{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

will this be goodnight for GC

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: will this be goodnight for GC

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:57 am

i guess this is the bit now we see David Sharpe our new young CEO earn his money, did we actually recruit anyone into his old job or was that just a made up one ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:06 am

Every time the Radfords have sacked a manager there has already been a replacement lined up.

I’m sure moves are currently being made.
Johan
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:11 am

can anyone remember what it feels like to get up Sunday after a win ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:24 am

Time Sharpe spoke or made a move. Too quiet.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:50 am

Hard to predict what will happen next . The Radfords tend to give managers time . ( and why not , it's their money invested and wasted every time a change is made) . Sharp is an unknown quantity in terms of an itchy trigger finger .
I think in a normal season he would get more time ( although god knows where he starts in sorting out this mess) . However with Covid , who knows when this season will end ? In 5 games , 20 , all 46 ?
We can't afford to have 2 feet in the trapdoor when that happens whenever it is .
We won't be as lucky as Stevenage that's for sure .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:02 am

good point if the season ended early, i never thought of that nightmare ......even more convinced now
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:40 am

Nine games in, six league matches played and not only are we not improving as a team we are getting worse game by game. Nine games without a win, it is a nightmare scenario unfolding infront of our very own eyes.

It cannot be allowed to carry on and the manager admits he's struggling to cure all the problems.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:58 am

oldweststander wrote:Nine games in, six league matches played and not only are we not improving as a team we are getting worse game by game. Nine games without a win, it is a nightmare scenario unfolding infront of our very own eyes.

It cannot be allowed to carry on and the manager admits he's struggling to cure all the problems.

Move to Spain, it looks better in the sunshine :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:51 pm

GC is not going just yet. He has to receive the vote of confidence first from JR.

I agree with GFB that our current team and squad is better than John Dempster's team and squad and I think our results will improve to get us to mid-table. GC just needs to play the players in form and even revert to four at the back when necessary. However if results do not improve then JR will probably have to press the manager ejector seat button.

If we lose to Morecambe and Cheltenham away or even get beat by Barrow at home then that may be enough for JR to finally lose patience.

Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:55 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:GC is not going just yet. He has to receive the vote of confidence first from JR.

I agree with GFB that our current team and squad is better than John Dempster's team and squad and I think our results will improve to get us to mid-table. GC just needs to play the players in form and even revert to four at the back when necessary. However if results do not improve then JR will probably have to press the manager ejector seat button.

Always makes me laugh, a measured judgement that wholeheartedly changed the following week. Give us a break John
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:59 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:GC is not going just yet. He has to receive the vote of confidence first from JR.

Always makes me laugh, a measured judgement that wholeheartedly changed the following week. Give us a break John

That statement really was incredible
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:50 pm

just left work i take it he’s still here then ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:54 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:just left work i take it he’s still here then ?

Ain't you heard, he's signed a 3 year contract extension, it's all in Spanish :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:28 pm

Could it be tonight maybe ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:31 pm

What's his win percentage now ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Brough » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:37 pm

16% bang on
Brough
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby london amber stag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:39 pm

Brough wrote:16% bang on

Unacceptable, no one this bad has ever kept their job. JR has a big decision to make.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:42 pm

His tactics tonight when a win was needed sums him up.

He’s lost it
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:44 pm

I really can not see this going on much longer

On the bright side stags did marginally better tonight but they did sit back invite the stags forward and use the counter attack
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby bigalstag1 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:57 pm

Good luck to the board when trying to get fans to attend, when covid restrictions are lifted, to watch this negative crap. Another season being wasted, and all the good work from 2 and 3 years ago a distant memory.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:08 pm

london amber stag wrote:
Brough wrote:16% bang on

Unacceptable, no one this bad has ever kept their job. JR has a big decision to make.

He shouldn't have. It should be an easy decision.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:11 pm

JR and the board must be lining a replacement up. We are definitely relegation fodder. No wins and no hope of one in the future playing like this.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:13 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:JR and the board must be lining a replacement up. We are definitely relegation fodder. No wins and no hope of one in the future playing like this.

But did we win on xG, it matters you know :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:20 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:JR and the board must be lining a replacement up. We are definitely relegation fodder. No wins and no hope of one in the future playing like this.

I hope they are... any semi decent manager at 1-1 desperate for a win with Nicky Maynard on the bench would have brought him on and gone for it!

Absolutely lost for words how we just sat back for a draw.. We played well tonight and certainly weren't relegation standard tonight.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:22 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

I hope they are... any semi decent manager at 1-1 desperate for a win with Nicky Maynard on the bench would have brought him on and gone for it!

Absolutely lost for words how we just sat back for a draw.. We played well tonight and certainly weren't relegation standard tonight.

We have the players Sedgwick, we don’t have an average manager, we have a turd of a manager!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum