{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Would you welcome a female manager as GC's replacement?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Would you welcome a female manager as GC's replacement?

Postby Dp1976 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:43 am

NO !!
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby geoffhill » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:54 am

Of course not.This is no time to gamble.Pretty sure players would not appreciate being part of an experiment.We need a proven manager.Hill Cook Clough are just a few available.Sharpe will have input into the next appointment.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:55 am

Ive seen Alex Scott doing some coaching and I think one day she could be a very good manager, but the scrutiny and pressure would be massive. You'd have all the media all over you constantly... not what's needed here at all..

Quite silly to suggest it at this time.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:55 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I bet a few clubs would think about it in the current pandemic if they were paid £500,000 for a fly on the wall TV series.

Thinking about it, Carolyn probably has a tv deal already set up where she appoints herself as manager. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:46 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I bet a few clubs would think about it in the current pandemic if they were paid £500,000 for a fly on the wall TV series.

Thinking about it, Carolyn probably has a tv deal already set up where she appoints herself as manager. :lol:

Doubt she'd be any worse than GC
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:56 am

Exactly the kind of comments I expected on here tbh.... No wonder football (and sport in general) is stuck in the dark ages while ever other industry pushes on and evolves.
I can see us ending up with another has-been / dinosaur like Keith Hill for another year of coughlan-esqe type failure.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:57 am

Had enough crap male managers, don't see why not
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:01 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:Exactly the kind of comments I expected on here tbh.... No wonder football (and sport in general) is stuck in the dark ages while ever other industry pushes on and evolves.
I can see us ending up with another has-been / dinosaur like Keith Hill for another year of coughlan-esqe type failure.

oh come off it.

Did you really expect us to all agree it was a genius idea? Theres taking a punt on an inexperienced manager and then there's this...

One day yes, a club will do it and we will see but not us, not now. Theres lots of woman getting into coaching now more than ever and its only a matter of time, why not.

But theres nothing wrong to push back on this idea and you being offended by our "dark age" views means nothing. Move on.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansfieldmagic87 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:06 pm

Main problem is that the best female candidates are employed by WSL clubs and would require compensation.

In these times I doubt we will get someone already employed.
Mansfieldmagic87
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:08 pm

Norman wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Probably not a popular opinion but...
I say we break the mould and put ourselves into the 21st century by appointing a top female coach... There's tons of un-tapped talent in the women's super league that would thrive given the chance in the EFL.
Would much prefer someone like Emma Hayes taking the role rather than another fraud from the usual old boys merry-go-round. Let's face it our recent history is dire manager/footballing wise so what is there to lose??!.
Carolyn always pushing the 'women in football' mantra...about time she put her money where her mouth is!

Are you being serious fgs! I have no issues with women playing football but it’s nowhere near the men’s game. I fed up with the media ramming it down your throat that it’s great!

So generous of you to have no issues and 'allow' women to play... Have you watched Mansfield over the past 12 months?.
Try watching the WSL or the top euro teams in the champs league..far better than the smash & run that we serve up in lg2.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby robbingdog » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:08 pm

Stupid thread
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:08 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:Exactly the kind of comments I expected on here tbh.... No wonder football (and sport in general) is stuck in the dark ages while ever other industry pushes on and evolves.

Oh do be brief. It’s not Neanderthal to want a manager with a proven track record as a league manager to come in. Got nothing to do with whether they’ve got tits or not.

We had Evans didn’t we and he’s stacked like Linda Lusardi.

Stop trying to be Woke for the sake of it.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:09 pm

Yes I would , Shelley Kerr did it in Scotland
Women’s football was banned for 50 years by the F.A ! Standards are rising now
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:09 pm

Just a genuine question - (probably out of ignorance).

Is the level of coaching badges in the WSL the same as what's required in the FL? in short would they have the correct qualifications etc
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:10 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Norman wrote:
I say we break the mould and put ourselves into the 21st century by appointing a top female coach... There's tons of un-tapped talent in the women's super league that would thrive given the chance in the EFL.
Would much prefer someone like Emma Hayes taking the role rather than another fraud from the usual old boys merry-go-round. Let's face it our recent history is dire manager/footballing wise so what is there to lose??!.
Carolyn always pushing the 'women in football' mantra...about time she put her money where her mouth is!

Are you being serious fgs! I have no issues with women playing football but it’s nowhere near the men’s game. I fed up with the media ramming it down your throat that it’s great!

So generous of you to have no issues and 'allow' women to play... Have you watched Mansfield over the past 12 months?.
Try watching the WSL or the top euro teams in the champs league..far better than the smash & run that we serve up in lg2.

Now you’re just getting ridiculous. Even this shower of hacks currently at the club would put half a dozen at least past the USA women’s team. Him saying he has no issue means exactly that. You utter wet wipe.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:50 pm

adamstag wrote:Just a genuine question - (probably out of ignorance).

Is the level of coaching badges in the WSL the same as what's required in the FL? in short would they have the correct qualifications etc

Yes the UEFA badges are the same between genders however the stats show that 96% of UEFA B badges are currently held by men.
There's currently a big drive to get more female coaches to get the UEFA B license (or above) thou.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:54 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Norman wrote:

Now you’re just getting ridiculous. Even this shower of hacks currently at the club would put half a dozen at least past the USA women’s team. Him saying he has no issue means exactly that. You utter wet wipe.

Why do 98% of your posts end with some kind of crappy unfunny insult?.
It adds nothing to the discussion... At least make it funny if your gunna take the pee & try and have some banter.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:59 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
Norman wrote:

Why do 98% of your posts end with some kind of crappy unfunny insult?.
It adds nothing to the discussion... At least make it funny if your gunna take the pee & try and have some banter.

Maybe if you didn’t indulge in virtue signalling then we would all get along. The time might be right for a female manager but not here at the moment. Anyone who disagrees with you is called a Luddite. It’s a bit daft.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:01 pm

Interesting idea. At times this season I've thought my missus could do a better job.

Would I want to put a female manager in the stadium, when things are going wrong, and the Neanderthals start moaning?

Seriously the state we are in ( which will takes time to sort out), it's not a time to experiment.

The women's game is of a different nature.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:02 pm

Just out of curiosity Gazmoose, who does the washing up at your house????

And don’t bother replying or you will be disproving the theory that you haven’t had a sense of him our bypass!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:03 pm

In all honesty if she is the best candidate and has the skills, experience and potential then yes, but at this moment in time I cannot see a woman being on the shortlist.

Unless you can name female candidates with the names of those candidates?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:08 pm

I've nothing against having a women as manager but we would need someone with experience and a proven track record to guide us up the table and stave off relegation to non-league obscurity, does that person exist in the women's game, I simply don't know.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Opus » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:44 pm

AND IT IS A NO FROM ME
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:58 pm

I would accept a female manager but not at this time or in these circumstances.
Hope Powell was touted for entering into League management but after leaving the England job she struggled for job in the WSL.
I think that the only way that it could be brought about in a lower league club would be through a boot room approach where fans would see it as part of natural progression within a stable club.
It is perhaps a debate on a general football forum to be had another time as we absolutely need someone that the players will respect and listen to from the word go.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:04 pm

I was going to say promote Liz the assistant physo but I see she left the club
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum