{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough and Stech press conference, Thur 19 Nov

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Clough and Stech press conference, Thur 19 Nov

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:00 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Clough press conference, Thur 19 Nov

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:37 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Clough and Stech press conference, Thur 19 Nov

Postby S7AGS » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:13 pm

What I like about Clough so far is that he genuinely seems happy to be here...Evans never did, had a lot to say but made it clear he was bigger than the club and couldn't wait to get away, Flitcroft never seemed fully happy, always seemed like he'd got some sort of beef with the club and Coughlan well who knows, seemed grumpy and aloof to me!
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby broomo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:49 pm

S7AGS wrote:What I like about Clough so far is that he genuinely seems happy to be here...Evans never did, had a lot to say but made it clear he was bigger than the club and couldn't wait to get away, Flitcroft never seemed fully happy, always seemed like he'd got some sort of beef with the club and Coughlan well who knows, seemed grumpy and aloof to me!

I'll say again that you lot, the fans have played a huge part in that. The positivity, universal acceptance and in a lot of cases almost pride in him coming here WILL have given him a massive lift and will mean he wants to repay thay faith.

Of course 3 wins on the bounce helps ;-)
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:00 pm

S7AGS wrote:What I like about Clough so far is that he genuinely seems happy to be here...Evans never did, had a lot to say but made it clear he was bigger than the club and couldn't wait to get away, Flitcroft never seemed fully happy, always seemed like he'd got some sort of beef with the club and Coughlan well who knows, seemed grumpy and aloof to me!

After a while, Evans created a "us vs them" mentality between the fans and the players. Very toxic in the end I felt.

Clough just seems to be a genuine bloke. And hopefully brings a level of identity that we need back at the club. Kind of lost ourselves a little
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:37 pm

broomo wrote:

I'll say again that you lot, the fans have played a huge part in that. The positivity, universal acceptance and in a lot of cases almost pride in him coming here WILL have given him a massive lift and will mean he wants to repay thay faith.

I think we are privileged to have him. Early days, however I think he will shape us, give us a sound base and ultimately progress us.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:01 pm

broomo wrote:

No almost about it. I'm massively proud that he's our gaffer. Still can't quite believe it to be honest. I found myself in a bit of awe while I was taking photos of him at Scunthorpe which is weird as I took plenty of pics of him while he was Burton manager. But now he's 'ours' it feels a lot different.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:31 pm

longer interviews on iFollow

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:24 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:47 pm

Clough keen to see U21 players on bench
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... s-on-bench
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby KJW STAG » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:07 pm

:lol:

KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:32 pm

Dan wrote:
broomo wrote:

No almost about it. I'm massively proud that he's our gaffer. Still can't quite believe it to be honest. I found myself in a bit of awe while I was taking photos of him at Scunthorpe which is weird as I took plenty of pics of him while he was Burton manager. But now he's 'ours' it feels a lot different.

Sounds like abit of a man crush mate :lol:
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:46 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Dan wrote:
broomo wrote:

Sounds like abit of a man crush mate :lol:

I think it might be :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:00 pm

"Local photographer has a fling with Mansfield Town manager Clough"

Nice headline for the chad
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby ParisStag » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:34 pm

broomo wrote:

The reception he gets when we're allowed back in will blow his socks off.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:45 am

ParisStag wrote:
broomo wrote:

That all depends on our progression from now till then. Mid table and as near safe as dammit then it's job done and we'll feel fab.
Still crapping our pants in t'bottom four and the reception will be somewhat tense and muted.
However I think young Nigel will be looking at the former scenario and he'll be happy we're happy in his world.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:15 pm

Spiritater wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
broomo wrote:

That all depends on our progression from now till then. Mid table and as near safe as dammit then it's job done and we'll feel fab.
Still crapping our pants in t'bottom four and the reception will be somewhat tense and muted.
However I think young Nigel will be looking at the former scenario and he'll be happy we're happy in his world.

Just from what I've seen so far under cloughie I definitely don't think we'll be crapping our pants come May.
Although this season is more or less a write off (barring some kind of miracle 25 game run of wins) it's obvious that he and JR have one eye on next season & getting a strong competive squad together for a promotion campaign in 21/22.
I believe fans won't be back this season so on our first home game in Aug 2021 im expecting young nigel to be welcomed loudly by 5000 happy stags fans.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby bear 73 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:17 pm

I Always new about no 9 from my local rivals forest having been a Derby supporter from Brian Clough to Nigel Clough coming to the Rams, having had some wonderful years. The club was in a shambles under Paul Jewel in just over 4 years getting rid of huge wage earners that other clubs refused to match, He built the best Derby team for years on a shoestring has the 2013 play off final shows,, 7 years later 12th manager 160 million spent and still in the championship only bottom. I left Disgusted by the boards action and C-E-O Sam Rush only been there 6 months,and for me a pure dick=head on football. Sheff utd==Burton Albion==F+A cup semi final== 2 league cup semifinals==1 Playoff semi final and a automatic promotion.
to the Championship, with Burton Albion, and two unbelievable years,in the Championship with gates as small has 2-700 fans,,and still left them sitting comfortable in league 1.
Mansfield, with a new stand a Hotel,and better Parking could be comfortable a Championship club, And with my working at Workshop--Mansfield- Clipstone colliery i certainly have fond memory's of the area, and if Clough can work his magic you deserve it, - forget if we dont do it today==we try again tomorrow ==NO i in Team.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:58 pm

If we win tonight we'll be sat 6 points from the playoffs.

I'm not trying to get carried away but the league is tight this year. Imagine if on 1st January we were within 6 points of the playoff places and Nigel starts improving the squad!

Is that unrealistic?

The season should be written off yet.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:48 pm

Winning two games from every three until end of season will get us into the play offs.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum