{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Adam Murray

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Adam Murray

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:42 pm

The One wrote:You have too much time on your hands TTF

I'd forgotten we had some of these players and enjoyed looking at where they are now
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:32 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I honestly think that Murray was the one we let get away. He signed some phenomenal players on a total shoestring of a budget and saved us from certain relegation. The two managers who followed spent a fortune on players yet relied on those signed by Murray as the backbone of their teams.

At the time of his sacking, our chairman was desperate for instant success and thought he could buy it with big name managers. We are still in the same league and it’s only now that we have Clough in charge that I am confident we will progress to the next level. If we had stuck with Murray and given him the same budget, I feel we would have made the progression to league one at least by now.

I have watched his time as caretaker manager at Barnsley on two occasions and each time he has left them better than when he took over. I would have welcomed him back at Mansfield before Nigel arrived and am sure that given a couple of seasons in charge of any league two club, he will get them in shape and moving forward.

So in summary no please don’t sign him as we don’t want another rival for next year’s promotion race.

Saved us from certain relegation?
I don't remember this.
He lost 9 of the last 10 league games that season winning the other in a 6 pointer v Tranmere.
Luckily there were two or three poorer sides who could not bridge the gap despite our collapse at the business end of the season.

Well done for quashing the stupid idea that he saved us from certain relegation. Also factor in when under the manager he took over from he engineered such dressing room discord that he was put out on loan at a club about 3 levels lower than Hednesford Town play at.
Was a great player but in his stint as manager I was glad to see the back off him.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:33 pm

Spiritater wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I honestly think that Murray was the one we let get away. He signed some phenomenal players on a total shoestring of a budget and saved us from certain relegation. The two managers who followed spent a fortune on players yet relied on those signed by Murray as the backbone of their teams.

At the time of his sacking, our chairman was desperate for instant success and thought he could buy it with big name managers. We are still in the same league and it’s only now that we have Clough in charge that I am confident we will progress to the next level. If we had stuck with Murray and given him the same budget, I feel we would have made the progression to league one at least by now.

I have watched his time as caretaker manager at Barnsley on two occasions and each time he has left them better than when he took over. I would have welcomed him back at Mansfield before Nigel arrived and am sure that given a couple of seasons in charge of any league two club, he will get them in shape and moving forward.

So in summary no please don’t sign him as we don’t want another rival for next year’s promotion race.

Saved us from certain relegation?
I don't remember this.
He lost 9 of the last 10 league games that season winning the other in a 6 pointer v Tranmere.
Luckily there were two or three poorer sides who could not bridge the gap despite our collapse at the business end of the season.

Well done for quashing the stupid idea that he saved us from certain relegation. Also factor in when under the manager he took over from he engineered such dressing room discord that he was put out on loan at a club about 3 levels lower than Hednesford Town play at.
Was a great player but in his stint as manager I was glad to see the back off him.

Here here
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:39 pm

The One wrote:You have too much time on your hands TTF

Loves his stats does Darren.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:45 pm

I’m convinced Darren has these readily typed out somewhere and copy’s and pastes them :lol: great research.

I’ve never seen him mention Farrend Rawson in a post without the description ‘head it and kick it’ defender.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum