{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Daggers scorefred sponsored by Stone's our No1

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Daggers scorefred sponsored by Stone's our No1

Postby part time pete » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:23 am

Any chance of fans being able to see this game, or will Mansfield be put in tier 3.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:35 am

part time pete wrote:Any chance of fans being able to see this game, or will Mansfield be put in tier 3.

BBC are showing it live and iFollow can only stream Martins' audio
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:38 am

part time pete wrote:Any chance of fans being able to see this game, or will Mansfield be put in tier 3.

next Wednesday is the first day after lockdown where fans might be allowed in. Cambridge might be allowed fans next Wednesday, and they already ran two pilots earlier in the season so would be more geared up for it than most.
The tiers are announced on Thursday.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:51 am

I think the players will be desperate to show last night’s results was a blip and put in a solid performance. I expect Dagenham to put up a fight but will be undone by a better team.

If we get an early goal, it could be three or four. If not I expect a 2-1 win.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:57 am

To be honest I don't think they'll be a mad rush to risk catching covid and pay £25 to watch the sort of performance served up last nite!
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:18 am

once fans are allowed back will match passes for £10 continue?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:07 pm

Sedgwick wrote:once fans are allowed back will match passes for £10 continue?

Certainly whilst there is a reduced attendance, yes. After that, who knows for Saturday games. But I would guess it would go back to the previous arrangements.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:47 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

Certainly whilst there is a reduced attendance, yes. After that, who knows for Saturday games. But I would guess it would go back to the previous arrangements.

I think they should open it up to fans who live no where near their clubs, Id even pay the full price of a match day ticket.... Its the 100 odd quid on trains getting to games that im enjoying not paying.

Back to the Game.. 100% start Stone and Sweeney, give perch a rest. Start Cook and Reid? O'keefe back in a gordon further up the pitch.

Not sure about the rest of the squad, need to freshen it up but options on the bench aren't much better.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:58 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I think they should open it up to fans who live no where near their clubs, Id even pay the full price of a match day ticket.... Its the 100 odd quid on trains getting to games that im enjoying not paying.

Back to the Game.. 100% start Stone and Sweeney, give perch a rest. Start Cook and Reid? O'keefe back in a gordon further up the pitch.

Not sure about the rest of the squad, need to freshen it up but options on the bench aren't much better.

Well I never. Thought you'd have a chauffeur with your huge pay check, train tickets are small change surely?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:31 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Well I never. Thought you'd have a chauffeur with your huge pay check, train tickets are small change surely?

:D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:39 pm

Can already see where this thread is going.

3-0 victory to the stags

Cook X 2 + Reid
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:12 pm

Make some changes for this, give others a chance as the other lads have ran out of consistency.

Sweeney, Sinclair, Cook, all should play.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:14 pm

Spiritater wrote:So end of the road for Paulstag sadly as the players produced another master class of woeful ineptitude. A free hit for Young Nigel now in t'Cup and another chance for the fringe players to stake a claim.
I'm not hopeful though and fear we're ripe for a'shock', to be compouded when the 3rd Rnd draw's made and t'Daggers draw some plum tie like Manure at thier gaff
But then again I could be wrong. Up to the players to prove me so.

Won't be fringe players according to Clough, full strength depending on knocks from Tuesday.
3-0 stags
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:18 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Doesn't matter what your paycheck, wasting money on travel isn't a good idea if you can avoid it, trains in this country are extorionate and soon add up... especially from where I live atm.

another thread having a go at people is it :roll:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:24 pm

I think they will offer it free for season ticket holders still, as some people wont want to return to the ground yet.

Unless there is an option to say you wont be going to the match and you would prefer to stream it.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:57 pm

lifestags wrote:I think they will offer it free for season ticket holders still, as some people wont want to return to the ground yet.

Unless there is an option to say you wont be going to the match and you would prefer to stream it.

We're likely to have a reduced attendance all season, so I was really talking about next season.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:35 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Doesn't matter what your paycheck, wasting money on travel isn't a good idea if you can avoid it, trains in this country are extorionate and soon add up... especially from where I live atm.

If you book early with Trainline and are willing to book your specific train time weeks in advance then you can get some very decent prices but it does seem to vary enormously.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:37 pm

It’s good we are doing badly in the league so now we can concentrate on the cup.

I’ll go for 3 0 the stags, followed by an Arsenal away draw and a chance of watching us in the third round!
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:18 pm

The surprise win at Sunderland will have provided the team with confidence and the results until Tuesday were promising.

If we're able to get another win here the prize money will help and hopefully we're lucky in the 3rd round draw.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:30 pm

adamstag wrote:The surprise win at Sunderland will have provided the team with confidence and the results until Tuesday were promising.

If we're able to get another win here the prize money will help and hopefully we're lucky in the 3rd round draw.

We are destined to win and get one of Nigel’s old clubs.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:50 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
adamstag wrote:The surprise win at Sunderland will have provided the team with confidence and the results until Tuesday were promising.

This season's cup run might be bitter sweet. we average a 3rd round appearance every 4 or 5 years so to get one and get a plum tie during this season would be just our luck. I would rather strike lucky in any other season so we can attend and enjoy the experience. I think I would feel cheated if we had an away tie v Tottenham and could not attend. I would much rather wait and draw a big six club away next season (or even Everton) if offered the choice and take Reading or Preston away this season behind closed doors. I know this seasons draw does not have any impact on next seasons draw (they are not linked in any way) but it seems to happen this way in reality (ie good draw in 2021 followed by several years of failures and poor draws : law of averages maybe)
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:59 pm

ST4GS wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

This season's cup run might be bitter sweet. we average a 3rd round appearance every 4 or 5 years so to get one and get a plum tie during this season would be just our luck. I would rather strike lucky in any other season so we can attend and enjoy the experience. I think I would feel cheated if we had an away tie v Tottenham and could not attend. I would much rather wait and draw a big six club away next season (or even Everton) if offered the choice and take Reading or Preston away this season behind closed doors. I know this seasons draw does not have any impact on next seasons draw (they are not linked in any way) but it seems to happen this way in reality (ie good draw in 2021 followed by several years of failures and poor draws : law of averages maybe)

Although I agree with that logic, I just wish someone would tell Newport :D :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:01 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

If you book early with Trainline and are willing to book your specific train time weeks in advance then you can get some very decent prices but it does seem to vary enormously.[/quote]

Tried it before but often Ill get asked if I fancy going stags and ill be somewhere like Glasgow or Falmouth :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:03 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

Id love to play Derby right now, not joking we could really have a chance of beating them... Their first team is mostly overrated kids and their reserves are even worse

Would be great for NC to have a cup upset over them :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:07 pm

I'd like to see Maynard & Reid play together, we got a glimpse of an understanding between them in one game, can't remember which but they seemed to instinctively know where each other would be.
pemill
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum