{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

GC gone

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: GC out

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:37 pm

Got to be tonight now !

Come on Sharpie lad press the trigger
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby jacobs mouse » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:39 pm

Get that walking disaster out of our club.NOW!!!!
jacobs mouse
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:20 pm

Can only see us being relegated with this manager in charge. No way we will escape playing whatever this is, because it isn’t football.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:28 pm

Not sure who is worse
GC or Bowery
Help !!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:29 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Not sure who is worse
GC or Bowery
Help !!

The sooner the two of them are nowhere near a mhtchday the better.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:47 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Can only see us being relegated with this manager in charge. No way we will escape playing whatever this is, because it isn’t football.

I thought first half after the early setback we played some nice football ,good goal ,second half we were under the cosh but we were the away side ,if we can replicate our first half performance on a regular basis we will be fine
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:54 am

Spanishstag,Could you explain Exactly what “home” advantage actually is,
considering that there are no supporters. It’s just a game of football on a pitch.
Bradford weren’t complaining about us having home advantage the other day were they?
With no supporters, it’s simply an excuse for not doing very well
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wil0211 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:57 am

We will play much better sides than Morecambe who IMO are in a false position in the league at this stage and will finish nearer the bottom than the top. The draw last night changes nothing for me and GC needs to go
Wil0211
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:08 am

robbingdog wrote:Spanishstag,Could you explain Exactly what “home” advantage actually is,
considering that there are no supporters. It’s just a game of football on a pitch.
Bradford weren’t complaining about us having home advantage the other day were they?
With no supporters, it’s simply an excuse for not doing very well

Well enough on here will be saying we should beat such and such especially at home ,so its still a thing even without fans
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:44 am

spanishstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Can only see us being relegated with this manager in charge. No way we will escape playing whatever this is, because it isn’t football.

I thought first half after the early setback we played some nice football ,good goal ,second half we were under the cosh but we were the away side ,if we can replicate our first half performance on a regular basis we will be fine

That’s the trouble Spanish. We aren’t consistent at all. We have a few good 10 minute spells followed by really bad 20-30 minute spells. There is also no real home advantage atm, hence why, imo, lots of teams are doing well that would probably otherwise be lower down the table. The games have a training feel about them at times.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:51 am

I said the other day that 10 league games is usually a good barometer of where things are.

Now on Saturday we’ve got Cheltenham away, I think anyone reading this would be happy with a point there, I know I would be.

But then comes barrow and Walsall in successive home games. Get 4 or 6 from those and it keeps the wolves from the door.

Still haven’t won by the time we’ve played Walsall? :wave:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:14 am

Currently, there is no such thing as "home advantage".

Grass is just grass without spectators.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:43 am

oldweststander wrote:Currently, there is no such thing as "home advantage".

True and I would add, if you have a good team and are confident, even that becomes less relevant. I definitely think we are seeing a little of this with the Stags. No confidence whatsoever!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:50 am

I suppose you could argue that each ground has its own physical characteristics like size of the pitch, wind direction, humps and hollows etc and the home team should be more aware of these and know how to use them to advantage.

Only small margins I know but pitch width can vary by yards and be used for wing play etc. Of course crowds are the biggest plus but not the only one. Do teams even research the pitch dimensions before playing away?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:06 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:

True and I would add, if you have a good team and are confident, even that becomes less relevant. I definitely think we are seeing a little of this with the Stags. No confidence whatsoever!!!

So man utd in the fa cup ,the 3 sided one call,or the theatre of dreams ,of course theres a difference
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:28 pm

spanishstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

So man utd in the fa cup ,the 3 sided one call,or the theatre of dreams ,of course theres a difference

We'd have to get to the 3rd round, we'd be lucky to beat a non league side in the first round under GC!!!

Your comparisons get more ridiculous to fight his corner.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:52 pm

spanishstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Not without fans Spanish!!! It could be said in reverse. It would be slightly harder for Man United to win at Field Mill if the ground was full, however when empty there’s not even a slight bit of intimidation for that bigger side. The stats back it up. With no fans, more teams are getting points away from home regardless where it is. The players have also said there’s a lot less pressure and the games feel slightly training ground like.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:14 pm

Some teams are clearly enjoying having less pressure, others are struggling with not having the support. The leagues throughout Europe are a little upside down in places. Its clearly been a bit of a game changer for some clubs... Not us of course, we were poor with fans, and still poor without.

Can't see JR doing anything rash now. 10 games will be the time to react if things haven't improved.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:44 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Not without fans Spanish!!! It could be said in reverse. It would be slightly harder for Man United to win at Field Mill if the ground was full, however when empty there’s not even a slight bit of intimidation for that bigger side. The stats back it up. With no fans, more teams are getting points away from home regardless where it is. The players have also said there’s a lot less pressure and the games feel slightly training ground like.

We must agree to disagree cwm ,stats can be made to distort truth we all know that :lol:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:52 pm

spanishstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

We must agree to disagree cwm ,stats can be made to distort truth we all know that :lol:

They can owd lad.

Is GCs managerial record here distorted?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Yes they can he was brought in to make sure we were not relegated ,he succeeded ,target this season to improve on last season ,he will probably achieve that as well ,ah stats are wonderful
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:17 pm

spanishstag wrote:Yes they can he was brought in to make sure we were not relegated ,he succeeded ,target this season to improve on last season ,he will probably achieve that as well ,ah stats are wonderful

Ignoramus
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:20 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Yes they can he was brought in to make sure we were not relegated ,he succeeded ,target this season to improve on last season ,he will probably achieve that as well ,ah stats are wonderful

Ignoramus

Class not , really insightful not ,bye :!:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:45 pm

please cut out insulting others
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:16 pm

Must admire how you've kept this up for so long...
#troll
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum