{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

GC gone

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: GC out

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:02 pm

the cat would have been out the bag if the manager wasn’t in post
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:41 pm

Carolyn would spill the beans whilst striking a pose :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:14 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:Had two texts tonight off two people that dont know each other telling me hes gone

I dont believe it btw just seems a bit odd

It wouldn’t surprise anyone. JM has been more and more involved with the media. I bet someone is already lined up if this is true.

you shouldn't read anything into McGuire doing the interviews. It just means Coughlan didn't fancy it. He doesn't like doing interviews particularly.

Poor of any manager in any business if they don’t like talking or even give eye contact. If my manager didn’t give me eye contact, I’d have a lot less confidence in them. I’ve noticed he doesn’t like giving eye contact and it’s the little details like that, that gives cause for thinking he’s just not right.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:57 am

Surely doing the 'media' is part and parcel of being the clubs manager... even more so when confidence is low to bring the club together with the fans!

For him to miss the interview 2 weeks running he must know he's on his way out
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:06 am

S7AGS wrote:Surely doing the 'media' is part and parcel of being the clubs manager... even more so when confidence is low to bring the club together with the fans!

I don't think he's been sacked yet, you'd be hearing more rumours if he had been.

I think the Cheltenham game might be the last if we lose, if we draw that might give him another game to get a win but who knows?

As for the press conferences, do people care that much about them? No matter what manager is in charge everyone moans about them. Everyone moaned about Evans talking about how good the Radford's were or his past employers were, everyone hated flitcroft using the word galvanise every presser, everyone moaned about Dempster/Glover not really sounding arsed about owt and now people moan that GC doesn't do enough pressers, but they'd all be picking at his words if he did do it
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:08 am

You'd be hearing rumours....... ;)
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:11 am

I'm betting he's got covid but they're keeping it quiet as long as possible. Regardless, he'll keep his job for atleast 2 more weeks.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:12 am

Dont think the radfords are the type to mess someone about if he had been sacked it would be out in the open hope he gets a result tomorrow ,draw wouldn,t be a bad result then picks up a couple of wins
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Young021 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:15 am

You’ve got to remember when they sacked demps he had just done his interview after the game,so maybe the decision has been made to sack him after the game tomorrow no matter the result as that was certainly the case with JD.
Young021
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:34 am

Young021 wrote:You’ve got to remember when they sacked demps he had just done his interview after the game,so maybe the decision has been made to sack him after the game tomorrow no matter the result as that was certainly the case with JD.

And when Murray was sacked Evans was appointed very quickly , so they had obviously been sounding out a new manager.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:44 am

Young021 wrote:You’ve got to remember when they sacked demps he had just done his interview after the game,so maybe the decision has been made to sack him after the game tomorrow no matter the result as that was certainly the case with JD.

jd knew he was gettin t'boot before they kicked off at crewe
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:29 pm

robbingdog wrote:Well he’s picked the wrong occupation hasn’t he, if he
doesn’t like doing press stuff

Gary Rowett didn't do press at all at derby for about 6 weeks in a row

Sent his assistant once and sat in the audience at the back of the press room himself watching :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:31 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Sent his assistant once and sat in the audience at the back of the press room himself watching :lol:

IF I remember correctly Alex Ferguson refused to do BBC interviews for about 10 years after they annoyed him about something or other.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:44 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

IF I remember correctly Alex Ferguson refused to do BBC interviews for about 10 years after they annoyed him about something or other.

but but but .... talking to the press is part and parcel of the job! it's what managers live and die by :roll:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:46 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

but but but .... talking to the press is part and parcel of the job! it's what managers live and die by :roll:

Theres a manger who became a cult hero on social media for only doing press when he had something different to say.... Theres a good clip of him saying "no we were terrible again this week, bye" over and over :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:53 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
S7AGS wrote:Surely doing the 'media' is part and parcel of being the clubs manager... even more so when confidence is low to bring the club together with the fans!

I don't think he's been sacked yet, you'd be hearing more rumours if he had been.

I think the Cheltenham game might be the last if we lose, if we draw that might give him another game to get a win but who knows?

As for the press conferences, do people care that much about them? No matter what manager is in charge everyone moans about them. Everyone moaned about Evans talking about how good the Radford's were or his past employers were, everyone hated flitcroft using the word galvanise every presser, everyone moaned about Dempster/Glover not really sounding arsed about owt and now people moan that GC doesn't do enough pressers, but they'd all be picking at his words if he did do it

I loved listening to evans. He was an entertaining man. Bags of coal and all that. I miss him.

He was a raspberry, but he was our raspberry.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:50 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Had two texts tonight off two people that dont know each other telling me hes gone

tick tock youth :lol:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:56 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:I'm betting he's got covid but they're keeping it quiet as long as possible. Regardless, he'll keep his job for atleast 2 more weeks.

Neil Cox and his assistant Mark Lillis who is 60 have tested positive for coronavirus and they were not at Whaddon Road on Tuesday night. Russ Wilcox took charge of the team although he was on the phone to Neil Cox who was watching at home.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:02 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Some are better than others at it though ,brenda at liecester is a buller brucey at newcastle is in denial ,pep is a liar and ole at man u is hanging on for dear life,meanwhile the kloppmiester is grinning his way to snother league title
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:14 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Some are better than others at it though ,brenda at liecester is a buller brucey at newcastle is in denial ,pep is a liar and ole at man u is hanging on for dear life,meanwhile the kloppmiester is grinning his way to snother league title

I’d leave the San Miguel alone .. :roll:
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Brough » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:07 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

What a tool.
Brough
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:59 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:

tick tock youth :lol:

:lol:

If you want to see some ‘different’ interviews watch the Crawley managers interviews. That guy really doesn’t give a raspberry :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:06 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Very doubtful. The Redshite are a one man team and he’s out.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:10 pm

Taxi must be awaiting GC tonight
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:12 pm

First time in our history we have failed to win in our first 8 games of a season.

Position untenable
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum