{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bowery!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Bowery!

Postby Norman » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:04 pm

Just one question. Why?
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Bowery!

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:07 pm

Nobody knows.

Apart from coughlan, seemingly.

Maybe bowery has something over coughlan, because he isn’t a footballer.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Brough » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:07 pm

I was alarmed as soon as he was revealed as our first summer signing!!!
Brough
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:08 pm

I mean... last time you did one of these threads it was about Tyler Walker :lol: let's hope we get the same result, but I doubt it!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:30 pm

Bowery isnt even non league ,
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:32 pm

Agent Bowery according to sheep.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:45 pm

I remember a similar post from you about Tyler Walker when we first signed him on loan. Here's hoping Bowery shoves it back at you like Tyler did!!

Spolier alert.....he won't ;)
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:54 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:I remember a similar post from you about Tyler Walker when we first signed him on loan. Here's hoping Bowery shoves it back at you like Tyler did!!

If only though.

Walker and bowery are like comparing a rolls Royce to a robin reliant with its exhaust hanging off.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:59 pm

adamstag wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:I remember a similar post from you about Tyler Walker when we first signed him on loan. Here's hoping Bowery shoves it back at you like Tyler did!!

If only though.

Walker and bowery are like comparing a rolls Royce to a robin reliant with its exhaust hanging off.

Ah but this time next year Rodney, we will be millionaires :) :)
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Old amber » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:18 pm

Bowery is certainly no Tyler Walker that’s for sure..I’m at a loss as to why he’s getting the side? Would Mr coughlan please explain what quality’s he brings to this side ?
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby 1966Stag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:26 pm

If we really get stuck into him on here I am sure it will help his confidence and make him a better player

I think it is time to re-title Stagsnet as I see little evidence of it being a site dedicated to supporting MTFC
1966Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:35 pm

1966Stag wrote:If we really get stuck into him on here I am sure it will help his confidence and make him a better player

I think it is time to re-title Stagsnet as I see little evidence of it being a site dedicated to supporting MTFC

As with GC he's getting off lightly at the moment with no one in the ground.

If no one is allowed in all season he can then skulk off into conference north-ish
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:39 pm

1966Stag wrote:If we really get stuck into him on here I am sure it will help his confidence and make him a better player

Oh come off it, Alastair Campbell couldn’t made bowery sound good.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby 1966Stag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:42 pm

adamstag wrote:

Not saying he could I just think it is sad to see one thread worrying about a players wellbeing and then a second one getting stuck into a player - fascinating behaviour
1966Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby 1966Stag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:45 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:

If no one is allowed in all season he can then skulk off into conference north-ish

Love it - the supporters need to get back in because they are missing out on getting on the players/managers back :lol:
1966Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:57 pm

1966Stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Not saying he could I just think it is sad to see one thread worrying about a players wellbeing and then a second one getting stuck into a player - fascinating behaviour

As much as I dont rate bowery at all.

You are spot on
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:59 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
1966Stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

As much as I dont rate bowery at all.

You are spot on

I wonder what his username on here is then? :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:29 pm

1966Stag wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Love it - the supporters need to get back in because they are missing out on getting on the players/managers back :lol:

For years happy clappers have been criticising the toxic atmosphere etc. Seems that was the only thing holding performances together...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:23 am

Never seen so many football phycologists on one thread.

To sum up without all the rhetoric, he's not good enough.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:55 am

Watched him closely when he came on and he did nothing at all.Doesn#t win any headers is leaden footed and doesn't hold the ball up.Oh ad apart from a penalty he contributes nothing.I would like to ask GC what he sees in him.A half fit Maynard is better than him.Don't expect him to start Saturday.Maynard and Cook for me.Then if needed bring Reid on.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:01 am

geoffhill wrote:Watched him closely when he came on and he did nothing at all.Doesn#t win any headers is leaden footed and doesn't hold the ball up.Oh ad apart from a penalty he contributes nothing.I would like to ask GC what he sees in him.A half fit Maynard is better than him.Don't expect him to start Saturday.Maynard and Cook for me.Then if needed bring Reid on.

None of us expect him to start Saturday but I think you may be shocked, hes GCs signing and he likes him.
If you listen to GC pre Bradford when asked by Stevo why he picked him last Saturday, "because he brings athleticism, power and hold up play".
He should be sacked for that statement alone as he obviously believes it's true!!
Last edited by Parkinsons Perm on Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:32 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
geoffhill wrote:Watched him closely when he came on and he did nothing at all.Doesn#t win any headers is leaden footed and doesn't hold the ball up.Oh ad apart from a penalty he contributes nothing.I would like to ask GC what he sees in him.A half fit Maynard is better than him.Don't expect him to start Saturday.Maynard and Cook for me.Then if needed bring Reid on.

None of us expect him to start Saturday but I think you may be shocked, hes GCs designing and he likes him.
If you listen to GC pre Bradford when asked by Stevo why he picked him last Saturday, "because he brings athleticism, power and hold up play".
He should be sacked for that statement alone as he obviously believes it's true!!

I think him bringing him over Maynard then just not bringing Maynard at all last night was astounding.

At 1-1 we could have won the match, when you bring him on sadly it’s like being reduced to 10 men.

Nobody wishes a player ill or anything, but the lad simply isn’t good enough - he’d be better of his trade somewhere like Alfreton.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:39 am

Coughlan's man management is very poor , his ability to motivate , even the worst players in our squad ( & we have plenty of them ) to an acceptable standard .
Playing players like Bowery are a complete waste of time & a wage ... he might manage to be a ball boy & thats his limit . He is no threat at all to other teams defence set ups .
What ive seen up to yet , is that we can ship out maybe around 8 of the players , that are nowhere near the standard to take us forward .
PLEASE JR STOP THROWING YOUR MONEY AWAY ON POOR MANAGEMENT & PLAYERS THAT WE HAVE SIGNED , UNLESS YOUR HAPPY FALLING THRO THE TRAPDOOR AGAIN .!!!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:49 am

It is very concerning how we are finishing games on the back foot.
Apart from Tranmere at home we have a habit at around 70 minutes of backing off in terms of performance and desire.
Is this a fitness issue, mental issue or more worrying a tactical issue?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:11 am

ST4GS wrote:It is very concerning how we are finishing games on the back foot.
Apart from Tranmere at home we have a habit at around 70 minutes of backing off in terms of performance and desire.
Is this a fitness issue, mental issue or more worrying a tactical issue?

We said this last night, the backline dropped 15 yards further back and the midfield dropped on top of them in the second half.
Mentality or instruction is the big question???

Someone joked yesterday but it did become 9-0-0 as we can't count ' the cone'
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum