worse. We played well to get into a 2-0 lead over big spending Bolton Wanderers and played well until 79 minutes but we could not see the game out due to a bit of bad luck and some good play. We are going in the right direction.

Over reaction of the century! Jeez, we narrowly lost after 8 games unbeatable in the league. Start of December we were 23rd. I'm as gutted as anyone to lose that but some perspective please.

Perspective is no team should lose at home after being two nil up with 20 minutes to go ,we were fine and dictating the game so to concede 3 in 20 minutes is abysmal ,i know nigel said you cant legislate for flukes or unfortunate deflections but the mindset just went as one poster ,think it was spbs said once they equalized it was obvious they would get a third ,but its done now ,we are still in a good position and still hopeful of a play off spot personally

Forget play offs, the uproar is around the manner of the defeat and not the defeat itself IMO. It was a huge effort by the boys to get into a winning position but they were not supported by the manager who should have introduced fresh legs for the last 10/15 minutes. Too many of the lads were cream crackered after pkaying on the tata patch, Bolton introduced 3/4 sets of fresh legs, as Colchester did, game over.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:01 pm

I personally think play offs are well within our reach ,and yes your right about the uproar is about the manner of the defeat ,not the result never been a big fan of criticising our managers,because we only know so much
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:10 pm

Torrystag wrote:I personally think play offs are well within our reach ,and yes your right about the uproar is about the manner of the defeat ,not the result never been a big fan of criticising our managers,because we only know so much

Very true but it must be remembered Nigel has not got the ability to walk on water and he can make errors, just as we all can?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:26 pm

We have got the best midfield in league two ,with lapslie ,our front two are not prolific ,they really dont need to be ,reid has come o leaps and bounds bowery has re,invented himself the manager just needs to keep it going ,he would not have came here if we were such a poor proposition ,
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:04 pm

Torrystag wrote:We have got the best midfield in league two ,with lapslie ,our front two are not prolific ,they really dont need to be ,reid has come o leaps and bounds bowery has re,invented himself the manager just needs to keep it going ,he would not have came here if we were such a poor proposition ,

We ars not a poor proposition but it seems Nigel thinks our subs bench is?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum