{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Graham Coughlan; Morecambe post match & highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Graham Coughlan; Morecambe post match & highlights

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:10 pm

Last edited by Son Of Sherwood on Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Graham Coughlan; Morecambe post match

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:15 pm

bizarre comment from Adams about Mansfield's game against Bradford on Saturday :lol:

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Graham Coughlan; Morecambe post match & highlights

Postby stag324 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:17 pm

wasnt The free kick in the second half?
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stag324 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:18 pm

And we played well against Bradford.....
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:02 pm

Reminds me of a Steve Evans type comment when he signs a new players : ‘I watched [insert player name] ply for [insert club name] against [insert club name] and he was the best player on the pitch. I can’t believe we have manage to get him to play in [insert current league] as he is easily a top [insert league above] player. We fought off numerous clubs in [insert league above] to get him’
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:12 am

Tell you what that’s a brilliant goal we’ve scored there. The build up, the passing and the exquisite finish were sublime. And that was a hell of a save from Stech too.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:17 am

Dan wrote:Tell you what that’s a brilliant goal we’ve scored there. The build up, the passing and the exquisite finish were sublime. And that was a hell of a save from Stech too.

So overall would you say that we are gradually improving and their is a light at the end of the tunnel Dan
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:20 am

DogsDoDahs wrote:
Dan wrote:Tell you what that’s a brilliant goal we’ve scored there. The build up, the passing and the exquisite finish were sublime. And that was a hell of a save from Stech too.

So overall would you say that we are gradually improving and their is a light at the end of the tunnel Dan

Difficult one that as I’ve not seen the whole game tonight yet. I listened to GC on the way back from the Forest game tonight and he sounds like a dead man walking to me.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:27 am

Dan wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:

Difficult one that as I’ve not seen the whole game tonight yet. I listened to GC on the way back from the Forest game tonight and he sounds like a dead man walking to me.

Yeah i have not seen it just listened to it on i Follow. GC is under massive pressure and looked like the dead man walking thing after last game during his post match interview. I just feel we are improving slowly but not that different to the slight improvement we saw under JD. You see games closer being allowed access for photos so feel the atmosphere in the ground around the players. Is it still positive in your opinion?
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:00 am

Yes the players seem happy enough. For example in the Exeter game I think it was, the ball hit Mal Benning on his arm, it was a blatant handball but the ref or Lino (who was about 5 yards away) all missed it. I burst out laughing as Mal was running towards where I was and he burst out laughing as well and took the throw in. Just little things like that don’t show the players are unhappy as such. GC kept reiterating tonight how the players went out and fought for him, it’s as if he’s trying to justify things to keep himself in the job. I also noticed a lot more stuttering and stammering from his interview tonight (nerves?) as if he knows what’s coming. I’m not sure a point was enough for him tonight but who knows.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:44 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum