{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Martin and Dean

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Martin and Dean

Postby broomo » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:31 pm

Dan wrote:Both of them were brilliant tonight. Had me in stitches at times. Thought it was my laptop when they started sounding like robots but Martin sorted it by logging out and back in again.

Yep, me as well, a couple of very funny and well timed one liners.

I think they both do a brilliant job, very enjoyable listening.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:34 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:Both of them were brilliant tonight. Had me in stitches at times. Thought it was my laptop when they started sounding like robots but Martin sorted it by logging out and back in again.

Best line was ‘people are texting in saying we sound like robots. We’ve been called worse Martin’ :lol:

:lol: Brilliant that was

It was, they were excellent tonight, they are part of the current enjoyment watching our team again, how long since we've been able to say that!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:35 pm

Martian and Dean.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:02 pm

Keep up the good work chaps.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby northern stag » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:51 am

A few mistakes, some good one liners, but overall entertaining and I’m glad we’ve got them both commentating on us.
Would love to see that ‘handball’ incident in the first half, that they both dismissed, it looked a certain penno both in real time and on replay.
The Martian comment was spot on
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:18 am

northern stag wrote:A few mistakes, some good one liners, but overall entertaining and I’m glad we’ve got them both commentating on us.
Would love to see that ‘handball’ incident in the first half, that they both dismissed, it looked a certain penno both in real time and on replay.

looked stonewall to me
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:24 am

don't forget that if you puchase a match pass, or have one through your season ticket, you can watch the game back in full

On the handball incident, I'll have a look back later of course as I always do. Remember that incidents like that often look completely different depending on the angle that you look at them.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:12 pm

northern stag wrote:A few mistakes, some good one liners, but overall entertaining and I’m glad we’ve got them both commentating on us.

Yes I thought it was a penalty too, to be fair to Martin and Dean it was the other side to where they are watching from, from the camera angle it looked like he intentionally moved his hand onto the ball.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:48 pm

Another great night martin/Dean
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bux46 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:49 am

The only gripe I have is ... you said in a commentary that you have to mention the sponsors my question is why ?? the other night when Stags made 5 subs I thought my computer had logged in to channel 4 adverts ... Gripe over ...
PS ... Some time back I flicked over to the away commentary but was soon back with our deadly duo ..
Keep up the outstanding work fellas
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:57 am

bux46 wrote:The only gripe I have is ... you said in a commentary that you have to mention the sponsors my question is why ?? the other night when Stags made 5 subs I thought my computer had logged in to channel 4 adverts ... Gripe over ...
PS ... Some time back I flicked over to the away commentary but was soon back with our deadly duo ..

I'd guess as the sponsors normally get their advertising on match days direct to the crowd, this replaces it.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:03 am

bux46 wrote:The only gripe I have is ... you said in a commentary that you have to mention the sponsors my question is why ?? the other night when Stags made 5 subs I thought my computer had logged in to channel 4 adverts ... Gripe over ...

thank you for the kind words.

as to your question, Paul Nyland did a great job in attracting sponsors for the season, bringing in much needed revenue for the club. This is one way of giving them something for their money and some recognition. It seems fair to me. In these difficult times, the club has to do everything it can to bring in revenue.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:21 pm

I prefer Torvill to partner Dean.

Or Pearl.

:)
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:28 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I prefer Torvill to partner Dean.

Or Pearl.

Ba ba
ba ba
ba ba
ba ba
ba ba ba
ba ba
ba ba
ba ba
ba baaaaaaaa
Ba! :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:13 pm

Dan wrote:

Or Pearl.

Ba ba
ba ba
ba ba
ba ba
ba ba ba
ba ba
ba ba
ba ba
ba baaaaaaaa

You sound like Mrs Spireite Dan. You should be careful where you sing that or you may get more than you bargained for. :D :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:38 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:

Or Pearl.

Ba ba
ba ba
ba ba
ba ba
ba ba ba
ba ba
ba ba
ba ba
ba baaaaaaaa

You sound like Mrs Spireite Dan. You should be careful where you sing that or you may get more than you bargained for. :D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:26 pm

After listening to that bellraspberry for 45 minutes maybe folk might be a bit more happy with them for the next game :shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Teapot » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:26 pm

adamstag wrote:After listening to that bellraspberry for 45 minutes maybe folk might be a bit more happy with them for the next game :shock:

I agree, that commentator today was terrible, but if you want to hear a commentators sucking up to a team just tune into BBC1 right now. You would think Spurs were playing the blind school judging by the disparaging comments aimed at Marine. Much easier to watch with the sound turned down though!
Teapot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:03 pm

What an arsehole he was today. Clearly didn’t like us very much either. Dick.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:13 pm

Dan wrote:What an arsehole he was today. Clearly didn’t like us very much either. Dick.

May was his love child.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:14 pm

The One wrote:
Dan wrote:What an arsehole he was today. Clearly didn’t like us very much either. Dick.

May was his love child.

I think you’re right.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:18 pm

Terrible. Irritating and kept getting genuinely excited when Cheltenham had chances, particularly towards the end. I don’t know if he was local or not sure to Covid restrictions.
On the plus side thought the FA player picture quality and camera angle was much better than ifollow.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Beano » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:19 pm

Referring to the result as “a famous victory” was stretching it a bit I thought :lol: :lol:

As for May, I would personally fetch him over here in a wheelbarrow, with Lego stuffed in my socks. He was a different class to everyone today, the exact sort of player we are missing.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:29 pm

Spireite maybe ?
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:22 am

NorthLondonStag wrote:Terrible. Irritating and kept getting genuinely excited when Cheltenham had chances, particularly towards the end. I don’t know if he was local or not sure to Covid restrictions.
On the plus side thought the FA player picture quality and camera angle was much better than ifollow.

I had trouble streaming from android phone to firestick during the entire second half so gave up (the first half was watchable but the frame rate seemed very low causing the ball to appear to jump around rather than a slick movement, my tv is a one year old LG smart OLED and brilliant with SKY Q so it must have been a streaming issue as my internet is around 70 mb/s with around 3 users taking up the bandwidth). I can stream adequately without issues using other apps (Disney +, Amazon prime Video etc)
I know we are out of the cup now but in future should I stream direct from TV's browser (rather than screen share option) as the TV and firestick does not have the FA Player app available?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum