{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Would you welcome a female manager as GC's replacement?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Would you welcome a female manager as GC's replacement?

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:31 pm

Probably not a popular opinion but...
I say we break the mould and put ourselves into the 21st century by appointing a top female coach... There's tons of un-tapped talent in the women's super league that would thrive given the chance in the EFL.
Would much prefer someone like Emma Hayes taking the role rather than another fraud from the usual old boys merry-go-round. Let's face it our recent history is dire manager/footballing wise so what is there to lose??!.
Carolyn always pushing the 'women in football' mantra...about time she put her money where her mouth is!
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Re: Would you welcome a female manager as GC's replacement?

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:33 pm

No
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:36 pm

No
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Rigsby » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:41 pm

It's a no from me too.
Rigsby
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkstag » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:43 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:Probably not a popular opinion but...
I say we break the mould and put ourselves into the 21st century by appointing a top female coach... There's tons of un-tapped talent in the women's super league that would thrive given the chance in the EFL.
Would much prefer someone like Emma Hayes taking the role rather than another fraud from the usual old boys merry-go-round. Let's face it our recent history is dire manager/footballing wise so what is there to lose??!.
Carolyn always pushing the 'women in football' mantra...about time she put her money where her mouth is!

Looking at the various posts you have made you have no interest in the well being of the club. I wouldn't have a problem with a suitably qualified female Manager but no time for gestures
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:45 pm

But do you agree that lower league football is becoming stale and in a word 'raspberry' (watching all the games sober on ifollow has proven this too many).
Everytime a job comes up its the same old faces going around in circles stinking up the clubs once more... Its time for the next generation to take over... Fresh blood
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:50 pm

yorkstag wrote:

Looking at the various posts you have made you have no interest in the well being of the club. I wouldn't have a problem with a suitably qualified female Manager but no time for gestures

Just because I watch the games for free doesn't mean I don't care.. I simply stated that I think the radfords are multi - multi millionaires and do not need our ifollow money or season ticket cash.

Back on topic...
That is the sticking point.. Some may see the appointment as a token gesture I guess.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:51 pm

I bet a few clubs would think about it in the current pandemic if they were paid £500,000 for a fly on the wall TV series.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sue » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:53 pm

It is probably more relevant to ask the players.
Sue
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Beano » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:04 am

Sue wrote:It is probably more relevant to ask the players.

I think the main problem would be one of credibility, you only have to look at the way Dempster was treated by the players (and referred to by many fans as a youth coach).

There are no women out there that have played at the level anywhere close to the EFL, and whilst I have no doubt many would be capable, they would struggle with not being taken seriously due to a perceived lack of experience.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Brough » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:12 am

Not tonight youth
Brough
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:17 am

Beano wrote:

I think the main problem would be one of credibility, you only have to look at the way Dempster was treated by the players (and referred to by many fans as a youth coach).

There are no women out there that have played at the level anywhere close to the EFL, and whilst I have no doubt many would be capable, they would struggle with not being taken seriously due to a perceived lack of experience.

You make very good points there beano.

My son asked me the other day why all the football managers were boys and not girls... I couldn't think of an answer as good as that :lol:

With the women's game becoming more credible every year though you have to admit that a female manager with trophies under her belt and decent UEFA badges must surely be taken as seriously as the usual dinosaurs that do the rounds in the lower leagues.

You sit and watch lg1 / lg2 games nowadays and it's crying out for some new influence & direction.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:55 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Beano wrote:

You make very good points there beano.

My son asked me the other day why all the football managers were boys and not girls... I couldn't think of an answer as good as that :lol:

With the women's game becoming more credible every year though you have to admit that a female manager with trophies under her belt and decent UEFA badges must surely be taken as seriously as the usual dinosaurs that do the rounds in the lower leagues.

You sit and watch lg1 / lg2 games nowadays and it's crying out for some new influence & direction.

As others have said it's an issue of credibility...the same as with the football pundits. ..MotD and Sky don't use League 1 and 2 players to comment on Premier League but it's OK to use ex women footballers who have not played at anywhere near the right level and therefore become token appointments on the eyes of most people. If a person is good enough they should be in with a shout irrespective of sex or race....but would you promote a cashier at a supermarket to be a Regional Manager at a shop?
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:11 am

:lol:
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:39 am

Ridiculous thread. After the two recent failed appointments, now is not the time for a massive experiment. No female manager has any experience of league football. It’s a massively stupid idea.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:54 am

Don’t think there are any female candidates with enough experience at this level
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:40 am

No
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jimstag » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:46 am

bellwhiff wrote:Ridiculous thread. After the two recent failed appointments, now is not the time for a massive experiment. No female manager has any experience of league football. It’s a massively stupid idea.

Agree, I wouldn’t be against a female manager but it’s not what our current situation calls for. Get this next one wrong and we could be in a great deal of trouble so no time for experimenting in my opinion.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:34 am

Are you being serious fgs! I have no issues with women playing football but it’s nowhere near the men’s game. I fed up with the media ramming it down your throat that it’s great!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby George R25 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:44 am

The guy I mentioned before has applied Or will apply. Spoke to him yesterday and he said he was going to send over cv etc.Fresh young manager who talks sense regarding the current way we play, I think he would be a good appointment but I’m not the one in charge lol
George R25
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:54 am

Players over the years have struggled to keep their todgers out of anyone remotely female throughout clubs all over the place, including here.

There would be zero respect

Unless of course you're appointing The Trunchbull
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:56 am

George R25 wrote:The guy I mentioned before has applied Or will apply. Spoke to him yesterday and he said he was going to send over cv etc.Fresh young manager who talks sense regarding the current way we play, I think he would be a good appointment but I’m not the one in charge lol

Who is that then?
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby George R25 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:58 am

Norman wrote:
George R25 wrote:The guy I mentioned before has applied Or will apply. Spoke to him yesterday and he said he was going to send over cv etc.Fresh young manager who talks sense regarding the current way we play, I think he would be a good appointment but I’m not the one in charge lol

Who is that then?

A guy I know just returned back from Africa coaching he is a UEFA pro holder. He scouted for the stags for a short while
George R25
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Hjeldefan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:07 am

Wouldn't have a problem with a female manager. Everyone goes on about experience in the league but Coughlan had that and he was useless.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:26 am

George R25 wrote:
Norman wrote:

Who is that then?

A guy I know just returned back from Africa coaching he is a UEFA pro holder. He scouted for the stags for a short while

So zero experience of management then . No thanks we’ve been here before!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum