{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Coughlan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Coughlan

Postby Harrington St Stag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:17 pm

The bottom line is we now have a team devoid of confidence and a manager looking over his shoulder. Neither of those situations promotes a winning mentality.

I hope we score first at Morecambe tomorrow. I then hope that gives the players and GC a glimmer of confidence.

I want us to succeed and I’d like it to be with GC. The owners have invested heavily and can do without more expense.

COYS time to go and get a result
Harrington St Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby jay the butcher » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:41 pm

I like GC he's a honest man a honourable man he doesn't act like a politician or talk like a used car dealer I hope we can get a good result in Morecambe as start a bit of a run and put the wretched run were on behind us ....... however I struggle to see where the next win is coming from confidence seems to be at an all-time low I remember the 91-92 season under George Foster finger's crossed history will repeat itself
jay the butcher
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:16 pm

jay the butcher wrote:I like GC he's a honest man a honourable man he doesn't act like a politician or talk like a used car dealer I hope we can get a good result in Morecambe as start a bit of a run and put the wretched run were on behind us ....... however I struggle to see where the next win is coming from confidence seems to be at an all-time low I remember the 91-92 season under George Foster finger's crossed history will repeat itself

The same could be said about the previous manager. Being a football manager is largely about getting positive results and is not a popularity contest. Although by getting positive results normally the popularity follows.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:47 pm

ROKERITE wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:If we go down this season, which we will if we keep Coggers and his cloggers, will JR still be regarded in hero status?

If JR wants to keep his good record untarnished, he better fix up, sack this loser, and get the next appointment spot on.

JR’s vision of championship football is looking more like non league football at the moment, get Paul Cook in sharpish

It is highly unlikely Paul Cook would consider a job in League Two now and if he did Salford City would be a much more attractive proposition than Mansfield Town. He left Pompey for Wigan which suggests geography plays a big part in his choice of jobs.

Geography probably does play a part, hence why when he was at Chesterfield, he was put up in the Casa hotel across the road, and his large bar tabs were picked up by the club too.
I expect the club had to pick up the bill also when a pool of urine was discovered in the lift, and when the CCTV footage was reviewed, Cook was the culprit :lol:

Heard so many stories locally about the bloke from when he was managing Chesterfield, but his team were doing the business on the pitch so it never seemed go be a problem with their fan base.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:45 am

I bet the conversation between Coghlan and his assistant this morning went something like this

This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you got a moment, it's a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'. A large crisis requires a large plan. Get me two pencils and a pair of underpants.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum