{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cheltenham score thread sponsored by who gives a raspberry

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Cheltenham score thread sponsored by who gives a raspberry

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:41 pm

In ere

9 nil Stags
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Re: Cheltenham score thread sponsored by who gives a raspber

Postby part time pete » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:44 pm

I thought undefeated Fredders kept on until they lost a game.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:46 pm

The revival has began ,but i fear a narrow defeat ,joking 3 1 stags reid and a couple for cookie who will then give gc the finger
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:47 pm

Snooze you lose
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:49 pm

part time pete wrote:I thought undefeated Fredders kept on until they lost a game.

True mind games here cranial desperation
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:49 pm

part time pete wrote:I thought undefeated Fredders kept on until they lost a game.

They do. Bad omen this.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:02 pm

Got to be a win or its surely time up???

Performance was improved last night, hopefully one of two players coming back can make a difference?

Play cook again, bring Maynard on? hard to be optimistic

Thing is even if we play really well, I don't trust the back 4 or keeper to keep a clean sheet and I can't see us outscoring them.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Tess Tickle » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:33 pm

Really can't see us winning this one. Cook is our only player at the moment who looks hungry and GC would rather not play him or take him off to protect a 1.1 scoreline but what happened in reality was Morecambe instantly looked like they were the only team that would win the game...not us.
3.0 or 3.1 if we are lucky.
The only crumb of hope I've got is that we will win a game of football at some point so I hope to god it is saturday.
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Why not play Maynard and cook together upfront!

Like what Mansfield fans are hoping for.

Please don’t start, or play the cone (bowery) as he doesn’t know what a football is.

Ultimately if the manager wants to keep his job he should do something similar to the above, it’s pretty basic.

Your choice pal
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:52 pm

Cheltenham Town 1 Scunthorpe United 0
I watched the first 30 minutes of this game last night and then put it on pause and watched the rest of it after the Stags game. It was a scrappy win for Cheltenham against a very poor Scunthorpe United side who were described by the BBC Radio Gloucestershire commentators in the first 20 minutes as the worst side seen at Whaddon Road for quite a while. Scunthorpe could be one of the two sides who may finish below the Stags and keep us in the EFL.

Cheltenham took the lead after 5 minutes with a very soft penalty scored by Reuben Reid after George Hornshaw was deemed to have brought down Elliot Bonds. However Cheltenham made heavy weather of putting Scunthorpe to the sword and Scunthorpe slowly grew into the game and Abu Eisa did have a couple of chances to equalise in the 2nd half. Cheltenham also had to defend a few corners in the 100th minute as they hung on for a win. The reason that the game went on so long was that two young Cheltenham players had to be stretchered off - midfield player, Elliott Bonds (20) (on loan from Bournemouth) and striker, George Lloyd (20). Charlie Raglan also looked like he had taken a knock when he went into a hard challenge. The local commentators said that Cheltenham have not played as well at home this season as last season (W11 D5 L2) but they have still won 2 out of 3 home games. Neil Cox and his assistant, Mark Lillis, had to self isolate and so were not at the game. Scunthorpe should have put the physio in charge. They got promoted to the Championship the last time they did that.

Matty Blair played at right wing back for Cheltenham and had a shot well saved in the 2nd half. Liam Sercombe followed up but his shot was pushed over the bar. Sub, Andy Williams, who came on for Reuben Reid also had a shot saved and then shot wide on the counter attack in injury time. Reuben Reid has a great scoring record for Cheltenham with 8 goals in 11 starts. He was described as being very strong when the ball is played to him with his back to goal but he is not going to run the channels for you.

Chris Clements played in the holding midfield role for Cheltenham. He was just as slow as ever ambling over to take his ineffective corners but he had a decent game and certainly passed the ball a lot quicker and better than James Perch who I thought had his best game for the Stags last night (apart from letting Adam Phillips run straight past him for the goal).

Michael Duff and Matty Blair interview

https://www.ctfc.com/ifollow/latest-videos/
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:55 pm

Why as not GC played them both together , could it be the strikers do not get on :?:

Cheltenham Gold Cup goes to Super Stags 2 Cheltenham weigh in light 0 COOKY to Whip a brace in :D

:) Nice Hair

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:08 pm

Cheltenham 3 Stags 0

Marek Stech punches a Ben Tozer long throw into his own net before Corey O'Keeffe brings down Matty Blair in the area for Reuben Reid to make it 2-0. Chris Clements curls a free kick into the top corner in the 2nd half for the third. Andy Cook gets into a fight with Graham Coughlan on the touchline as Jordan Bowery misses his fifth sitter of the game and GC refuses to sub him. Ollie Clarke sits in the stand and wonders why he left the Gasheads. JR lands his chopper on the pitch after the game and introduces Paul Cook to the media as the new Stags new manager. Paul Cook says he's looking forward to drinking in all the pubs in Mansfield before the national lockdown.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:12 pm

A much improved performance on Tuesday, mostly I think, down to the formation. The team will be anxious to build on this and if GC is brave enough to play Maynard with Cook I can see us getting at least a point.

It’s time so I am going to predict a 2-1 win.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:17 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:A much improved performance on Tuesday, mostly I think, down to the formation. The team will be anxious to build on this and if GC is brave enough to play Maynard with Cook I can see us getting at least a point.

It’s time so I am going to predict a 2-1 win.

That’s right.

Play one, or both together - without playing the cone - we might have a chance.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:12 am

A butt kicking for our boys at Whaddon Rd and the end of GC. That's unless I'm made to gladly eat my words on Sat. It's either a Hallelujah moment for the team n GC or it's gonna be tough and we can blame Richard Head
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:08 am

Not looking forward to this, Cheltenham is a tough place to go at the best of times. They should be massive favourites for the weekend. I know we need a win but I'd happily take a draw
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby london amber stag » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:18 am

Cheltenham is a tough place to go and I can’t remember when we last won there.
Sadly, I think we will lose, Morecambe were a poor team and we couldn’t get over the line on Tuesday. GC’s tactics will be questioned again because Bowery will start, he will fail to win any headers which their defenders will sweep up. Cook will be dropped after daring to challenge GC.
Cheltenham 4-0 Stags.
A loss will surely be his last game in charge.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:22 am

One possible route to goal may be our attacking set pieces, which have been much improved in the last few games, and let you many chances (Sweeney, Rawson, McLaughlin v Morecambe, Menayese, Cook, Bowery v Bradford)
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:23 am

This is the best sponsor of a thread ever!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:40 am

Dan wrote:This is the best sponsor of a thread ever!

It's so good it might actually work and get us a win.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:22 am

london amber stag wrote:Cheltenham is a tough place to go and I can’t remember when we last won there.
Sadly, I think we will lose, Morecambe were a poor team and we couldn’t get over the line on Tuesday. GC’s tactics will be questioned again because Bowery will start, he will fail to win any headers which their defenders will sweep up. Cook will be dropped after daring to challenge GC.
Cheltenham 4-0 Stags.

I can remember Chrissy scoring from 195 yards there!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:12 am

Coughlin goes one up front with Bowery and drops Cook and Maynard from the bench. Shows everyone; players & fans who is the manager. We win 1:2 and we are relegated at the end of season
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:09 pm

london amber stag wrote:Cheltenham is a tough place to go and I can’t remember when we last won there.
Cheltenham 4-0 Stags.

We won at Cheltenham 2-1 in our first season back in the FL, after Coxy was on a 13 league game winless run.

Won’t mind a bit of history repeating.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:38 pm

Dan wrote:This is the best sponsor of a thread ever!

Agreed. I wonder what the censored word is. I'm guessing it's either raspberry or raspberries.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:27 pm

Well as a mod I can hit edit and see what it is. It's a swear word. The 4 letter one that goes well with that phrase :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum