{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Harrogate score thread sponsored by Stech is our number 1

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Harrogate score thread sponsored by Stech is our number 1

Postby Paulstag » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:42 pm

:coys:
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Harrogate score thread sponsored by Stech is our number

Postby broomo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:59 pm

2-0 and we start to close the gap to mid table.

Win this and we're only 2 points behind them and yes I do think Marek should keep his place, it would be harsh to leave him out after just one "misjudgment". His overall performances in the last four games have been good enough.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:24 pm

I’m expectant for the first time in a while, we need to be winning this. 3-0 stags.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:41 pm

Emphatic win 3-0, start climbing the table.Harrogate started well but are struggling now.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:33 pm

Fancy us to win by a couple. 3 or 4-1!
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:37 pm

Time to get the first home win under our belts.

2-0 Rawson and Bowery.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:22 pm

Harrogate are another good passing team , but I expect us to win ,
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:39 pm

daddycool wrote:Harrogate are another good passing team , but I expect us to win ,

not when they're pressed... seen them crumble and look dodgy twice this season away against high pressing teams.

Stech probably still starting.... I would love to go with stone, just have a feeling about him. Also how often do young keepers get given a chance then get snapped up by bigger clubs, cant recall many doing it from this league
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:59 pm

lifestags wrote:I’m expectant for the first time in a while, we need to be winning this. 3-0 stags.

Congratulations, hope you and baby are both fine :D

A clean sheet for the stags, hoping 2-0.
Tiredness might start coming into it, Clough doesn't seem to use many subs yet.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:13 pm

:) Lets hope we stay unbeaten and hopefully get a win and 3 points to pull away from the lower end of the league.

Super Stags 2 Harrogate 0 Maynard and Benning :)

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:18 pm

Harrogate’s keeper is a lifelong Notts County fan so he’s going to be giving an extra 10% to stop us from scoring! You just know he’s going to have a blinder. Hopefully we can still manage to beat him though.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:28 pm

Do Harrogate still have that ex Mansfield full back. Think he was a YT product who never made a first team appearance. His name escapes me but played well Vs notts in the conference play off final.

I think it's clicking. Really liking perch in defence calming everything down and lapslie and Charsley in midfield are looking very dynamic.

I'll go for stags 2 Harrogate railway 0.

Maynard and Clarke.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:31 pm

yes, Warren Burrell. Didn't start in the last game (came on as sub) but started in the game before that.

I guess you might be joking about Harrogate Railway. But for anyone who doesn't know, Harrogate Town is a different club to Harrogate Railway who we played in the FA Cup (full match was available during lockdown!). We've never played Harrogate Town.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:39 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:yes, Warren Burrell. Didn't start in the last game (came on as sub) but started in the game before that.

I guess you might be joking about Harrogate Railway. But for anyone who doesn't know, Harrogate Town is a different club to Harrogate Railway who we played in the FA Cup (full match was available during lockdown!). We've never played Harrogate Town.

It was a joke. I know we're not playing Railway. The fact Harrogate has 2 clubs is surprising. The fact one has made its way to the football league is amazing really. Wish it was Railway though, great name.

Edit - just checked it's population, circa 75k. More substantial than I thought. I thought it was like Newark size.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:54 pm

BT Sport made a 90 minute documentary about Harrogate Town which was aired last month, focussing on the lockdown and subsequent promotion to the Football League. I've waited to watch it until now so I can use it as part of my prep for the game.

If you're a BT Sport customer, you can watch it here:
https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/video/ca ... o-be-town0

It's very good.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:57 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:BT Sport made a 90 minute documentary about Harrogate Town which was aired last month, focussing on the lockdown and subsequent promotion to the Football League. I've waited to watch it until now so I can use it as part of my prep for the game.

If you're a BT Sport customer, you can watch it here:
https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/video/ca ... o-be-town0

It's very good.

Definitely give that a watch.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:07 pm

Fear for us with the flapper in goal. Defence can' have much confidence in him, I know I don't.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:36 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:yes, Warren Burrell. Didn't start in the last game (came on as sub) but started in the game before that.

It was a joke. I know we're not playing Railway. The fact Harrogate has 2 clubs is surprising. The fact one has made its way to the football league is amazing really. Wish it was Railway though, great name.

Edit - just checked it's population, circa 75k. More substantial than I thought. I thought it was like Newark size.

Harrogate is at least the size of Mansfield and is arguably more affluent.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:22 am

I watched Harrogate on TV at the start of the season, this isn't going to be a walk in the park
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:40 am

Chander Lear wrote:I watched Harrogate on TV at the start of the season, this isn't going to be a walk in the park
Agree. I was very impressed. I had them as play off contenders at worse and maybe top three, although it was too early in the season. I don't know what has got wrong as they have not won in the league for six games. Only Salford look a better team of the ones I have seen this season.
This game will be equally as difficult as the Colchester game if not more difficult (hope we can keep it tight at the back, keep them on the back foot by pressing them, engage them in their half for long periods, have a decent possession count as they will look for 55%+ and most important is cut out the individual costly errors.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:41 am

bellwhiff wrote:

Harrogate population is 75k.
Mansfield is 105k, plus we have Ashfield right next door with another 125k.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:23 am

Jamie wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Harrogate population is 75k.
Mansfield is 105k, plus we have Ashfield right next door with another 125k.

Average salary 2020
Harrogate £36k
Mansfield £28k

You need to be earning more to live there due to the outrageous price of tea & cake there.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:19 pm

A slippery slope here, they are a wounded beast , that will fight and scrap foe every ball nothing to lose, unlike Mansfield looking to get out this league ,they would be happy to just stay in it.
This game will need 100% commitment and a draw will be disappointing,, but better than us thinking of 3 points as a right, Clough will be looking for characters here to take us across the line
looking at the team as a jigsaw puzzle ,how many of the current squad fit, Strong characters will be needed complacency the enemy ,teams on a losing streak must be respected, nothing must be taken for granted. and i fall for it never thought of losing , UNTHINKABLE funny old game football never over till the final whistle
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:07 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
daddycool wrote:Harrogate are another good passing team , but I expect us to win ,

not when they're pressed... seen them crumble and look dodgy twice this season away against high pressing teams.

Stech probably still starting.... I would love to go with stone, just have a feeling about him. Also how often do young keepers get given a chance then get snapped up by bigger clubs, cant recall many doing it from this league

I like the look of Stone as well, his display at Scunthorpe was very assured.

His distribution looked good, his throw out that set us on the attack showed quick thinking and his handling of balls at his feet in our box showed an air of confidence bordering on cheeky.

His time will come.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:18 pm

Again I agree with Sedgwick here, if we press them in midfield we'll beat them and perhaps comfortably.

They not got many players with football league experience, other than Jon Stead and he seems to be a bit part player these days.

The 2 central midfielders are both capable of playing a threaded through ball, so we'll have to be on our toes to that, but they also sometimes try to force a pass that isnt on. Falkingham (4 )who's arguably their most experienced player with over 100 games for Dunfermline and ex Chesterfield player Lloyd Kerry (17). Both players like to get on the ball and everything goes through them.

Their main goal threat comes from Jack Muldoon with 7 goals so far, two of those against Southend who everyone seems to tonk and only one in his last 7 games. I expect it to be him and Aaron Martin up top. Perch and Rawson are plenty good enough to deal with them.

Their back 4 seems capable of going AWOL on a regular basis, especially if they're chasing tbe game and their centre half Jake Lawlor (12) is prone to lose his man, especially to a ball over the top, which to be fair, we don't really look for. He'll probably only play if Will Smith is still out injured, but if he plays, I expect Bowery's running to cause him all kinds of bother.

They do play some neat and tidy stuff but often get caught too far up the pitch when it breaks down. I expect both McLaughlin and Charsley to have occasions where they're in a lot of space on the counter and Mclaughlins delivery will cause them problems if he keeps looking for the far post.

I think after a bright start to the season, they could end up struggling.

We're a better team in every area and I expect us to show that.
Last edited by broomo on Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum