{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fantasy Island

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Fantasy Island

Postby diablo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:17 am

Browsing through the list of League 2 players currently without a Club are the following ex Stags

Krystian Pearce
Conrad Logan
Reggie Lambe
Junior Brown
Nathan Thomas

Would you resign any of these players ? and if so which would you remove from the current Squad ?
diablo
First Team
First Team

Re: Fantasy Island

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:25 am

diablo wrote:Browsing through the list of League 2 players currently without a Club are the following ex Stags

Krystian Pearce
Conrad Logan
Reggie Lambe
Junior Brown
Nathan Thomas

Would you resign any of these players ? and if so which would you remove from the current Squad ?

Rhys Bennett is available too, but Junior Brown has signed for Scunthorpe.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:31 am

Id have Nathan Thomas. Bit of a **** but a good player on this day
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:32 am

Pearce and Thomas.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:35 am

Whilst on the Fantasy Island theme, is Herve Villechaize available on a free? For despite the diminutive stature of the actor that played Tattoo I am sure he would do a better job of collecting a cross than Stech.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:48 am

Would take Pearce back in a heartbeat, we know he wasn't at his best last season but we know from before he can organise a defence.

He's got to be better than menayese
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:02 am

think Junior Brown has resigned for Scunny
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Old amber » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:27 am

Think we’ll have to make do... all the good players are gone...I’m baffled why chief hasn’t got a club... ? Has he ?
And what would we do for another Tyler Walker...
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stoney » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:28 am

Pearce and Bennett 100%
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:29 am

None of them, time to move on
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:53 pm

We’re short of a defensive leader and a creative midfielder from my perspective. That would hopefully cut out some of the mistakes at the back as someone is taking command and provide some opportunities for Maynard up top.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:56 pm

Pearce certainly.

Always liked lambe, not always the best but had a funny knack of coming up with important goals.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:19 pm

Given the circumstances that Pearce left under, ie bad apple in the dressing room (allegedly) I don’t think it would be wise to have him back.

If we did it would make Graham’s position untenable in the dressing room and we would need to get rid of Pearce again should we appoint a new manager.

If Pearce was the leader he purports to be, based upon his nickname and status, then, after the Dempster fiasco he would have stepped up to the plate and shown the way.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:25 pm

Definitely not Pearce for the above reasons.

I don’t think GC would play any new players who he didn’t bring to the club anyway but would stick rigidly with his own.

I think we should go with what we’ve got and give the new manager a bit of wriggle room in January.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:47 pm

People need to ask themselves why this 'leader' of men hasn't been able to secure himself a club. Managers talk, those with bad attitudes can get frozen out of the game. The execptions are the players who clearly have skill or something to offer than others don't, Mellis for example. Pearce has shot himself in the foot by thinking he was bigger than the club / manager. He was also garbage last season.

Thomas never did anything of note here. Logan is old and overweight and Lambe is like every other winger at this level, good on his day but has his day once in a blue moon.

We have a good squad. He's added some experienced players to the core we kept. We have a couple of proven strikers, experience throughout and some young blood to bring through. Its easy to blame the squad or quality after a bad start. A couple of wins and everyone would say this squad is amazing. Clearly the manager hasn't got it right yet, but the over reaction to our squad and the manager himself is a bit embarrassing. Take Saturday, we had the better chances, we gifted them a goal then defended badly for the 2nd, the game was dead after that as heads dropped, but it was hardly the mauling many on here would have you believe.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:54 pm

Pearce and Bennett would walk straight in our defence if GC was not manager.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:58 pm

Thought this was a thread about fantasy island at ingoldmells.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:59 pm

Conker wrote:Pearce and Bennett would walk straight in our defence if GC was not manager.

So would Moore and Lever :lol: :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:17 pm

Jamie wrote:People need to ask themselves why this 'leader' of men hasn't been able to secure himself a club. Managers talk, those with bad attitudes can get frozen out of the game. The execptions are the players who clearly have skill or something to offer than others don't, Mellis for example. Pearce has shot himself in the foot by thinking he was bigger than the club / manager. He was also garbage last season.

Thomas never did anything of note here. Logan is old and overweight and Lambe is like every other winger at this level, good on his day but has his day once in a blue moon.

We have a good squad. He's added some experienced players to the core we kept. We have a couple of proven strikers, experience throughout and some young blood to bring through. Its easy to blame the squad or quality after a bad start. A couple of wins and everyone would say this squad is amazing. Clearly the manager hasn't got it right yet, but the over reaction to our squad and the manager himself is a bit embarrassing. Take Saturday, we had the better chances, we gifted them a goal then defended badly for the 2nd, the game was dead after that as heads dropped, but it was hardly the mauling many on here would have you believe.

Sorry it'd take more than 2 wins to change my mind. To shoot into the 'amazing' stratosphere would need a points tally of probs 24points from the next 10 games.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:31 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:Thought this was a thread about fantasy island at ingoldmells.

Me too :D
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:28 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:Thought this was a thread about fantasy island at ingoldmells.

I thought it was about where some of our fans lived ,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:35 pm

Jamie wrote:People need to ask themselves why this 'leader' of men hasn't been able to secure himself a club. Managers talk, those with bad attitudes can get frozen out of the game. The execptions are the players who clearly have skill or something to offer than others don't, Mellis for example. Pearce has shot himself in the foot by thinking he was bigger than the club / manager. He was also garbage last season.

If that's the case why haven't we won one competative game so far this season ? If the squad is as good as you say, then surely we would have won at least a couple by now. From what I've seen since he's been here, the manager is not up to it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:56 pm

I agree with most of that Jamie. Results have been terrible, but performances, with the exception of possibly the last couple, have been decent enough. As I’ve said before, it’s never as bad as people will have you believe. But, he certainly has to start winning games or else the performances count for nothing. We’re creating plenty of chances but not taking them. Whilst at the other end, we continue to make awful errors.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:34 pm

Sorry Mussy but I genuinely don’t think we’ve had a decent performance all season.

Our best try was probably at Newport but they had a tremendously sapping game the previous Tuesday and were leg weary.

Tranmere didn’t make any effort to win and we still looked unlikely to score.

Bradford are probably the first team to have a go from the off as the others have shown undeserved respect until they realised how poor we are. We won’t get respect from here on in unless we change our system and put some pace into our game.

I’ve supported the Stags since the early 60’s and can’t remember a more disorganised bunch who are totally leaderless. As confidence saps away there is only one way we are going and it’s not up.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:20 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Sorry Mussy but I genuinely don’t think we’ve had a decent performance all season.

Our best try was probably at Newport but they had a tremendously sapping game the previous Tuesday and were leg weary.

Tranmere didn’t make any effort to win and we still looked unlikely to score.

Bradford are probably the first team to have a go from the off as the others have shown undeserved respect until they realised how poor we are. We won’t get respect from here on in unless we change our system and put some pace into our game.

I’ve supported the Stags since the early 60’s and can’t remember a more disorganised bunch who are totally leaderless. As confidence saps away there is only one way we are going and it’s not up.

I don’t think that’s fair, in my opinion.

We deserved to beat Tranmere. We played well. You can say they didn’t try to beat us, which I agree with, but neither did Stevenage, and we underperformed in that game. We deserved a draw at both Orient and Newport, and at home to Stevenage. Exeter and Bradford we got what we deserved.

So that would give us 6 points. Which is still not good enough IMO. I’m not trying to convince anyone it is to be honest, I’m just trying to say that it’s not as bad as some would have you believe.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum