{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby my name is jonas » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:09 pm

Sam Stubbs is a great signing for Exeter.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:16 pm

"Salford City have signed Fleetwood Town midfielder Paul Coutts on loan until the end of the season. The 32-year-old has made 28 appearances for League One Fleetwood this season having joined them from Sheffield United in 2019. The Scot has also played for Peterborough, Preston and Derby in a 13-year playing career"
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:31 am

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:35 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:10 pm

Walsall are set to see key frontman Elijah Adebayo after it was reported he has agreed terms with Scottish club Hearts.

"Darrell Clarke was extremely angry about the initial approach Hearts made saying: “I’m not going to say a lot on it, but I’m very angry and disappointed with the way Hearts have conducted themselves. I’ve left that to the powers that be at the football club, but I’m not a happy man at all. Especially when teams tell lies and it gets out in the public domain."

Hearts manager, Robbie Neilson was quick to respond, telling the Edinburgh News: “It’s well documented we put an offer in for Adebayo,” he said. “It initially got knocked back so we will see where that one goes and whether we go back in again. He has been the No.1 target for us for a while now. Ultimately, he is their player. He scored two goals again on Saturday. We just need to see if we can come to some agreement. I spoke to their manager on Friday night about it. The problem was that they didn’t understand the rules, so I had to explain to them what the rules are when it’s a cross-border transfer.

They thought they were going by the English FA rules – that a player can only speak to other clubs when he enters the last month of his contract. The FIFA rules are that he can speak when he enters the last six months. They didn’t understand that. If the player is contracted for more than six months then you need to speak to the club to get permission to speak to him. As soon as he goes into the last six months of his contract, the player can speak to anyone, his agent can speak to anyone, and other clubs can speak to him. So that’s what we did. Once you come to an agreement with the player then you go and approach the club. They didn’t understand that. I explained that to them and I think they jumped in naively to an interview without having the full facts. It’s just one of those things. I’m sure they will look at it. I’m pretty sure they will know the next time it happens when somebody comes in from outside England. I was very disappointed in their comments that’s why I phoned their manager about it. I hope he understands it. I hope he realises that what he said the other day isn’t acceptable.”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ ... yo-3110952

http://d3d4football.com/walsall-set-to- ... ree-terms/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:23 pm

From BBC

Grimsby finally sign another striker"
Grimsby have signed Tranmere Rovers striker Stefan Payne until the end of the season. Injuries restricted the 29-year-old to just seven appearances for Rovers in 2020-21. He previously worked under Mariners boss Paul Hurst at Shrewsbury. We've been on the look out for a striker. He's got a bit of everything and we had a successful time with him before," Hurst told BBC Radio Humberside."

Cambridge lose two centre halfs and sign Tottenham winger
"Cambridge United sign young winger Shilow Tracey on loan from Tottenham Hotspur for the rest of the season. He is their second loan signing from Spurs following the arrival of defender Jubril Okedina. Tracey was on loan at Macclesfield last season and on loan at Shrewsbury Town earlier in the season. "He is comfortable in wide areas and as a striker," said U's boss Mark Bonner.

Milton Keynes Dons have signed Harry Darling from Cambridge for an undisclosed fee. The 21-year-old defender has penned an undisclosed-length contract to become the Dons' fourth January signing. Cambridge have also lost centre-half Robbie Cundy who has been recalled by parent club Bristol City after 23 appearances for the U's. He has joined League One club Gillingham on loan."

"Newport County have signed AFC Wimbledon midfielder Anthony Hartigan on loan until the end of the season. The 20-year-old has scored three goals in 110 appearances in all competitions for Wimbledon, who are 20th in League One, since making his debut in 2017. Hartigan is League Two Newport's fifth signing of the January transfer window."

"Tranmere Rovers have signed young striker Charlie Jolley on an 18-month contract from League One side Wigan Athletic for an undisclosed fee. The 20-year-old joins Tranmere with the option of a further year having made six senior appearances for the Latics. Tranmere Rovers have also signed Crystal Palace midfielder Nya Kirby on loan until the end of the season. The 20-year-old, who was a member of the England squad that won the Under-17 World Cup in 2017, made his debut for Palace in the EFL Cup this season. He had a loan spell with Blackpool in the second half of the 2018-19 season."

"Southend United have signed centre-back Tyler Cordner on loan from Bournemouth until the end of the season. The 22-year-old spent the first half of the campaign on loan at Scunthorpe, making 17 appearances before being recalled by the Cherries on 14 January. Cordner has had previous loan spells at Ebbsfleet and Havant & Waterlooville but has yet to feature for Bournemouth."

"Crawley Town have signed striker Davide Rodari for an undisclosed fee from non-league Hastings United. He has agreed a two-and-a-half-year contract with the Red Devils with the option of a two-year extension. Former Inter Milan academy player Rodari was born in Switzerland and is of Italian and Dutch descent. He joined Isthmian League Hastings in 2017."

"Northampton Town have signed Luton right-back Peter Kioso on loan until the end of the season. The 21-year-old had been on a season-long loan at Bolton - where he scored three goals in 14 appearances - but was recalled by the Hatters on 11 January."

"Barrow have signed young defender Bobby Thomas from Burnley on loan until the end of the season. The 19-year-old joined the Clarets' academy in 2017, having previously been with Everton and Crewe Alexandra. He made his first senior appearance for the club in their 2-0 Carabao Cup win over Millwall in September."

Young Goalkeepers
Port Vale have signed Manchester City goalkeeper Thomas Scott on a deal until the end of the season. The 20-year-old has spent time in Leeds' academy and has had recent trials with Watford and Birmingham. Scott will provide cover in Vale's goalkeeping department, with Dino Visser out with a hamstring injury."

"Morecambe have signed Reading's Iceland youth international goalkeeper Jokull Andresson on an emergency loan. The 19-year-old's seven-day deal comes after injury to first-choice Mark Halstead and Jake Turner returned to Newcastle after his loan spell. Andresson had a similar week-to-week spell at Exeter City in October, playing nine times for the Grecians - including the 2-2 with Morecambe. He has yet to make his first-team debut for Reading."
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:09 pm

Being as 31st is Sunday will deadline be extended to Monday ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby NIGEL » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:16 pm

Yes, deadline is 23.00hrs on Monday.
NIGEL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The One » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:23 pm

NIGEL wrote:Yes, deadline is 23.00hrs on Monday.

Thank you
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:13 pm

Dion Donohue gone to Barrow on a short term deal. Thought there was a player there...
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:29 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:Dion Donohue gone to Barrow on a short term deal. Thought there was a player there...

No just a thug
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:36 pm

Dundee sign George Lapslie ;)
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:58 pm

From BBC

"Plymouth Argyle striker Dom Telford has joined League Two side Newport County on an 18-month contract. The 24-year-old has made 24 appearances for Plymouth this season, scoring two goals. Telford started his career with Blackpool and made a permanent transfer to then-Premier League side Stoke City ahead of the 2015-16 campaign, before going out on loan to Bristol Rovers the following season.A move to Bury followed before a switch to Plymouth in July 2019, who he helped to League One last term."Dom will bring a lot of quality to this squad," Newport boss Flynn said. He knows what it takes to get out of this division... which is why I was so keen on bringing him here."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:02 pm

24 appearances and 2 goals, imagine the reaction on here if he signed for us :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:31 pm

Burton have a deal in place for Jon Smith from Bristol City - played most of his games right midfield. Could be a trigger in any move for Akins?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Dion Donohue

Postby stagtastic1 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:44 pm

Dion Donohue
Apparently signed for Barrow on short term deal, so most likely didn't get sent down for the assault whilst with us.
stagtastic1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:03 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:10 pm

See Fatty has signed some more
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:45 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

He has turned into a very good player.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby mpex77 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:14 pm

daddycool wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

He’s always been a very good player
mpex77
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby five to three » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:34 pm

mpex77 wrote:
daddycool wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

As always he just needed good management.
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Q_Block98 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:21 pm

Lucas Atkins deal nearly done
Q_Block98
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stagsfan11 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:33 pm

Q_Block98 wrote:Lucas Atkins deal nearly done

Akins will be joining us. Been the plan from the off.
Stagsfan11
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:30 pm

five to three wrote:
mpex77 wrote:
daddycool wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

As always he just needed good management.

Exactly. Which he didn’t get here.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:06 am

"Cheltenham Town have signed Aston Vila forward Indiana Vassilev and Reading striker Sam Smith on loan until the end of the season. Vassilev, 19, featured 12 times for Burton earlier in the campaign. The USA Under-20 international has played six senior games for Villa. Smith, 22, made seven appearances in all competitions while on loan at Tranmere between October and December, but failed to score any goals. He has also spent time on loan at Oxford United, Shrewsbury Town and Cambridge United in recent seasons."

"Stevenage have re-signed full-back Joe Martin from Northampton Town on a deal until the end of the season. Martin, 32, previously made 50 Stevenage appearances between 2017 and 2019 before joining the Cobblers."

"Southend United have signed Crawley Town midfielder Nathan Ferguson. The Shrimpers have paid an undisclosed fee for the 25-year-old, who has agreed an 18-month contract with an option for a further year. Having spent time at Burton and Port Vale, Ferguson made his name in non-league football before moving to Crawley in the summer of 2019 where he played 52 times and scored seven goals."

"Grimsby Town have signed midfielder Idris El Mizouni on loan from League One side Ipswich Town until the end of the season. The 20-year-old also spent time on loan with fellow League Two side Cambridge United earlier in the 2020-21 campaign. I'm 20 now and I need first-team football. I was at Cambridge last year and I was playing which was decent."

"Exeter City have re-signed Reading goalkeeper Jokull Andresson on loan.The Iceland youth international, 19, will stay at City until the end of the season and joins after Lewis Ward moved on loan to Portsmouth. Andresson spent a month at Exeter on emergency loan earlier this season after injuries to both senior keepers. Last week he joined Morecambe on a seven-day emergency loan to cover for injuries and kept a clean sheet in the Shrimps' 2-0 win at Exeter on Tuesday."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum