{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Would you welcome a female manager as GC's replacement?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Would you welcome a female manager as GC's replacement?

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:01 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:06 pm

RudyDude wrote:Have any women in football displayed any of the stupid behaviour regularly on show from males in football?

Maybe it's time for women to become football managers to set better examples. Carolyn would surely support that.

Indeed... Too many Harry maguire type Billy big b*******ks around in the men's game for sure.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby spanishstag » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:31 pm

HU7stag wrote:
Dan wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Norman wrote:Oh no just realised I’ve missed the woman’s FA cup final . Oh dear never mind!

I actually feel the same way about the men's Cup Final now and have done for years. After Rnd 1 I usually lose all interest.

Me too. It’s lost all the magic since they shifted it to 5pm to please international fans. I used to love watching it too especially in the 80’s when coverage would start at 9am and last right up until kick off at 3pm.

And shown on both the BBC and ITV, which normally meant flicking between the 2 channels for the build up.

Wow living in the past ,its an incovenience for the big clubs championship teams play their reserves ,even 3rd and 4th division clubs play weakened teams it will never return to the competition it used to be
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:31 pm

RudyDude wrote:Have any women in football displayed any of the stupid behaviour regularly on show from males in football?

Maybe it's time for women to become football managers to set better examples. Carolyn would surely support that.

Thankfully no, their behavior is exemplary compared to that of the men’s game. Also the American game has a greater standard of behaviour.

It’s up to the clubs to stop that behaviour by not condoning and changing the culture. But then again there is money at stake and that does tend to corrupt.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:35 pm

There are no womens football clubs ,they are on ofshoot of mens clubs says it all really
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:02 pm

spanishstag wrote:There are no womens football clubs ,they are on ofshoot of mens clubs says it all really

And all the teams in the Premier League 2 and Under 23 league are offshoots of professional sides so what are you hoping to achieve?

The women’s sides have affiliated themselves to an existing men’s side to gain experience, share resources, marketing, community involvement etc. To any rational person that is perfectly logical.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:03 pm

spanishstag wrote:There are no womens football clubs ,they are on ofshoot of mens clubs says it all really

Wrong again there Spanish...True that in the WSL & championship there is only the London City lionesses who are not tied into current men's teams ie man City, Chelsea etc but at national league & national league one level there's loads of teams that are not associated with current men's teams.
What this has to do with us potentially having a female manager though I do not know? You've told us a hundred times your feelings on women's football I think we've got it by now!
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:06 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:

Wrong again there Spanish...True that in the WSL & championship there is only the London City lionesses who are not tied into current men's teams ie man City, Chelsea etc but at national league & national league one level there's loads of teams that are not associated with current men's teams.
What this has to do with us potentially having a female manager though I do not know? You've told us a hundred times your feelings on women's football I think we've got it by now!

We get it Spanish, you are spending your days being ‘blown out’ by all the pretty senoritas and ladies on holiday and have decided to take it out on the women’s game. Let it go..
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:58 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

We get it Spanish, you are spending your days being ‘blown out’ by all the pretty senoritas and ladies on holiday and have decided to take it out on the women’s game. Let it go..

Dont judge me by your own standards extremely happy and content with my lass oh and if you were as clever as you think you would realise theres a pandemic not many tourists here
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:37 pm

Woman’s football is what it is no matter how the media jazz it up . I don’t want to watch it , but if others do fair play. It should never ever be compared to the men’s game . It’s below schoolboy standard and this as been proven !
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:57 am

Women’s football is not good to watch. It’s rubbish and particularly the standard of goalkeeping.

Having said that, I do enjoy some female sports. Beach volleyball is a particular favourite of mine.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:54 am

bellwhiff wrote:Women’s football is not good to watch. It’s rubbish and particularly the standard of goalkeeping.

Having said that, I do enjoy some female sports. Beach volleyball is a particular favourite of mine.

Really?! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/54774357
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:12 am

Non Stech could learn a thing or two off her.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:50 pm

Norman wrote:Woman’s football is what it is no matter how the media jazz it up . I don’t want to watch it , but if others do fair play. It should never ever be compared to the men’s game . It’s below schoolboy standard and this as been proven !

Didn't an Australian U15's grassroots boys team beat the Women's National Team 15-0 or something daft?
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:43 pm

We'd get a load of publicity if we did. It'd be worth it. If they have their coaching badges then why not? Dismissing someone because they have different genitals or are seen as inferior players is silly. Their job would be to manage the side not play in it.

There's managers out there who are managing at a level higher than they played at. An example is Danny Cowley.

I feel we need someone with experience right now. We've done 2 experiments with inexperienced managers and it didn't go well. I don't think the fan base could withstand a 3rd experiment.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:16 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Women’s football is not good to watch. It’s rubbish and particularly the standard of goalkeeping.

I suppose Tennis is the sport that Women have had the most exposure over the past 50 years or so and has created many household names. It is watchable too without too much comparison to the men's game.

Although tennis is a weird game in that only the very last point played matters (the other points played are irrelevant).
It's also weird in that a point is worth a different amount depending on the previous points played and one player can be awarded a different amount of points for winning a rally compared to their opponent.
ie score is 30-15 (if server wins the next point the server is awarded only 10 points but if the receiver wins then they get 15???), I am surprised no one has complained mid game regarding the inequality to the umpire.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:32 pm

Of course the standard of womens football is lower, its half a century behind in terms of development. This is absolutely nothing to do with the ability to manage however.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:33 pm

ST4GS wrote:

I suppose Tennis is the sport that Women have had the most exposure over the past 50 years or so and has created many household names. It is watchable too without too much comparison to the men's game.

Although tennis is a weird game in that only the very last point played matters (the other points played are irrelevant).
It's also weird in that a point is worth a different amount depending on the previous points played and one player can be awarded a different amount of points for winning a rally compared to their opponent.
ie score is 30-15 (if server wins the next point the server is awarded only 10 points but if the receiver wins then they get 15???), I am surprised no one has complained mid game regarding the inequality to the umpire.

Tennis bores the living daylights out of me. Women’s tennis is on a par with male tennis with the added grunting that sounds like a load of hippos getting funky.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby young vanish » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:45 pm

I watched the Women's Cup final on Sunday, both teams displayed more footballing skills and ability than anything I've seen from Stags this season
⚽ What ☆ me ☆ worry? ⚽
young vanish
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:30 pm

ST4GS wrote:

You need to understand the history of tennis and their scoring system.

Each game needs to a player to win four points and then by at least two points.

Historically the points were associated by timings on a clock. Each point was associated with a quarter of an hour, so the first point is known as fifteen, the second point won is thirty, the third point won was originally forty-five but over time this got shortened to forty. Just easier to say 40 than 45. This is why the point system is 15,30,40 game.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:39 pm

I remember watching an interview with Emma Heyes where she said that the goals need to be made smaller in the women’s game, due to the physical differences of men and women. Makes sense to me.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:49 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

I remember watching an interview with Emma Heyes where she said that the goals need to be made smaller in the women’s game, due to the physical differences of men and women. Makes sense to me.

The goals have been the same size for nigh on a century ,get them wimmin on steroids
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:56 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Seems logical, the FA will never go for it.

I hope things have improved for kids, I used to coach U12s and they played on full size pitches with full size nets. The most successful teams were the ones that signed freakishly big kids who could kick the ball higher & further than their average sized counterparts.

Any skill & flare was kicked out of the kids by some dinosaur coaches & vile parents.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:45 pm

Donny Rovers have Doncaster Belle's coach taking care of them today as all the DRFC coaching staff are self isolating.

Dunno is the Belle's coach is a female.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:40 pm

Looked male to me, but nowdays who knows eh.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum