{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fans allowed back?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Fans allowed back?

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:00 pm

It's strange because some clubs have been told to prepare for social distancing future crowds but apparently not all (and I'm talking same sized clubs in the same leagues)

Ground we were at this week had started to take out seats in one stand and tape off/cover others because they'd been told to prepare now.

I really hope its sooner than we think.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:05 pm

Sedgwick wrote:It's strange because some clubs have been told to prepare for social distancing future crowds but apparently not all (and I'm talking same sized clubs in the same leagues)

Ground we were at this week had started to take out seats in one stand and tape off/cover others because they'd been told to prepare now.

Which ground was that?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:14 pm

I find it highly unlikely the current lockdown will finish on 2nd Dec and suspect will be in place over - or right upto Christmas.

Really can't see crowds in grounds before Easter, let alone Christmas.

I hope I'm wrong but it's simply not going to happen
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:16 pm

Karen Brady doing an interview this morning on BBC News saying the premier league might have fans back from March next year. That’s the plan. Can’t see it being this season personally, which is daft considering you can go to a cinema or bump into someone down an aisle shopping, but hey ho!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:56 pm

Dan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:It's strange because some clubs have been told to prepare for social distancing future crowds but apparently not all (and I'm talking same sized clubs in the same leagues)

Which ground was that?

Edgeley Park.

Back there on Wednesday, interested to see if they carried on or left it
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:06 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:

Which ground was that?

Edgeley Park.

Back there on Wednesday, interested to see if they carried on or left it

I noticed on tele that Colchester have done it in two of their stands, they've taken out lots of seats and left 2's, 3's & 4's for people to sit together.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:45 pm

I very much doubt it before Christmas. Easter more likely.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby DAVE H » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:51 pm

It says fans can't sit next to each other ,even in your bubble. Clubs have sold season tickets , with people sat next to each other , so this his going to cause problems .Seating arrangements will have to change
DAVE H
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:18 pm

DAVE H wrote:It says fans can't sit next to each other ,even in your bubble. Clubs have sold season tickets , with people sat next to each other , so this his going to cause problems .Seating arrangements will have to change

They'd already made plans for STH's before 1st October - we'd moved from Block E to B or something or other - and some were in the North Stand
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DAVE H » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:31 pm

adamstag wrote:
DAVE H wrote:It says fans can't sit next to each other ,even in your bubble. Clubs have sold season tickets , with people sat next to each other , so this his going to cause problems .Seating arrangements will have to change

They'd already made plans for STH's before 1st October - we'd moved from Block E to B or something or other - and some were in the North Stand

Yes Adam but those plans was with some people sat next to each other in your bubble , now there saying everyone must sit at least 1 seat apart and one empty row in-between supporters
DAVE H
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:08 pm

Wouldn’t read too much into it yet, rules will probably change three times pre implementation, twice during and then follow a u-turn which seemed like common sense right back at the start.
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:41 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:Wouldn’t read too much into it yet, rules will probably change three times pre implementation, twice during and then follow a u-turn which seemed like common sense right back at the start.

:lol: Still at least the Nutcracker at the Albert Hall is still going ahead with a live audience next month, that's a relief for those who've really struggled with lockdown..
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:14 pm

Statement this afternoon from borris to allow max 4000 fans to outdoor sports in low risk areas.
It needs to go to a vote from MPs but a good sign for clubs.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:30 pm

chip63 wrote:Statement this afternoon from borris to allow max 4000 fans to outdoor sports in low risk areas.
It needs to go to a vote from MPs but a good sign for clubs.

The rumour was tier 1 locations only which we’re unlikely to be in at least to begin with.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby pemill » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:40 pm

From what I have read on BBC Sport it won't affect us, we'll still be in tier 3 which means zero fans allowed in the ground.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:05 pm

Anyone see the PMs conference on BBC News ? The pic on the sidebar when they’re talking about fans coming back is Sir Mal!

You Stags
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Yes, Sir Mal, was it one of your pictures Dan.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:26 pm

part time pete wrote:Yes, Sir Mal, was it one of your pictures Dan.

Dan, you know I think you’re a cockend but that’s a cracking pic.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:34 pm

Looks like it depends whether we're in Tier 2 or 3. If it's 3, we'll be one of the clubs with no spectators allowed. If it's 2, we'll have a maximum crowd capacity outdoors of 50% of the capacity of the stadium or 2,000 people, whichever is smaller. Touch and go which tier we'll be in, and we don't find out until Thursday. I'm hoping that judging the tiers will include whether the virus spread is increasing or decreasing. It's decreasing in Mansfield, but may be still at too high a level by Thursday.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:37 pm

Bradders wrote:Looks like it depends whether we're in Tier 2 or 3. If it's 3, we'll be one of the clubs with no spectators allowed. If it's 2, we'll have a maximum crowd capacity outdoors of 50% of the capacity of the stadium or 2,000 people, whichever is smaller. Touch and go which tier we'll be in, and we don't find out until Thursday. I'm hoping that judging the tiers will include whether the virus spread is increasing or decreasing. It's decreasing in Mansfield, but may be still at too high a level by Thursday.

Might encourage people to screw the nut now there’s tangible benefits to reducing the spread ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:45 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Anyone see the PMs conference on BBC News ? The pic on the sidebar when they’re talking about fans coming back is Sir Mal!

You Stags

Obviously we have a fan in t'Beeb media. He/she was probably there when Sir Mal drove the dagger into the sheep's hearts that day and wants to keep reminding those t'other side of the M1 of it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:06 pm

Sorry to be mister negative but weekly cases up to 15th November were higher in Mansfield, Ashfield and Bassetlaw than they were in the week we were put into tier 3 before the current lockdown started.
Notts Director for Public Health said on Friday that there was a modest reduction in case numbers in the county, but not a sustained downward trend.
I genuinely can't see us being in anything other than tier 3 when the current lockdown initially comes to an end, but as belly has said above, the 'carrot' of seeing other clubs getting fans in may encourage people to toe the line a bit more so they can have the same benefits.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:27 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:Sorry to be mister negative but weekly cases up to 15th November were higher in Mansfield, Ashfield and Bassetlaw than they were in the week we were put into tier 3 before the current lockdown started.
Notts Director for Public Health said on Friday that there was a modest reduction in case numbers in the county, but not a sustained downward trend.
I genuinely can't see us being in anything other than tier 3 when the current lockdown initially comes to an end, but as belly has said above, the 'carrot' of seeing other clubs getting fans in may encourage people to toe the line a bit more so they can have the same benefits.

Doubt it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:08 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Sorry to be mister negative but weekly cases up to 15th November were higher in Mansfield, Ashfield and Bassetlaw than they were in the week we were put into tier 3 before the current lockdown started.

Doubt it.

As always, the ray of sunshine

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum