{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Beano » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:43 pm

fox in the box wrote:Spireites fully supporting their actions on Bobs Board completely unsurprisingly. They have zero shame

Practice makes perfect.

It's hardly their first attempt at defending malpractice.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:53 pm

I’ve just posted my views on their club Twitter feed. Suggest if you’re on Twitter you have a go
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:22 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Forget any morality here.

This is a competitive advantage. While the covid 19 vaccine is not on a banned substance list, what it does do is allow the club and players to act in a way that their counterparts in the NL can not.

From a footballing perspective, it's an unfair advantage from a controlled substance. It's cheating, because other clubs haven't had this opportunity.

The season will be over by the time they get full protection.

My daughter a very fit 30 year old has had her first jab, she's a teacher so I have no problem.
I just wonder how their older relatives are feeling about this, if I was in their position I would of phoned one to get the vaccine instead.

It's just not making any sense how they were contacted, if it was in agreement of allowing a test centre then I despair.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:58 pm

Stubley medical centre at Dronfield have released a statement. No footballers have received the jab. Just one member of staff at CFC who has underlying health conditions.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:28 pm

Fair play to them. GPs are private businesses, didn’t have to step up to deliver the vaccine and without primary care the roll out would’ve been a lot slower. Don’t need a witch-hunt, their intentions were good and looks like it was fake news anyway
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:39 pm

Search and Destroy wrote:https://stubleymedical.co.uk/press-release/?fbclid=IwAR0U3jaWK3QZbtt-DsebtttRrm-9dUi1IQPd-OxmrCf685PJtCuD3tCkhh0

I notice how they don’t mention any of the players despite the fact we know three of them have been done including a 21 year old.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:17 pm

I still can't understand why a football club is on the Medical Centre's reserve list. Surely there are more urgent and deserving groups.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Philip » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:41 pm

Search and Destroy wrote:https://stubleymedical.co.uk/press-release/?fbclid=IwAR0U3jaWK3QZbtt-DsebtttRrm-9dUi1IQPd-OxmrCf685PJtCuD3tCkhh0

Excellent statement perfectly summing up the complexities of the process. Already aware of many cases in Surrey of people being called last minute dot com to come in for spare vaccines that would otherwise go to waste. One person's efficiency seems to be another's queue jump just because it involves a rival football team. Really?

Speed of access to the vaccines are key. Not all elderly, disabled or high risk groups can simply get to a centre at a few minutes notice, many live alone and rely on help for transport, some are not immediately at the end of a phone etc etc.
Philip
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby robbingdog » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:05 pm

corrupt, always have been and always will be. Bit like them who have dodged in n out of administration for years
and that Evatt fella, well what can you say about him
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tmwilson » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:39 pm

Stoney wrote:Stubley medical centre at Dronfield have released a statement. No footballers have received the jab. Just one member of staff at CFC who has underlying health conditions.

Where does it say it wasn't given to any players?
If that's the case why have the club made a statement to one of the local papers admitting that their players received the vaccination?
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:41 pm

On sky sports news it says Derbyshire NHS are looking into how some of the spireites have received that vaccine.

They said they were bottom of the list, they don't have to tell us that twice
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:44 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:On sky sports news it says Derbyshire NHS are looking into how some of the spireites have received that vaccine.

They said they were bottom of the list, they don't have to tell us that twice
It will be interesting to see what conclusion Derbyshire NHS come to.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:55 pm

Philip wrote:

Excellent statement perfectly summing up the complexities of the process. Already aware of many cases in Surrey of people being called last minute dot com to come in for spare vaccines that would otherwise go to waste. One person's efficiency seems to be another's queue jump just because it involves a rival football team. Really?

Speed of access to the vaccines are key. Not all elderly, disabled or high risk groups can simply get to a centre at a few minutes notice, many live alone and rely on help for transport, some are not immediately at the end of a phone etc etc.

Maybe not. But police officers, ambulance drivers, paramedics, nurses, teachers, doctors surgery staff etc can do but they weren’t even asked yet they’re all on the front line putting their lives at risk every day. An ambulance driver died from it a couple of weeks ago, why wasn’t he vaccinated? And for the record I’d be equally as disgusted if it had been our football club that had jumped the queue like this.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:02 pm

Dan wrote:
Philip wrote:

Maybe not. But police officers, ambulance drivers, paramedics, nurses, teachers, doctors surgery staff etc can do but they weren’t even asked yet they’re all on the front line putting their lives at risk every day. An ambulance driver died from it a couple of weeks ago, why wasn’t he vaccinated? And for the record I’d be equally as disgusted if it had been our football club that had jumped the queue like this.

And don’t forget the supermarket workers and the other forgotten front line staff who probably come into contact just as much if not more.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:03 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:
Philip wrote:

And don’t forget the supermarket workers and the other forgotten front line staff who probably come into contact just as much if not more.

Good point I forgot about them. I’m not sure they’ve got a Tesco or anything near to the stadium though....
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:15 pm

tmwilson wrote:
Stoney wrote:Stubley medical centre at Dronfield have released a statement. No footballers have received the jab. Just one member of staff at CFC who has underlying health conditions.

If that's the case why have the club made a statement to one of the local papers admitting that their players received the vaccination?

Maybe I've misinterpreted it; I read it as if one member of staff received the vaccination as they live nearby to Dronfield and had previously confirmed they have underlying health conditions.

If footballers have had it I would be rather disgusted. I sat with my grandad (life long Stags fan) in Kings Mill last week and held his hand whilst this awful disease killed him. I don't want anyone else going through that pain and that's why we need to get it to the more vulnerable groups. I'd like to think as a police officer who is forced to deal with the public and having been hands on with many people during this pandemic, that I'd be higher up the list for a vaccine than a young footballer.

I'm not just singling out us bobby's though. There is a Sainsbury's around 2 minutes away from Stubley medical practice who could've been asked. I fully agree that the vaccines should go into somebodies arm rather than a bin. I just think it could've gone into the arm who has a higher chance of dying from this disease than a footballer, as morbid as that sounds.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:50 pm

Explaining the situation, Chesterfield said in a statement: “A small number of Chesterfield players and staff – most of whom are classed as vulnerable people – have received the COVID-19 vaccine

From https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport ... DJBR1RNNEg
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:42 am

Stoney wrote:
tmwilson wrote:

Maybe I've misinterpreted it; I read it as if one member of staff received the vaccination as they live nearby to Dronfield and had previously confirmed they have underlying health conditions.

If footballers have had it I would be rather disgusted. I sat with my grandad (life long Stags fan) in Kings Mill last week and held his hand whilst this awful disease killed him. I don't want anyone else going through that pain and that's why we need to get it to the more vulnerable groups. I'd like to think as a police officer who is forced to deal with the public and having been hands on with many people during this pandemic, that I'd be higher up the list for a vaccine than a young footballer.

I'm not just singling out us bobby's though. There is a Sainsbury's around 2 minutes away from Stubley medical practice who could've been asked. I fully agree that the vaccines should go into somebodies arm rather than a bin. I just think it could've gone into the arm who has a higher chance of dying from this disease than a footballer, as morbid as that sounds.

I agree, and that's the point. No one wants to see a drop of the vaccine wasted, however any spare vaccine needs to go to someone more vulnerable than a young professional footballer.

Sorry to hear of your loss.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:46 am

chambta wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Not defending the cheats in any way, but it is a fact that some people don't turn up for vaccination appointments for whatever reason and any unused vaccines from the batch that has been delivered to the vaccination centres would have to be thrown away at the end of the session. Therefore, most of the centres have contact details for key workers in their area who can be called in at short notice to get the jab rather than them being wasted. How it is decided who is contacted is down to the local health authority that is responsible for administering the vaccination process.
I understand that Dave and every vaccine is precious and should not be wasted. What I can't understand is why a local school, police station or even a supermarket could not have been contacted and the vaccine used on front line workers.

Is the football ground the vaccination centre?

That ground that’s in a Supermarket car park?

What a vile club

I’ll take that with a pinch of salt from an angry leather clad whopper like yourself.

Are you breaking lockdown rules to go and meet like-minded men or are you restricted your ‘activities’ to the internet until it’s over?

I haven’t ridden my bike apart from commenting to work since March last year. What’s more hilarious is that you keep turning up on here every time your vile cheating club wins more than two games.

Keep popping in from time to time, Flossie, we enjoy watching your team floundering in non league.

We will never play you again
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Philip » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:57 am

Dan wrote:
Philip wrote:

I think you will find a range of people, some on your list, are being contacted. Not perfect but overall a success story that doesn't deserve vitriolic nitpicking at the fringes.
Philip
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:06 am

Its wonderful to see the our friends over the border getting such positive press as usual :lol:
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:07 am

Philip wrote:
Dan wrote:
Philip wrote:

I think you will find a range of people, some on your list, are being contacted. Not perfect but overall a success story that doesn't deserve vitriolic nitpicking at the fringes.

Philip

I think you will find it is a fantastic system because of the inbuilt nitpicking. The system is designed specifically to avoid this scenario.

I could accept that this could occur on one occasion when all other possibilities have been exhausted. However I understand it happened on at least 2 occasions so why wasn’t the list amended following the first incident?

This isn’t a criticism of the overall arrangements but merely one very small part of them and the suspicion is that it was manipulated. Yes it is only suspicion and I trust the health authority to get to the bottom of it. If nothing else the publicity will have stopped it being repeated.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:30 pm

Perhaps this 19 year old footballer is living with his gran who is vulnerable and he is her career, therefore is in the carer category.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:35 pm

part time pete wrote:Perhaps this 19 year old footballer is living with his gran who is vulnerable and he is her career, therefore is in the carer category.

Then surely he would give football amiss in that case :?:

Thought the granny group have had there jabs now :D
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum