{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:16 am

I am Spartacus wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:How can anyone possibly know that?

If you follow him on Twitter, Ricky is often talking about his struggles with his mental health and how alcohol and other things became a crutch then overtook his life.

Fair play to him, he really has turned it around.

Yes I do, I’ve seen his posts and he’s done very well to get back into football.

All my point was, was that just because he has mental health issues, you can’t possibly know that every time he’s done something stupid off the pitch it was down to those issues.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:39 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

If you follow him on Twitter, Ricky is often talking about his struggles with his mental health and how alcohol and other things became a crutch then overtook his life.

Yes I do, I’ve seen his posts and he’s done very well to get back into football.

All my point was, was that just because he has mental health issues, you can’t possibly know that every time he’s done something stupid off the pitch it was down to those issues.

True sometimes folk are just richard heads. Take those ravers in France New Year, mental health issues no, just complete c ocks the lot of em.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:30 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

Nor can you say that it wasn't, but you used it as a stick to beat him with.
If you are aware of his issues, and understand how mental health problems can affect people's behaviour, then why bring it up ?
His achievements, despite the setbacks, need to be applauded and highlighted as a positive for other sufferers.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:47 pm

I’m the one who posted about him being back in football and scoring on debut in the first place, and thus highlighting his achievements.

Someone mentioned his time here and I mentioned his life off the pitch, which is what has affected his career so far, by his own admission. This he says is linked to his anxiety issues, which may well be true, but as you have agreed, there is no way of knowing what he was like before he started suffering with these issues.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:59 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I’m the one who posted about him being back in football and scoring on debut in the first place, and thus highlighting his achievements.

Someone mentioned his time here and I mentioned his life off the pitch, which is what has affected his career so far, by his own admission. This he says is linked to his anxiety issues, which may well be true, but as you have agreed, there is no way of knowing what he was like before he started suffering with these issues.

So well done on the first part, but then you spoilt it.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:03 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I’m the one who posted about him being back in football and scoring on debut in the first place, and thus highlighting his achievements.

If so then I apologise, it wasn’t my intention to offend or degrade.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:36 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

If so then I apologise, it wasn’t my intention to offend or degrade.

No offense taken by or, in my opinion given by your post. Ricky has said that a lot of his issues started with becoming a professional footballer and was a better person non-league.

All in all, I think that following his short spell here that did not work out for either I don’t think anyone wishes him anything other than good luck for his future.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:40 pm

Joey Barton, has made Fleetwood Striker Ched Evans available due to ‘repeated disciplinary infractions’. Yes, you read that correctly, serial idiot is shifting a player on for exactly the same sort of behaviour as he himself is renowned for. Today is the day that irony died in football.

This announcement pushed into second place the news that the pot was suing the kettle for calling him black. Apparently all cooking utensils matter!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:04 pm

His story is very similar to Billy Kee yet for some reason BK gets a lot more sympathy.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:28 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

Wow! Did xMind give you that stunning insight into the mental health issues of someone you don’t know?

Jesus.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:44 pm

speaking of mental health issues, none of us knows the mental health of others on here that we don't know personally, so can we please try and be kind or at least respectful to each other, especially as we enter lockdown 3.0
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:46 pm

Krystian Pearce a free agent again.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:55 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

The chief was an outstanding player for us, however I dont think it would be prudent to sign him.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:17 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:speaking of mental health issues, none of us knows the mental health of others on here that we don't know personally, so can we please try and be kind or at least respectful to each other, especially as we enter lockdown 3.0

Indeed. Let’s hope Bowery, Reid, Rawson, Stech and others don’t read this site.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:17 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

The chief was an outstanding player for us, however I dont think it would be prudent to sign him.

Released by Solihull. That sentence.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:33 pm

Get him in.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:08 pm

Keep him out. Not good enough in his last season imo and Solihull obviously think he isn’t up to it either.......Solihull!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:12 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Keep him out. Not good enough in his last season imo and Solihull obviously think he isn’t up to it either.......Solihull!!!

Not necessarily, could be due to financial constraints or he could already have a move to a better side lined up.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:13 pm

No thanks
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:24 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Keep him out. Not good enough in his last season imo and Solihull obviously think he isn’t up to it either.......Solihull!!!

It was only ever a short term deal. It's not a case of them not wanting him.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:30 pm

How things change in a few weeks most on here would have taken him back over any of our current centre half’s..
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:29 pm

Billy the fish wrote:How things change in a few weeks most on here would have taken him back over any of our current centre half’s..

The begging replies and tagging of the Radford’s on that Twitter thread is embarrassing.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:36 pm

Billy the fish wrote:How things change in a few weeks most on here would have taken him back over any of our current centre half’s..

How things change in a few weeks most on here thinking Bowery was the worst player they've ever seen in a stags shirt :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:51 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

How things change in a few weeks most on here thinking Bowery was the worst player they've ever seen in a stags shirt :lol:

Something about playing with a bell in the ball wasn't it?

Be interesting to see what Chief has lined up.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:07 pm

Stoney wrote:

It was only ever a short term deal. It's not a case of them not wanting him.

Possibly but he looked poor a few times I’ve seen him this season. Opinions, but that ship has sailed. I loved him here but never go backwards. Hope he does well wherever he goes.....Chesterfield....cough, cough :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum