{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Consistently Inconsistent

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Consistently Inconsistent

Postby BilsthorpeStag » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:03 pm

The form book is pretty much redundant this year. Today’s results again prove that. Only 9pts away from a very special place considering how low we had sunk. Plenty of games to go, playing with confidence and freedom. We’ve played most of the teams expected to be challenging, it was always going to be a difficult start to the season. I’m ready to dream. The beer is flowing here tonight...
BilsthorpeStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Consistently Inconsistent

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:05 pm

one game at a time.... see how we follow this week up on Friday.

But once again, its a crap league and no team is really any better than us, certainly not many better squads on paper.

Anything is possible if you go on a run.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:06 pm

Game at a time... expect the worst and hope for better
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:11 pm

Quietly confident of improved consistency
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:13 pm

Sedgwick wrote:one game at a time.... see how we follow this week up on Friday.

But once again, its a crap league and no team is really any better than us, certainly not many better squads on paper.

I watched the game with FGR commo today and their commentators said we didn't look like a bottom 3 side, we didn't have a bottom 3 squad, and that overall we looked a decent team. I have to agree.

For me this season is about survival. Anything better than just survival is a bonus. The league was there for the taking this year. Shame we messed up.

With Nige on charge, who knows what we're capable of. Imagine of we snuck into the playoffs!
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:16 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:one game at a time.... see how we follow this week up on Friday.

I watched the game with FGR commo today and their commentators said we didn't look like a bottom 3 side, we didn't have a bottom 3 squad, and that overall we looked a decent team. I have to agree.

For me this season is about survival. Anything better than just survival is a bonus. The league was there for the taking this year. Shame we messed up.

With Nige on charge, who knows what we're capable of. Imagine of we snuck into the playoffs!

Agreed, a few fans of theirs have already said were the best side they've played this year.... says a lot.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:35 pm

Makes you wonder exactly where we are and where the state of football is though.

Some of these players - stech, bowery, rawson - to name a few - looked like they’d never seen a football before, and were by and large woeful under GC.

How are they so different now? Was it GC? Did the players not play for him and player power is too strong? Is clough a magician?

League 2 has always been an odd league and I’m sure it’ll continue to be just so - as many have said after a rocky start consolidation with a view to a push next season is the realistic deal
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:16 am

adamstag wrote:Makes you wonder exactly where we are and where the state of football is though.

Some of these players - stech, bowery, rawson - to name a few - looked like they’d never seen a football before, and were by and large woeful under GC.

How are they so different now? Was it GC? Did the players not play for him and player power is too strong? Is clough a magician?

League 2 has always been an odd league and I’m sure it’ll continue to be just so - as many have said after a rocky start consolidation with a view to a push next season is the realistic deal

Different man management. It’s that simple.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:58 am

I still think we’re just a little something off what we need, we know Clough will reinforce in January and with his links and pull you would hope we’d find players to improve us. So for me it’s about what points can we pick up before then? Can we get to mid-table and keep within a couple of wins of the playoffs? If we can over that extended run I’ll start to believe but for now just getting away from the S’s, Stevenage, Scunthorpe and Southend, will do me
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:54 am

I feel a Cox second half of season coming up and we’re still in the Cup
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:46 am

To be honest, a good cup run and team the fans are proud of will be so important for rebuilding our club when we are all allowed back into the ground and we reach some level of normality
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:56 am

Despite surrendering leads against Walsall & Bolton, I've thoroughly enjoyed the last 5 games. It's been that long since i really got any pleasure out of watching a Stags game I'd almost forgot what it felt like.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:52 am

Looking at he 9 games until new year we can definitely get enough points to become steady in mid table, then kick on from there.

And hopefully have a tasty 3rd round tie in January.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum