{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Would you welcome a female manager as GC's replacement?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Would you welcome a female manager as GC's replacement?

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:49 pm

sunray wrote:I was going to say promote Liz the assistant physo but I see she left the club

I wondered why I hadn’t seen her around. Where’s she gone?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:29 pm

Dan wrote:
sunray wrote:I was going to say promote Liz the assistant physo but I see she left the club

I wondered why I hadn’t seen her around. Where’s she gone?

Gazmoose's cleaning lady
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:34 pm

Yeah let's appoint a woman, so it gets loads of media exposure, who then knows bugger all about League 2 and men's football, receives no respect from our useless squad, and makes us even more laughable in front of the world's media.

Sounds like a fantastic idea :crazy:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:35 pm

Conversely can we have less foreign managers in the Premier League ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:28 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Norman wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Probably not a popular opinion but...
I say we break the mould and put ourselves into the 21st century by appointing a top female coach... There's tons of un-tapped talent in the women's super league that would thrive given the chance in the EFL.
Would much prefer someone like Emma Hayes taking the role rather than another fraud from the usual old boys merry-go-round. Let's face it our recent history is dire manager/footballing wise so what is there to lose??!.
Carolyn always pushing the 'women in football' mantra...about time she put her money where her mouth is!

Are you being serious fgs! I have no issues with women playing football but it’s nowhere near the men’s game. I fed up with the media ramming it down your throat that it’s great!

So generous of you to have no issues and 'allow' women to play... Have you watched Mansfield over the past 12 months?.
Try watching the WSL or the top euro teams in the champs league..far better than the smash & run that we serve up in lg2.

I have watched some of it and they’d get thumped by AFC Mansfield.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:51 pm

Big yella wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Norman wrote:
I say we break the mould and put ourselves into the 21st century by appointing a top female coach... There's tons of un-tapped talent in the women's super league that would thrive given the chance in the EFL.
Would much prefer someone like Emma Hayes taking the role rather than another fraud from the usual old boys merry-go-round. Let's face it our recent history is dire manager/footballing wise so what is there to lose??!.
Carolyn always pushing the 'women in football' mantra...about time she put her money where her mouth is!

Are you being serious fgs! I have no issues with women playing football but it’s nowhere near the men’s game. I fed up with the media ramming it down your throat that it’s great!

So generous of you to have no issues and 'allow' women to play... Have you watched Mansfield over the past 12 months?.
Try watching the WSL or the top euro teams in the champs league..far better than the smash & run that we serve up in lg2.

At least we would have a nicely washed and ironed kit every game :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:55 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Norman wrote:

wow
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:13 pm

Big yella wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Norman wrote:

An under 15s school team beat Canada’s woman’s team 15-0 last year!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:06 pm

We have a female fourth official on Saturday, Lisa Rashid. Has that put a self satisfied smirk back on your face Gaz?

Oh, to become a fourth official means that she is a qualified and very experienced Assistant Referee in her own right. She will have been assessed and marked every week on her performance and if not good enough will be removed at the end of the season from the list. So she will be here on merit Saturday, congratulations and good luck to her. She has been appointed through sheer hard work and determination with the FA recognizing her ability and potential.

Which is what the first female coach will have to do.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:10 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:We have a female fourth official on Saturday, Lisa Rashid. Has that put a self satisfied smirk back on your face Gaz?

Oh, to become a fourth official means that she is a qualified and very experienced Assistant Referee in her own right. She will have been assessed and marked every week on her performance and if not good enough will be removed at the end of the season from the list. So she will be here on merit Saturday, congratulations and good luck to her. She has been appointed through sheer hard work and determination with the FA recognizing her ability and potential.

Lisa has been a linesperson at the Mill in the past.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:13 pm

part time pete wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:We have a female fourth official on Saturday, Lisa Rashid. Has that put a self satisfied smirk back on your face Gaz?

Which proves my point, she has put the hard yards in, gained the respect and come to the fore in her profession. The first female coach / manager will have to do that also and not just be plucked from thin air like Cheri Lunghi.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:14 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
part time pete wrote:

Now you’re talking. She’d definitely get a game.

She was ace also in that Level 42 vid.

Which proves my point, she has put the hard yards in, gained the respect and come to the fore in her profession. The first female coach / manager will have to do that also and not just be plucked from thin air like Cheri Lunghi.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:20 pm

Are there actually any female managers/coaches anywhere in the professional/semi-professional man’s football pyramid.

If not the list of suitably qualified applicants would be pretty short.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:27 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Are there actually any female managers/coaches anywhere in the professional/semi-professional man’s football pyramid.

If not the list of suitably qualified applicants would be pretty short.

There are women that run, coach and manage youth boys teams. We, as a footballing society, are at a point whereby Women’s football is slowly, through their professional game, gaining experience and (for want of a better phrase) credibility. To change attitudes is like turning an ocean liner not a pedalo, and the time is not right now, at this moment, for the one brave and extremely motivated and talented woman to do this. In the future, yes, but not the distant or near future.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:38 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Norman wrote:

Highly intelligent input.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:56 pm

Lisa Rashid 4th official on Saturday
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:05 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Norman wrote:

So this is fine but criticize a local politicians involvement in the club is deleted? Ok...
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:40 pm

We need someone with a proven EFL track record. This is not the time to experiment or risk relegation.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby George R25 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:54 pm

Forest green appointed the first female head of academy. And I’ll give her all the respect as I’ve seen her coach. She could certainly do a job in the football league that’s for sure
George R25
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ST4GS » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:57 pm

Vice President wrote:We need someone with a proven EFL track record. This is not the time to experiment or risk relegation.
Wait a while and FGR will be the first to appoint one.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:05 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Vice President wrote:We need someone with a proven EFL track record. This is not the time to experiment or risk relegation.

A vegan, female, black, lesbian head coach/manager would tick all the boxes.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:19 pm

Spiritater wrote:
ST4GS wrote:

A vegan, female, black, lesbian head coach/manager would lick all the boxes.
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:20 pm

EFL and the Conference should insist that at least one candidate being interview for a manager is a female to at least raise expectation for the future of the game. May the best candidate win
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:29 pm

sunray wrote:EFL and the Conference should insist that at least one candidate being interview for a manager is a female to at least raise expectation for the future of the game. May the best candidate win

There is nothing like a bit of positive discrimination to right a wrong. The candidates should be chosen on ability and potential not whether or not they ‘sit or stand’. This would devalue the process and the candidates.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:42 pm

sunray wrote:EFL and the Conference should insist that at least one candidate being interview for a manager is a female to at least raise expectation for the future of the game. May the best candidate win

What a load ov ballhocks black white gay or ts its quality that counts not box ticking
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum